sami's blog for holiday no.1

Blogs written by holidaymakers to Turkey. Please add your name and destination to your blog's subject line.

Moderator: blondie

sami's blog for holiday no.1

Postby Sami » 14 Jun 2013 09:51

Arrival: flight from Gatwick was smooth and near on on time. Once at Dalaman waited a little while for cases but not too long and made our way out to desk 21 for ICR booked private transfer. We had 3 people booked in but they only had 2 written down. I explained it may look this way but I could assure them it was for 3. Eventually we got given a taxi. We were on our way, yippee! Weather was looking rather ominous that side of the mountains but the driver assured us it would rain 10 minutes and get better. At the half way point, we stopped, sorry what? Stopping on a private straight through transfer, I don't think so mate. We did not get out the car and the driver took a 10 min stop, kind of glad he did as I think it woke him up. Enough of that, arrived at Rhodes Apartments with the greeting of an old friend from Tolga, suppose we have been coming over for years now. Efes or 3 on arrival and we headed to our room about half 5 to change for dinner.
We decided on Sidiks for dinner as my parents had not been there before. To say they loved it was an understatement. Back to Tolga's for a night cap and in bed early. Today, oh dear raining! Good start and a bit of sunbathing done. Now in the bar, what a bother! Lol update later and pics.
Sami

Advertisement

Re: sami's blog for holiday no.1

Postby JT » 14 Jun 2013 10:59

Good start to the blog Sami and make sure you do one every day :wink:

We have made a note of the stop by the driver and are looking into it but we have had lots of praise too this year about the driver pulling over to get water for the people so works both ways I suppose.

Thanks for the heads up though and we will sort it

Carry on :wink:
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby kentcabbie » 14 Jun 2013 12:56

Our driver also stopped shortly after leaving the airport complex but only for 1 minute returned and handed us an icecream each,said relax,and we did, and were at our apartments 1hr 15 min later.Rog.
kentcabbie

Postby Sami » 15 Jun 2013 12:28

Thanks for taking that on board JT, the guy did get us water which was a nice touch but as we' d been travelling since half 3 we just wanted to get there. Anyway so here is today's update; yesterday consisted of rain so after sitting for a while in the bar, had another small bout of sunbathing which soon turned to cloud bathing so Mother and I decided it was lunch time. A very nice Greek salad later and we were then able to continue sunbathing, hmmm lovely.
On checking with the parents as to where they wished to eat, it was a definite on Sidik's again so that was decision made. I alked down into town to try and book my parents table at Bonjour, unfortunately no one was around to talk to. Its their wedding anniversary today of 29 years so wanted to make it special.
Woke up to gorgeous sunshine, and warm too at half 7. On speaking with the rents they now love Sidik's and want to eat there now, oh well good job I never booked Bonjour then along with the other little surprise I have for them.
So, popped in to see Eddie at Sidik's this afternoon, a free beer and a chat later and all is sorted for tonight. Sitting now waiting for my change of room but cider in hand, I'm happy. Will try pics soon, if not they'll be on my facebook page! Lol.
Sami

Postby Sami » 16 Jun 2013 05:56

Sidik's yet again was a success and the parents loved the pink champagne. I'd managed to hide it from them and completely lie about who it was for to be able to let them have it last night. Even managed to get my siblings to chip in and pay for dinner too. Back to Tolga's for calypso coffee's for them. Red wine for me, beddie byes in my own room.
Another hot one today I think so gonna go for the healthy turkish breakfast, yum!
Sami

Postby Sami » 16 Jun 2013 06:43

Well, Turkish breakfast going down nicely. The sun coming out nicely too. Going to eat at the chef restaurant this evening, this will be a new one for my parents but I am sure they will love. Played hunt Dad's vest top this morning as he seems to have lost it. Hunted high and low for it but knowing Dad its probably in the safe! Sure it will turn up? Right, sunbathing it is then. Think I'll be going on the boat trip once mum and dad go home. I can top up my tan before I go.
After a good while searching and some CSI type investigation, Mum & Dad had deliberated that the vest top had to be in with the bed linen when my sofa bed had been put away. Tolga spoke to the cleaner and low & behold, there it was. A very happy Dad.
Last edited by Sami on 28 Jun 2013 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
Sami

Advertisement

Postby Sami » 17 Jun 2013 06:44

Chef restaurant last night was fantastic. Turned out that Josh from Bonjour is working there now so it was really good to catch up with him. The food was excellent and with 2 bottles of wine only came to about £60 which is very good for 3 people. The plan then was to pop into Ida to see Zaza but I could not see him, so we trundled on back, but not before creeping up on Ozzy to say HELLO! He was really pleased to see us and my parents to see him as its been nearly 3 years. Back to apartments for last drinks before bed, later than normal but who cares when you've no work the next day.
Monday morning and feeling fresh, the tan is coming along nicely now. Srambled eggs on toast, my kindle now charged, I can get on with day, what am I doing...... Nothing of course!
Sami

Postby Sami » 18 Jun 2013 06:41

Yesterday seemed to be longer or is it just me? Did nothing all day, decided to eat at chef again as it was so good, plus dad wanted to buy himself a watch. Took a very warm stroll into town, wow is it warm! 38 in the shade during the day. Dad got the watch he wanted and off we went to chef. Food and service excellent once again. Gonna be a warm one again today I feel, healthy brekkie again for me and chillax by the pool. Going to book the leg of lamb at Sidik's later, yummy!
Sami

