2020 Holiday Prices

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

2020 Holiday Prices

Postby geordie1970 » 21 Jan 2020 02:26

Hi all, I hope everyone is well and had a good start to the year :wink:

Just a quick one to ask if it’s just me or do the prices for 2020 seem to have rocketed?? :shock:

I’ve looked at always of getting me and Mrs G the cheapest deal, but the flights are so expensive from ‘Toon International’ and I don’t want to have the hassle travelling from Edinburgh, Manchester or Liverpool etc, as by the time you factor other costs in it’s not worth it :cry:

Accommodation prices seem okay, but it’s just the Airlines that are taking the biscuit it seems ... with one competitor gone they’re just trying to cash in it appears and flights with Jet2 are around £940 for us both!

Cheers
geordie1970

Advertisement

Re: 2020 Holiday Prices

Postby cmac » 21 Jan 2020 03:19

When TC went out the game the flight prices really shot up. They have calmed a bit, and now Easyjet are flying to Dalaman from Glasgow, they did not before. Prices are still up on last year. We got 3 flights last year for just over £900 for 3 of us with Jet2, but this year it is not far off the same for just the 2 of us I usually book flights in April for end of June / start of July, as that is when they seem cheaper. This year we are going mid September, but looking at flights tonight, they are still high, we will wait until later in the year and hope they come down. We pay the owner of the apartments direct, so no rise there, i don't think. I still have about 2000 YTL from last year, so exchange rate will not affect us too much
cmac

Postby blondie » 21 Jan 2020 11:38

Flight prices do seem quite high at the moment. Have you considered flying into Bodrum instead of Dalaman? The transfer time isn't that much longer - about half an hour or so - and if you make adecent saving on the flights, it can be well worthwhile. It doesn't always work out cheaper - depends where you fly from and when - but it's definitely worth taking a look at the prices to compare. Alternatively, you could take a look at some packages - even to Marmaris - then not use the accommodation and book your own as that can sometimes be an answer too (just make sure you tell them when you get there that you won't be using the accommodation). Again, just a suggestion...
blondie

Postby geordie1970 » 22 Jan 2020 02:16

Cheers for the replies to both of you, much appreciated :D

Thanks for the info Blondie, I’ll certainly have a look at the Bodrum flights and I’ve looked into the Marmaris idea before but would save next to nothing unfortunately :shock:

We will be there this year, it’s just playing a waiting game like all of us to when it’s the cheapest to book :?
geordie1970

Postby dragon53 » 06 Mar 2020 14:17

I checked the prices for Bodrum and Dalaman from Bristol for a few months. Dalaman was cheaper only on the odd occasion. Our booked flights to Bodrum were £200 cheaper and our return transfer is £50 more. A no brainer really :)
dragon53
New User
New User

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum