Is There Anybody There?

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Is There Anybody There?

Postby patsiej » 20 Mar 2021 13:12

I've always loved this forum and still remember many of the usernames. Much more small and friendly than the many Facebook groups.

Does anybody remember the Icmeler Online of old and did anybody go to the meet up several years ago in the Chill Bar? There's a photo somewhere. It was a great evening and really good being able to put faces to usernames.

Patsiej
patsiej

Advertisement

Re: Is There Anybody There?

Postby blondie » 20 Mar 2021 21:16

I'm still here! :lol:
blondie

Postby redrhino12 » 20 Mar 2021 21:33

Im still here Pat,I read your post online about the Icmeler online forum,so tried to sign in but had forgot my password,come to try again tonight and am already signed in.We haven’t been to Icmeler for 2 years due to the restrictions and am giving it a miss this year.But would love to come back next year to see all the alterations to the resort eg. The new shops at the side of the canal.It would be lovely to see old friends,we also went to the Chill Bar ,and Old Famous Kitchen to the party’s thier.
redrhino12

Postby patsiej » 20 Mar 2021 22:41

Lovely to hear from you Gene. We've booked for this year (carried over from last year) but things aren't looking good. Still, I'm hoping all will be well. I don't mind coming home and staying indoors for 10 days, just don't want anything more than that.

We managed to get to Icmeler last September. Went on the Tuesday and on the Thursday the UK closed the air corridor. It was lovely to get there but very sad seeing everywhere getting quieter and quieter. Ours was the last flight back to the UK. Very sad.

Hope we get to see you next year Gene.

Blondie, how about you? Do you think you'll get there this year?

Patsiej
patsiej

Postby paty » 20 Mar 2021 22:45

I’m still here I remember it all starting up hope we get over this year xx
paty

Postby blondie » 20 Mar 2021 23:42

I honestly don't know if we'll be over this year. We didn't manage last year and to be honest, we're waiting to see how things go with the virus at the moment. It's not so much being over there which concerns me, but the idea of being cooped up on a plane with a few hundred strangers for more than four hours doesn't really appeal at the moment. We'll see though - we could both really use a holiday and we do miss Turkey and its people.
blondie

Advertisement

Postby patsiej » 21 Mar 2021 01:57

Blondie,

I was concerned last September but all was well. On the flight out people were queuing for the toilets which was against all the rules but most people did conform with the masks policy.

Coming back the Pilot read the riot act. He announced all the rules and said if anybody didn't follow them 'you know who you are' then rest assured we WILL divert the flight to have you removed. I can only assume that somebody on the flight had had their card marked. The result was everybody observed the rules. The flight was uncomfortable as with no AC it was hot and masks didn't help but it was OK. Well worth it. In resort all was well.

If we get there this year it will be better as most of us will have been vaccinated and I understand that vaccine is being rolled out as fast as possible in resorts. Who knows?

Let's hope the Gods are on our side.

Patsiej
patsiej

Postby cmac » 23 Mar 2021 02:21

Looking forward to going later in the year. Thankfully it looks like Turkey is not buying into the nonsensical "vaccine passport" nonsense.
cmac

Postby patsiej » 23 Mar 2021 17:41

Lovely to see posts from you all. Let's see if we can give Blondie a hand in keeping the forum going.

Patsiej
patsiej

Postby smc4761 » 24 Mar 2021 22:54

Still here
Our May holiday was cancelled last year so booked again for 15 May this year but that also now been cancelled and rebooked now for May 2022

Depending on how things are in the world will try and get over September/October.

Even the Facebook groups are typically much quieter than they were as not many folks managed to get out last year. Think a number are also being put off going anywhere this year as well

On the downside numbers of Covid are up in Turkey including Mugla area
smc4761

Postby patsiej » 25 Mar 2021 12:20

Our June 2020 holiday was cancelled so we carried over to 2021. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but must admit - it's not looking good.
patsiej

Advertisement

Postby LynnJenny » 09 Aug 2021 23:23

We had our holiday cancelled twice this year we are leaving it untill next year its not the same everyone came on here for a chat and put photos on when john was here but then people went on facebook its a shame miss icmeler not been for 3 years cant wait for july 2022
LynnJenny

Postby patsiej » 25 Aug 2021 13:41

Hi LynnJenny

We have given up on this year. Have got June and September 2022 booked so hopefully we'll get there then. Surly this crazy world will be on more of an even keel by then!!

Patsiej
patsiej

Postby ivano » 28 Aug 2021 10:54

should have been flying out today for 3 weeks.still never mind booked for next year end of august for 3 weeks so something to look forward to :D :D
ivano

Postby patsiej » 29 Aug 2021 22:03

Afraid we will miss you Ivano as we're going later in September. Hope we all make it next year and you never know - maybe we will all be there at the same time at some point in the future. x
patsiej

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum