Jill and Johns Kent hotel blog

Blogs written by holidaymakers to Turkey. Please add your name and destination to your blog's subject line.

Moderator: blondie

Jill and Johns Kent hotel blog

Postby JohnJill » 04 Oct 2014 10:24

Well been here a few days so thought I'd better get this started.

Arrived early hours of the morning on the 30th September and was quickly checked in and shown to our room via the lift ( thank god for the lift my case weighed a ton )
On getting into the room John said we'll I ain't moving from here. ....We originally thought about a week here and a week elsewhere.

Kent hotel has had a total refurb and the rooms are very modern. We are in a family room and the bathroom is big enough to play football in. ......well maybe a little exaggeration but it's big.

The main room has a double bed and then another bedroom with twin beds for the kids.......damn forgot I left them at home. I have a fridge in my room which I had ask for but not sure this is the norm. Only thing missing is a kettle I did ask about one but was told they don't have kettles in the rooms.....ok I can do without.

First day was spent out and about for a little dander which of course included a visit to the 3/4 bells and a game of pool.....I stuck to water John on the beer. A visit to Nebi in FX Hair best hairdresser in icmeler apart from me lol.....John got a haircut.

Back to the hotel and got settled by the pool a few more drinks were consumed and of course served by the great linekers staff Jack and Abraham (Linekers bar serves the pool).

For once I can actually say I could taste the alcohol a lot of places the drinks have been rubbish but not in linekers.

6 o'clock time for me to get my hair done and another visit to the 3/4 bells and then for something to eat.......just a pity someone had drank to much beer so dinner conisted of a kebab. Then to majestic were John entertained them with his dancing.... I call it the jock shuffle as I beg the floor to open and swallow me lol.
A quick jump into the Venice to see Levent 1 drink and home to our comfy bed in the Kent. ...phew what an eventful day
Last edited by JohnJill on 04 Oct 2014 11:29, edited 1 time in total.
JohnJill

Advertisement

Re: Jill and Johns Kent hotel blog

Postby JohnJill » 04 Oct 2014 11:26

Day 2 1st Oct

Up early this morning as I wanted to make sure I got my breakfast

Buffet style breakfast suits me eggs meat, cheese, tomatoes, cucumber, melon, wee cooked things that looked liked sausages .....or shrivelled willies.......i didn't try them so can't quote and of course bread a few different types.

Coffee is from a machine but the cappuccino was great ....A good start to the morning.

Today's a lazy day by the pool on the ipad signing up for a new venture in the UK ........maybe I'll make millions and treat John next time I'm here I know what he'll be saying if he reads this yeah yeah as if ....He he.

A few drinks consumed again by the pool.......and John manages to sneak in a few wee afternoon baby naps ....awe god love him I suppose he is getting old zzzzzz. 

Showered changed and out to Rush Bar . Had a beautiful lamb casserole and John had Tikka massala both really good.

Met up with the lovley Yvonne and now for a few games of bingo and yes you guessed it I won diddly squat I couldn't even win an argument for heavens sake.

Back to the hotel and one for the road in Linekers. Up to the room and think so glad I'm staying here hotel is really nice and remember it can only be booked through icmeler on line ( icr ). Nighty night folks.
JohnJill

Postby JohnJill » 04 Oct 2014 11:27

Day 3 2nd oct

Well no breakfast this morning ....I'll blame the one for the road.

A few hours by the pool then off to Marmaris to the dentist. Called into ICR on route to tell John I was enjoying being at the hotel and he was actually nice to me........which means he didn't call me lard arse cheeky b*****d

A wee McDonald's and on to the dentist......what diet this I say I was on. Only took half hour in the dentist that's the second stage of my implant done back to Icmeler we go.

A few hours left around the pool and then of to Sonys for the quiz.....well what can I say we didn't win but didn't come last either.

Back to Linekers for our nightcap and bed.
JohnJill

Postby JohnJill » 05 Oct 2014 12:44

Day 4 3rd Oct

Had a wee lie in this morning so no breakfast for us. This is going to be a really lazy day today and it was.....didn't leave the hotel pool all day except to go to the shop and get some diet coke for my morgans.

Up to the room and sat on the balcony for a bit having a few morgans and scouring the Internet. ......don't know what I'm looking for but I'm looking anyhow......and were is john oh must be baby nap time again so while he sleeps ill play catch up and the morgans is going down fine.

