First blog of first holiday May 2015

Blogs written by holidaymakers to Turkey. Please add your name and destination to your blog's subject line.

Moderator: blondie

First blog of first holiday May 2015

Postby Sami » 10 May 2015 05:26

Arrival time 13.34 8th May 2015. Picked up the luggage quickly which is always good and headed out to our pick up point. This time I even had a name plaque, very welcoming. Private taxi booked through ICR of course and we were off. Passing all the familiar sights on our way to Icmeler.
After a smooth running, very quick journey we arrived at our destination, Sun Village apartments. Mama remembered me from last year and greeted me with a hug and kiss. Met with Mehmet for the first time and I felt like I was home.
The decision was made to have a few beers before going to the room. The room as always clean and tidy, Dad is impressed which is great.
First evening we visit Lovestar. Not seen Kris for a while and so it was good to say hello and find out how him and his wife are doing. Food was very good too. Early night!
Day 1
Breakfast at the apartments followed by a couple of hours in the sunshine. It's good to feel the warmth on your skin. I even went in the pool so it must have been hot. Tanning has started. At lunchtime we walked down to Kontes Beach, dad not been there before but with his poorly leg I thought it might be too far. No, we made it and after a few beers for him and ciders for me, yummy pizza to share, even managed the walk back. In all the excitement totally forgot to take money to change up and to pop in and see the ICR girls.
First proper evening we take a wander down to the new Linekars where Lal used to be. They've done a really good job and it was so nice to be greeted by my friends Spider, Ibrahim and Ozzy. Food was delicious with chicken fajitas and southern fried chicken strips. Nicely presented too. Price was fantastic for what we had. Slow walk home and fairly early one again, I think a mix of travelling, sun and beer at lunchtime caught up on us. Day 2, Sunday, get me on that sunbed!.....
Sami

Advertisement

Re: First blog of first holiday May 2015

Postby blondie » 10 May 2015 12:19

Thanks for that, Sami - always good to hear from someone actually in the resort. We'll be at Sun Village too in just a couple of weeks! :)
blondie

Postby Sami » 10 May 2015 15:03

Few hours of rays today by the pool. Very nice. Dad wants to lunch at Kontes again so that's what we do. Got a decent rate on our exchange too. Popped in to see Michelle at the office and onward.
A lovely lunch and a wander back under slightly moody skies. The sun was still coming through the clouds so had a little sleep on the sunbed to recoup.
Sitting now watching footie and my eyes are itching badly, think some kind of pollen is getting to me. Hmmm where for dinner.....
Sami

Postby Sami » 12 May 2015 06:56

So the moody skies continued. Had a few rays yesterday morning and after walking down to Kontes again it wasn't long before we moved inside.
Day 2's dinner was at Chef restaurant. As always the food was superb and not at all expensive. Wandered back and had a few vodkas at the apartments bar with Mehmet. Awoke yesterday with a very cloudy noggin. It's now Monday,
Few rays in the morning as I say and after moving inside to eat lunch the heavens opened. A light shower to start with but soon got heavier as we headed back. A drink stop at Backstage and back to change before din dins. Last night was Sidik's. A very nice red wine and Mexican steak went down very nicely.
Tuesday.....Dad awoke with the fuzzy head today! May have been the Bacardi consumed at lunchtime and all afternoon. Outside its cloudy and I can hear thunder so I don't think there will be any sunbathing today. I hope it clears up for the rest of the week.
Sami

Postby shelly » 12 May 2015 11:39

Thank you for taking the time out Sami I love to read the blogs . It's my favourite part of the forum. Have a great holiday with your dad :D :D :D
shelly

Postby Sami » 13 May 2015 08:08

Managed a few hours around the pool yesterday but when we looked at the clouds coming over, felt it was time to head under cover. The temperature dropped quite a bit and I just sat in the bar reading and having a beer. The rain never did come. Headed out to Lighthouse for a curry last night, it was very good and also nice to see a familiar face in Josh working there too.
Clear skies last night and after a fairly early night, awoke bright eyed this morning to watch the village come alive and feel the sun warm up. Lazing around the pool is the order of the day today.
Sami

Advertisement

Postby blondie » 13 May 2015 08:32

Thanks for the update, Sami - I knew Josh was going to be at the Lighthouse this year, and I believe Omer (formerly also of Bonjour) is also going to be there this year too. Hope the weather is a big better for you today.
blondie

Postby JT » 13 May 2015 09:06

Well done on the blog Sami
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby Sami » 13 May 2015 13:35

Lazed around the pool all morning and then headed on down to Kontes Beach for some lunchtime drinks and a bite to eat. Flippin clouds coming over as we walk back so no chance of more sunbathing. And now I hear thunder too, wonderful! Efes it is then.
Sami