Postby Sami » 19 Jun 2013 06:23

Another lazy day by the pool yesterday and it turned out very hot. 38 in the shade at one point. Didn't bother with lunch today though the Greek and tuna salads are very good here at the apartments. As we are such creatures of habit we decided on Sidiks again so that we could arrange our lamb dinner for tonight. So we did. Sidiks was very busy and full at one stage. Starter of meze, garlic mushrooms and lovely fresh bread. Followed by chicken steaks for mum & dad, turkish casserole for me, plenty of efes and some red wine still only came to £48 which is great value as always. Not a very good nights sleep but up and out by half 8, hot already! On reading through my blog so far I've realised how boring we've been this week. Lol. But relaxed it has been and will do a boat trip on Friday once mum and dad have gone, something different for me to report on. Poached egg on toast ordered, I'm ready for another day! Of nothing. Oh you never know I might pursuade them to venture out for a beer at the beach.....
Sami

Postby juju » 19 Jun 2013 07:56

Hi Sami and thanks for doing your blog!Sounds like just what I need but have to wait til last two week in September. Makes me feel a lot better and I am not too brilliant at the moment. Look forward to reading every day :D Julie x
juju

Postby Caltonian » 19 Jun 2013 18:21

Excellent blog so far Sami. We missed out on Sidiks last year so it's a definite must-do this September. We have 18 nights to try it out :mrgreen:
Caltonian

Advertisement

Postby Sami » 20 Jun 2013 06:40

Had ordered the leg of lamb at Sidiks for last night. It was goooood! Plenty for 3 of us but I think could've done 4 people. Managed it all though between us all felt almightily stuffed afterwards. A couple of very smooth red wines later and dinner gone down sufficiently we trundled back to the apartments. Calypso coffee's for Mum and Dad, vodka & cherry for me. Sat having a lovely chat with some other residents and after 2 more drinks decided I'd had enough.
Its now Mum & Dad's last day, breakfast eaten and they've got packed quickly, moved their stuff to my room which is handy with a half 4 pick up. Will relax in the sun again today until they go, then I think I might pop down and book my boat trip for Friday, can't wait for a day on the sea with a few dips and lovely lunch.
Saw Ozzy again yesterday as he popped in to let me know where he is working. He has moved to Turkish Delight restaurant, I knew he couldn't stay out the restaurant game! I shall pop in there tonight to see how he's getting on. I now have 3 evenings to do as I please.
Sami

Postby ScouseFitz » 20 Jun 2013 10:14

Enjoying the blog, Sami. Good stuff. How are the apartments? I know you've stayed there before, but it'll be our first time there next month. Hope they're ready for us, and have got plenty of Efes in!! Cheers
Paul.
ScouseFitz

Postby Sami » 20 Jun 2013 17:42

Hi Scouse, good to hear from you. Apartments are really good as usual. Honestly they are one of the best places to stay in Icmeler.
Packed the parents off at half 4 this afternoon and popped down to see the girls at ICR to book my boat trip. Got the bbq bays as the boat is smaller so not so many people. Wonderful. Can't wait, get picked up at 9 and dropped back at the harbour later on, great excuse for a beer stop on the way home. Lol.
So a few vodka cherry inside me now and gonna head into town to find Ozzy. Go on from there. Update tomorrow along with boat trip report.
Sami

Postby Sami » 21 Jun 2013 16:20

Well, last night turned out to be very eventful but rather a lot of alcohol consumed too. My plan of action was to find Ozzy, have a couple there and head off to eat. Hmm well that didn't exactly happen. Found Ozzy no problem, Turkish Delight was pretty busy so good feel in there. Had a couple of black russians and asked Ozzy if Zaza still at Ida, he said he was. I proceeded to head there and had a couple more vodka cherries, oops, feeling a little tipsy now and end up joining in with the awful cha cha slide. I still know the moves, lol.
After chatting and sipping drinks I popped round to Chef restaurant to see about eating, oh! Its past midnight and they're closed. Another oops! On route I'd seen Jerry from Bonjour, invited me to Marmaris. I went along, oh dear me. Great night actually but did I feel rough today? A little, yes.
Anyway, still arose early, ate breakfast and headed down to the harbour for my ICR boat trip. Nice guy picked me up and took me down there. Got on board and headed for the top deck. Got myself comfy and waited for the others to arrive. Hardly anyone on board but what a lovely bunch they were and the staff could not do enough for you. Gorgeous day out and really really enjoyed it. Have taken photos but need to upload them some how but may have cracked it. Booked a table for one at Chef this evening and I have a hankering for calamari. Yum.
Sami

Postby icemeler5 » 21 Jun 2013 16:57

Thanks for taking the time out to do your blog each day, really look forward to reading them. Make sure you get to the chef a touch earlier tonight. :lol: :lol:
icemeler5

Advertisement

Postby shelly » 21 Jun 2013 19:47

Great blogging Sam :D really enjoying reading them
Thanks for taking time out of your holiday for us :D :D
shelly

Postby Sami » 22 Jun 2013 08:59

I'm enjoying writing them. Chef restaurant was fantastic last night. Had a giant prawn to start with and grilled salmon along with 2 large red wines, was really lovely and for £24 you can't complain either. Wandered back and contemplated a few more drinks, decided against them and had an early night instead.
Lazy day by the pool today and Sidiks later for me. Feeling another Greek salad coming on though, right diet coke please Tolga.... Update later.
Sami

Postby Sami » 22 Jun 2013 13:25

Phew, its really hot today. About 40 in the shade. Think I need an
Efes now!
Sami

Postby wishingwell » 22 Jun 2013 17:20

Great blog. Very well written. Thanks :D
wishingwell

• Advertisement

Next