Well after a great shower ( showers in Kent really powerful and warm ).....We head of out to Majestic not sure if they'll let us in after John's dancing antics. ...but they do and they say his dancing would make a great act for next year NOT!!!!!!@.

Had my favourite meal there the beef and green onion....John had spag bold both lovley meals but then again they always are.

A wee walk back to linekers and one for the road. Nighty nigh folks
JohnJill

Postby JohnJill » 06 Oct 2014 10:26

Day 5 4th Oct

Up bright and breezy this morning and down for breakfast on my own John not wanting any so just sat on my own drinking endless cups of coffee waiting on him.

Took ourselves off for awalk along the beach and down past Denis kapesi round to were i parked my yacht last night. ......oh dear i cant find it must have been a dream. Was really looking a rich single man but didn't find him.....damn I'm stuck with John lol.

A wee dander up the canal and stopped off at Mitos for a drink and a catch up with Ali.

Back to the pool and it's almost lunch time so order some chicken wings in sweet and sour sauce, snacks are being brought from the majestic as the kitchen at kent not up and running yet....yeah I would recommend them

Rest of the day spent lying by the pool.......oh and can I add the toilets by the pool at the Kent are immaculate you could eat your dinner of the floor.

Well tonight it's fish and chips so Harry Rams it is........well I didn't have fish and chips I gad the chicken strips instead and John had scampi, chicken strips were good but john doesn't recommend the scampi says it was batter prawns and was chewy. .....Other than that everything was fine Tyfun is a lovley man always pleasant.

Decided just to go to the 3 bells for a game of pool just love beating John........and off home to linekers for our nightcap
Nighty night folks
JohnJill

Postby JohnJill » 06 Oct 2014 10:56

Day 6 5th Oct

At breakfast alone again.......The late nights are starting to take their toll on John.....poor baby he's getting old. It's a bit cloudy today so I have a few more cups of coffee nothing to Rush to the pool for.

Well we decided on going out for a walk, headed along the beach and up into Cafe del Mar just love in here sitting looking at the veiw......my favourite place. John orders some lentil soup but wasn't fussed on it it had mint in it .....yuck says he'll stick with Sidiks lentil soup and my water tasted funny......might sound stupid but it did........disappointing.

Back to the pool we go the sun is breaking through the clouds a nice day after all. Really fancied pide for lunch so the linekers guys kindly ordered it in for Me from Nefis Pide.....no visit to turkey is complete without a Pide........Back to my sunbathing and a few Malibu to complete the afternoon.

Up to the room and ready to go out John has his little 20 min nap I have a Morgans on the balcony. ......god my diet ain't doing well.

And away we go for food again all we seem to do is eat and drink......tonight we have chosen Alin's grill we have never been before but have heard good reports.......I'll decide lol.
I can't recommend what I had because I don't know what it was a plate of yogurt with like wee thin chip things on top then beef that had been cooked in a reddish stuff and veg round the side of the plate was delish although could have been a bit warmer for me. John had the lasagne looked good and he said it was good I didn't get to taste it he doesn't share.

A wee walk through the town and stopped off to see Gamze but she wasn't there away to hospital with upset tummy........get better soon Gamze.

It got a bit messy after that into the Mitos for 1 the Majestic for mm mm a few the irish bar for 1 and back to linekers. ......me thinks there might be a sore head in the morning. .....
JohnJill

Advertisement

Postby JohnJill » 08 Oct 2014 23:34

And yeah a sore head today but awe well it had to be done get your head under the freezing water ..........as I did today curtsey of john whilst looking for his ear plug. It did waken me though. A wee stroll through the village just to remind us we love it up there.

didn't eat lunch today still feeling the effects of the alcohol ......no more alcohol for me.

That only lasted till late afternoon a few wee vodkas before getting ready to go out

Of to fryer tucks we go nit my choice or not were i wanted to go....but anyway the baby needed his sloppy mashed potatoes and steak pie ......i decided on chicken curry it was ok not to much curry sauce........then I was greedy and wanted apple crumble ....so I had it was very disappointed. .....along we went to the Venice to see Levent and a few more drinks

Time to go home to bed Nighty night
JohnJill

Postby kirky » 11 Oct 2014 19:08

thanks time for blog any chance finishing it :lol:
kirky

• Advertisement

Return to Blogs by Real Holidaymakers