Sami's blog - holiday 2

Blogs written by holidaymakers to Turkey. Please add your name and destination to your blog's subject line.

Moderator: blondie

Sami's blog - holiday 2

Postby Sami » 16 Jul 2013 11:47

Coming soon............
Leaving the UK Thursday 18th July at 07.10 on Thomas Cook flight. Hopefully no delays or hiccups. All packed and ready to go. I will try and keep you all updated everyday like before, hopefully will be interesting reading for you all.
News feed will begin 18/07/2013 :D
Sami

Advertisement

Re: Sami's blog - holiday 2

Postby goodlookinbill » 16 Jul 2013 16:11

have a great time I no you will.ps you have got a great flight time going sami which airport are you going from and how much was the flight hope ime not being to nosey as we wanted to go from Birmingham and they were to dear for us. all the best bill and lin
goodlookinbill

Postby Sami » 17 Jul 2013 10:02

Hi, yes, don't need any encouragement to have a good time. It will happen naturally in Icmeler and with the company I will have with me :D
The flights I got through Thomas Cook, on Sky Scanner and we paid £169 each one way I think, something like that and this is with bags included, no meals or anything. Flying from Gatwick at 07.10, brilliant. Though having to get up at silly o'clock, you don't mind when you know you'll be in resort by at least 3.30pm with an Efes in hand :lol:
Sami

Postby Sami » 19 Jul 2013 05:10

Well, merhaba from Icmeler everyone. Arrived safe and transfer was fine. Tolga informed us on arrival that there would be rain. Our plans of a Turkish bath went to one side and we had a few beers in the bar instead. Showered and changed around half 7, we headed to Sidik's. Wonderful meal which we all enjoyed. Feeling a little tired we wandered back to the apartments and to bed. First evening really nice and I feel like I'm home.

This morning up bright and early, can't say bushy tailed because I'd be lying. Going to have some breakfast and head down to have a Turkish bath through ICR so I can see the girls and also book the boat trip for Sunday. Think it might be a good idea to get the walk into down done before it gets too hot as I think it might be slightly warm today!
Sami

Postby Sami » 19 Jul 2013 12:31

Turkish bath was fantastic, apart from having sit through the hard sell, it was brilliant nonetheless. Afterwards we felt a little peckish so we headed down to Kontes Beach for some early lunch and a beer. Tuna salad was very nice. Slow walk back to the apartments and now laying in 42 degree sun catching some rays. Pool is very refreshing too. Tonight, Chef restaurant to see Josh, Hassan and the lads. Yummy.
Sami

Postby Lindam » 19 Jul 2013 15:43

Hi Sami
Where do you go for your Turkish bath and how much do they charge also do they have men or woman to do massage
Lindam
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby geordie1970 » 19 Jul 2013 22:33

Any rain Sami?? Mrs G has got a friend over there at the moment ..... Ta
geordie1970

Postby Sami » 20 Jul 2013 10:15

A small rain storm did happen but been dy and hot ever since.
Sami

Postby Sami » 20 Jul 2013 14:03

The Turkish bath was at the Mersoy Bella Vista, only £5 with ICR and that includes the oil massage. We all had men massing but I do think there are women there, you could possibly request that.

Chef restaurant last night was out of this world. I cannot say enough good things about the excellent food and service we got from all the staff. Absolutely fantastic and will be going back. Headed round to Turkish Delight to see my mate Ozzy and had a cocktail each, very nice. The guys wanted to go clubbing so went over to Ambiance. Dead to start with but soon got busy and we all had a good boogie. Mixed our drinks a fair bit last night and even the beers are expensive in the club. Woke up late this morning, skipped brekkie and headed to the beach. Beach at Kontes was full, bit disappointing but had lunch instead and wandered back to the pool. 47 degrees at last count, phew! Beer o'clock very shortly, cheers everyone and another update tomorrow.
Sami

Postby bobbysgirl » 21 Jul 2013 07:57

Just catching up with the blogs and love them. I feel as though I'm back in Icmeler. Will try to some blogs in September :)
bobbysgirl

