Switch to full style
Blogs written by holidaymakers to Turkey. Please add your name and destination to your blog's subject line.
Post a reply

Re: Scouse Fitz back in town.

19 Aug 2013 13:19

Scouse - you're a trooper! Your daily blogs have made me/us laugh so much. It's so good of you to take the time off from your hols (all be it mainly from a watering hole!! :lol: ) just to keep us all updated of the comings and goings in our 2nd home - very thoughtfull of you. We still not quite down to single figure sleeps yet, but not long now and can't wait to be back. I personally shall not be able to blog whilst out there as we do not have the technology :cry: - but will try and put something on when we get back home. Cheers everyone and happy holidays. xxx :P

17 Sep 2013 11:34

Well, its mid September, cold, and perissssssstently raining outside, Ive got a rare day off, and Ive spent much of the morning reading stuff on the forum, and looking though photos of the lovely Icmeler. May as well take a moment to actually finish this year's blog!! First time for everything, I suppose!

I've not had much grief of JT to finish it, tho that's probably got more to do with the fact that Im currently supplying him with hundreds of bottles for his home brew!! (I hasten to add, these aren't bottles I've drunk, I'm saving them in my pub!!!).

So. The last day. And always the least enjoyable. Cos you know the end means 'home time'. I usually spend this day walking round wearing the face of a condemned man. We were'nt getting picked up until half 7, so it was a day to chill round the pool mostly, chatting to the other guests, being shamed at the pool table by our 12year old, and having a laugh with Tango and Mustafa. We also ate our final meal at The Rhodes, a lovely fry up, and a tonne of coffee to start the day. It's time to pack the bags, somehow managing to struggle to fit everything in, even though we're actually taking less home! Never did get how this happens, but it does. So while the eldest and the mother try and wring out the last few hours of sun before the dreaded journey back up 'that hill', and the youngest gets stuck into yet another art project, I head off for a final stroll. I call in to Jimmy Asda to say farewell. Again! Do the same at Club Sun Village and Moonlight, and finally stroll to say my goodbyes to the Three Bells lads. Two pints, which I drink verrrrrrrryyyy slllllooowwllly, and it's back to Rhodes for a final dip, get changed and take my place in the bar for a final couple of beers with Sheila (biddy), and Mike.

I'd already carried our bags downstairs with a heavy heart, and to be honest, a tear in my eye. Hard not to, after a final look out of the kitchen window across the Old Village. Still miss that view. The Mosque. Those mountains. The smells. The sounds. Even the chickens!! (And what I wouldn't give right now, just to hear the crazed early morning cockadoodldooing!!!- anyone want to buy a second hand right arm??)

We hang around for a while awaiting our pick up, who arrives a little late. Pleased to see that it's the same blacked out windows limo job that collected us at the airport all that time ago (2wks but it feels like years). We hotfoot it to Dalaman, and take one last lingering and tearful look over our shoulders from the top of the hill, as the sun sets, and the lights start to come on. Another lovely night in Icmeler for some, but sadly, not us.

Arriving in the airport in record time, we join all the other miserable faces in the same miserable queues, and head for something to eat. Never a good idea in Dalaman, but the eldest is insisting, and even offering to pay, so..in for a lira!! Turns out there's a Summer Sale on in Burger King, cos we manage to secure 4 cheeseburgers, 4 cokes, and 4 chips for the bargain knockdown price of just £3,457.99!! Or something. Anyway it's onto an uncomfortable night flight to Blighty, making sure we don't get much sleep on the way, and that our backs and necks hurt as much as possible! Baggage at Manchester comes through fairly quickly, and we step outside just in time for the heavens to open!!! It lashes down, we do our best drowned rat impression as we clamber into the car, and drive home through underwater conditions!!

Within 24 hours, Im back in work, while Mrs SF takes care of the washing, and the girls sleep for what seems to a be a whole week..