Postby Sami » 13 May 2015 14:51

Isn't it funny when you sit and listen to other peoples conversations. Makes me wonder sometimes a)why they bother coming away and b)why did they book the place they are staying. Jeez, moaning that there is no tv in the room or that there is a place down the road that has 2 big pools. Well........go there then! I do hate ungrateful people. Make the most of it or move!
Sami

Postby blondie » 13 May 2015 15:25

Some people are never happy, Sami - and some just have incredibly unrealistic expectations. They want the cheapest possible price, yet some seem to expect five-star luxury for it. I remember a few years back hearing one family moan at the apartments we were staying at (which, by the way, were lovely and we couldn't fault them in the slightest) - that they wouldn't have bothered if they'd known it would be Turkish breakfasts. Well hello - you're in Turkey, and at that time, you could buy a 'proper English breakfast' in many places for £1.
blondie

Advertisement

Postby Sami » 14 May 2015 05:10

Makes me laugh but on the other hand makes me angry.
Anyway, yesterday afternoon more spits of rain. Not happy. Ate again at Sidik's last night as my mate Edy is back. Was good to see him too. Meal was fab, wine lovely but felt very full and bloated afterwards. Early night which resulted in waking up 3 times during the early hours and not being able to get back to sleep. Needless to say I was up and awake at half 7.
But the sun is slowly coming out and warming up and another day starts. I am certainly not going to bed early tonight. I am going to eat, drink and be merry!
Sami

Postby Sami » 15 May 2015 05:09

Thursday was spent lazing around the pool all day. No walking around, nowhere for lunch, sun sun sun all day! Love it. Had a couple of beers late afternoon and back out on that bed to get as many rays as I can. The tan is coming along nicely. Head back to the bar for a couple of cheeky vodkas, a head start on the evening for which I'd planned a bar crawl before dinner. Walked down to Lighthouse first, next door to Ida to see Ali, another familiar face. Said hi to Jerry in Bonjour and around the corner to Chef again for dinner. Very good steak. Onwards over the road to Friends bar to see another mate, Ali and one more for the road in Ida. Toddled homeward and had one more with Jamie, or was it 2? Haha. Awake early again though and feeling alright. Last full day today...... Its gone so quick but it's ok. I will get home and start saving for my 5 days in July. Ahhh looks like it's going to be another lovely day.....
Sami

Postby Sami » 15 May 2015 16:53

Another morning spent around the pool. Very hot day but with a lovely cool breeze. Walked down to Kontes Beach for a few ciders and a small lunch. Popped into the ICR office to arrange keeping the room on for a bit as it's our last day tomorrow. Stopped in Lighthouse for another one to say goodbye to Josh.
Spent the rest of the afternoon in the sun followed by a few vodka mojito's. Now daddy not feeling too well even though he has not been drinking like me this afternoon. Hmm, could be dinner alone tonight :(
Sami

Postby Sami » 16 May 2015 04:50

Dad managed a slow stroll to Linekers, where we ate and came back. Early night for Dad. I had a few more drinkies downstairs while chatting with some lovely people and waited for a friend to come and meet me. After a good ole chat, I had 2 more and headed to bed around half 1. Didn't want to feel too bad for the packing today and last bit of sunshine.
It's been a lovely few days though it has flown by really quick. Too quick! Oh well, Gatwick bound later this evening and I can smile in the knowledge that I have 61 sleeps till I'm back again!
Sami

Postby ScouseFitz » 20 May 2015 08:37

Cheers for the blog, Sami. Nice to see the blogging commence. We're at sun village early July for the first time, so very much looking forward to meeting them all. But. Are they ready for ME? That's the question!! Love the blog tho and I look forward to your next one.
ScouseFitz

Advertisement

Postby stevew » 20 May 2015 16:47

Great Blog Sami.... really enjoyed it :D :D , and ScouseFitz could anybody be ready for you...... :lol: :lol:
Steve
stevew

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 21 May 2015 15:40

Just discovered your blog today Sami and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Sounds like you had a lovely holiday despite the weather. Recognised some of the names of the staff you mention and good to know where they are this year. Thanks.
sunlover loch lomond

Postby Sami » 07 Jul 2015 16:40

Scouse, obviously you are there already...... were they ready? My next blog will start as of the 16th. In the meantime, mine ended with a 5 hour delay at Dalaman when I got there. Though TC did feed us and water us and I even got a refund/comp. Was a sad end to a brilliant, chilled holiday. Next one, imminent.
Sami

• Advertisement

Return to Blogs by Real Holidaymakers