Blondie's blog...part 1

Blogs written by holidaymakers to Turkey. Please add your name and destination to your blog's subject line.

Moderator: blondie

Blondie's blog...part 1

Postby blondie » 30 May 2014 14:23

Told JT I would try to do a blog this time so here goes...
Arrived late Tuesday evening...good flights with easy jet...only took hand luggage so no waiting around at airport. Passport control quick and easy... Most folk appeared to have evisa but they weren't asking to see paper copies. Private transfer quick and
efficient to Mavera Hotel...nice little hotel in quiet location near the Winehouse. Lovely comfy sunbeds and nice little pool. Turkish breakfasts are good and staff helpful and can't do enough for you. So far, we have eaten at Alin's, Kardelen and Meryem Yemek Evi...all great meals.
Prices may have risen slightly but there are still some great value set menus around...had lovely Turkish breakfast at
Deniz Kapisi yesterday where we bumped into the famous Dolly and got our Dolly fridge magnets inlaid of Icmeler animal welfare. Resort is quiet...but the changes haven't spoiled anything for us. A few new builds have sprung up here and there. Had thunder and lightning and torrential rain during the night and everyone was predicting rain today but it's been roasting up until now although I'm currently sitting on the balcony writing this and it's clouding over again.
Will try to give another update in due course...if anyone wants to know anything in particular I will try to get an answer for you.
blondie

Advertisement

Re: Blondie's blog...part 1

Postby Roy » 31 May 2014 08:18

Hi Blondie, you may well know this but close to the Mavera there is the turkish park/gardens, can't remember the name, where there is some wildlife; lovely place for a relaxing beer or coffee (they also serve food) haven't been yet this year but you mentioning the Mavera made me think of it.
Roy

Postby Roy » 31 May 2014 12:21

Well that's then, :( I took a walk round to the park sadly to find it derelict & dirty. Obviously not opening this year which is a shame but being honest it was usually very quiet which really is a shame considering what the Mayor is doing to other establishments to create a calmer & quieter atmosphere.
Roy

Postby blondie » 01 Jun 2014 16:18

We'll, since my last post, we've eaten more lovely meals..mainly at the little Turkish places including Kayra pide and Burcu, both round from Tansas. Great food and even better value! Nice meal at the Holiday last night too. Roasting today so we went up to the dog shelter and took a couple of the dogs for a walk. For anyone who likes animals, all I can say is that walkers are welcomed with open arms by Janet and Semin who run the shelter...and the dogs love the attention!
Thunder and some rain this afternoon. Then the sun came out again, but the thunder has just come back...
blondie

• Advertisement

Return to Blogs by Real Holidaymakers