And, that, ladies and gents, was our 2013 holiday. Over in a flash it seems. But, as ever, we had a fantastic time, met some lovely new friends, and met up with some great old friends. We ate well, had a drink or, ahem, two. We stayed in a fantastic place where we were well looked after, and we did an awful lot of laughing. A great, great, holiday, in the company of my lovely family, who, because of work, I don't see enough of.

Thanks for reading my nonsense here folks, and for all your kind comments on the blog. We're already booked for next year, but I don't think I'll be doing another blog cos I found it difficult to find new and original things to blog about this year. Thanks for reading. And if you're there right now, or going out soon, have a beer in The Three Bells for me!!

Cheers,
Paul.

17 Sep 2013 12:48

I don't actually believe my eyes

You finished it in the same year

Just a few points to add

You actually and your daughter helped to sup my home made wines and you will be supplied with more next week

Do you know of another travel agent that would book you into a complex without you even knowing as he saw that there was only one room left

I think a nice drink from you will be in order next Monday when I pick up the next lot of bottles

01 Nov 2013 12:41

Scouse, as ever, one of the best blogs I have read. I actually felt your sadness as I read of your last day, bless you. Glad you managed to get booked for next year. I need to get mine sorted out but cannot book any holiday until the new year. Plus my car is about to die so may need to sacrifice one of the many I usually have to buy something newer. :(

07 Aug 2014 11:50

Have really enjoyed your past blogs - wondering if you are holidaying in Icmeler this year

07 Aug 2014 20:40

Alas, Paul is far too busy launching lots of new things in his restaurant in Liverpool in 2014 to even bother with us.

he has though already booked his apartment at the Rhodes for 2015

08 Aug 2014 10:02

I'm afraid JT's right. We're not in Icmeler this year, which is a shame, because if Facebook's anything to go by, there's plenty of bloggable shenanigans going on in our absence!! I'm really missing the heat, the pool, the sun, the Efes, and of course, The Three Bells!! But as John says, we've booked Rhodes for early July next year, and I'm already sharpening my pencil for that blog!!

Hope you all have a great time there this year, and have a cold one for me!!!

Cheers
Paul

30 Aug 2014 14:08

I've managed to book one week in Icmeler this year and this happen at the end of September. A new friend is coming with me so I'm going to try and get round some new places to eat and drink. A new blog from me will arise and hopefully some laughable shennanigans will come from it. I;ve also booked for May 2015 so can do one then too. :D

01 Sep 2014 19:38

Looking forward to you blog as there has been a shortage of them this season. I am as guilty as everybody else but will try to do a blog later in the month - mind it won't be a patch on Scouse Fitz lol!! :D

28 Jun 2015 12:01

That's great to hear (just recovered my log in details) sorry for very late reply! Always love to hear your blogs and look forward to reading, Turner Family

04 Jul 2015 20:19

Well, folks. The time has come. We fly out tomorrow, and can't wait. We'll be staying at Sun Village, and I'm looking forward to typing more garbage for your delectation.......

Let the blogging commence....

05 Jul 2015 12:02

Thanks ScouseFitz. That's my Içmeler fix sorted for the next couple of weeks. Love reading your blogs. They are so well put together, interesting and amusing.

05 Jul 2015 15:46

Can't wait for your blogs and updates -safe journey :D :D

07 Jul 2015 16:28

Scouse, the main man. Apart from JT of course. Hope your journey was a good one. Can't wait to see your blogs this year. I will even see you this time as I arrive on 16th. :)

10 Jul 2015 22:12

Sami are you going to blog too ? Hope so :D just keep away from that Scouse bloke who watches ppl in lycra and brings undies on his hols :lol:

11 Jul 2015 12:26

Hahaha
I am going yes, this Thursday I fly out and of course I'll be keeping a blog.

23 Jul 2015 10:33

Hmm, well if you are keeping a blog Sami then you are doing exactly that

Keeping it

25 Jul 2015 14:29

I won't hijack Scouse's page. To be fair I thought that nobody would want to hear about my trip, it was fairly subdued. Apart from the night in Marmaris I suppose but that was your fault!
Post a reply