Postby Sami » 22 Jul 2013 07:55

Since the last update just had an easy day by the pool. Decided to take it easy come the evening too as we booked a boat trip for Sunday. After a discussion about where to eat we agreed on Lovestar with a plan to book the leg of lamb at Sidiks on the way home. Lovestar was a big disappointment. Service was slow and food nothing to write on a blog about. Once again, all down to Chris trying to do everything himself. Needs to let go and delegate a little more. Popped by Sidiks to book lamb.
Sunday, boat trip. Booked through ICR, BBQ bays and only £10. Was an absolutely brilliant day. Totally relaxing and by evening ready for our lamb dinner, if a little tired. Lost a good pair of flip flops at sea but no matter, a great day for all of us.
Lamb dinner, as usual was amazing. Sidik, Eddie and all the staff are so welcoming and my friends said it was the best meal ever. Thinking of booking the Stella show tonight, thats if my friends actually arise from their room at any point today. Myself and Sandra are up, breakfast done and catching some rays. Hate to waste valuable tanning time! Update tomorrow with show info and whatever shananigans we get up to!
Sami

Advertisement

Postby bobbysgirl » 22 Jul 2013 09:37

Sami, you were certainly up with the larks and tapping out your blog which is much appreciated. Glad you enjoyed the boat trip and your lamb dinner. Our rays have disappeared today and we have a sea fret ug! Looking forward to tomorrow's update :D :D
bobbysgirl

Postby Sami » 23 Jul 2013 06:35

My friends popped down to the ICR office yesterday to find out if the stella show was on, not on Monday so we've booked for tonight, Tuesday instead. We all agreed we'd go back to Chef to eat last night. Again the food and service was stunning. Wine with the meal too was top notch, yes it is a little more than some other places but you get what you pay for. After dinner we wandered around a bit before deciding on Asyima for a drink and a hit on the shisha pipe. This was a new experience for me but I have to say, really good fun. Mint & lemon fruit tobacco we chose and it was really good. Made me feel a bit light headed but I would do it again.
Back to the room for a restless nights sleep and up at early o'clock this morning. Oh well, no wasting time for us, egg on toast and a cold diet coke later and we are on our sunbeds to catch the gorgeous rays again. Gotta make the most of this now as off home tomorrow night. Having such a lovely time, think I will come back again before the end of the season. Might have to celebrate my birthday in style!
Sami

Postby shelly » 23 Jul 2013 10:04

Thanks again Sami for the blogging , A month and a couple of days to go for us yet, rain rain rain here at the moment still warm though, sounds like your having a great time food and wine .. yum .
Ps dont be dragging on that shisha pipe too much :D :lol:
shelly

Postby Mandy Mo » 23 Jul 2013 14:22

Sami I think your blogs are amazing. We haven't been since 2010 so a visit to our delightful Icmeler is well overdue!!!!! :cry: Roll on 6th September I say. :D I personally won't be able to blog whilst out there because I don't do phone technology!!! But will try and put something on here of our experience during our time there when we get back. P.S. Still no rain for us here in Anglesey - just lovely sunshine yet again. :P Enjoy the remainder of your stay - and thanks once again for the regular updates. xx
Mandy Mo

Postby Sami » 23 Jul 2013 15:03

Its pimms o'clock and going with a very refreshing vodka & fanta lemon, oh very nice too. We are doing the Stella show tonight but not sure where to eat. We've been so spoilt with our meals this holiday at Chef and Sidiks. Had salmon at chef last night was absolutely superb! Will update you all with the show details. Ciao for now.
Sami

Advertisement

Postby bobbysgirl » 23 Jul 2013 21:18

Another good blog Sami - hope you enjoy your birthday but don't be hung over!! :D :D
bobbysgirl

Postby Sami » 24 Jul 2013 06:04

The Stella show was brilliant. Stopped at the Station, fast food place on the way for a chicken wrap which was really nice and very cheap. Just made it down for the show, had a good table and could see the stage well. The show was really very good and funny. The outfits are stunning too. Hob Nobs on the way back for a boogie and home before sun up! Good morning everyone. Lol.
Sami

Postby dodge » 24 Jul 2013 06:31

Hi Sami
Just wanted to thank you for the daily blogs you have been doing it really does get you excited and want to be there we come to Icmeler a week Sunday and cant wait, sounds as though you have had a brilliant time but hey who wouldn't.
Safe journey home & thanks again.

Cheers Dodge :lol: :lol:
dodge

Postby Sami » 24 Jul 2013 19:43

So after a lazy day by the pool, we decided to get packed and wander down to the prom. Took some pictures and after a small discussion on what everyone wanted to eat we went into Coco Beach. Pizza was lovely and icecream on the way back, finished off the meal nicely. Now back the apartments to have one last drink before we get picked up for Dalaman. Its been a wonderful week and we've really enjoyed ourselves. I think I will be back in October. Just gotta get home and savee some more money. Hope you've enjoyed my updates and load the pics soon.
Sami

• Advertisement

Next

Return to Blogs by Real Holidaymakers