Sami's last visit of the year. . .

Blogs written by holidaymakers to Turkey. Please add your name and destination to your blog's subject line.

Moderator: blondie

Sami's last visit of the year. . .

Postby Sami » 24 Sep 2012 12:58

Saturday 22nd finally arrived and after a smooth flight from gatwick, we arrived at dalaman airport around 1 am. Icmeler online transfer waiting for us and as we were the only pick up we were instantly on our way. We arrived at Rhodes apartments without a hitch and met by the owner who showed us up to the room. Perfect. Few hours sleep and up at 9 to the sound of cockerels crowing. A spot of Turkish breakfast in the restaurant and then a lay by the pool. As my guests have not been to icmeler before we went for a wander before dinner. We had decided on bonjour as steak was in order. Mmmm lovely. Excellent as usual. day 2, Monday. Up again at 9 and a bit of the same today. Laid by the pool all day. 33 in the shade so definitely too hot to do much. Wandered into town to book a boat trip so popped into the icr office to see the girls. All booked for Wednesday and looking forward to that. A lovely lazy day on the sea to come with a visit to turunc incl. So now sitting with an ice cold cider and contemplating where to eat tonight, hmmm decisions decisions! Fancy a curry so the sizzler might get a visit. Update in a day or 2.
Sami

Advertisement

Re: Sami's last visit of the year. . .

Postby juju » 24 Sep 2012 18:48

Sounds lovely Sami!Hope you go to the Sizzler and give them my best wishes.You will be upset to know it has been raining torrentially in the south yesterday and most of today and started last night in the north and is pretty awful up there.In all honesty if I was not so tight and saving for holidays,I would put the heating on! Its cold!Have a great time and thanks for taking the time and trouble to record it for us! :D
juju

Postby Sami » 25 Sep 2012 13:29

decided that the sizzler was the place for us last night. We had poppadoms to start with. A prawn tikka masala for me, chicken korma for the bro and a tandoori mixed grill for bro's bird. Very much enjoyed by all and not bad on price either. On to go and see za za at Havana/blue rainbow. Plenty of vodka cherry later and had such a laugh. The guys made me try on the police woman's outfit for the fancy dress tonight too. Omg. At midnight it dawned on me that i should have been paid so headed off to the nearest atm only to find that i couldn't withdraw any cash. Panick now setting in and so my mission today was to find out why. Natwest are useless! Before i came away i told them i would need to use my card but this info obviously has been put away in file bloody 13 because i had the fraud team onto me today because of activity on my account which means no funds! Hopefully sorted out now. On the way into town last night i hear a hello young lady. I turn around to see my buddy ozzy. I've not seen him in so long and it was so good to see him so that's where we're headed to eat tonight. Never been before and can't tell you the name but I'll have an update for you tomorrow after the wonderful boat trip.
Sami

Postby Sami » 27 Sep 2012 11:21

had an icr boat trip booked yesterday though not an all inclusive one which was a pity but still a lovely lazy day on the water. Left the harbour at around 10 and headed round to the first bay. Weather was glorious all day and lunch was lovely too. The sea was very cold but seriously refreshing and everyone enjoyed a dip in each of the stops made. We arrived home at around 5 and headed back to the apartment to get freshened up and make the ever so hard decision of where to eat. After having such a lovely meal at Eges restaurant which is where Ozzy is now working we decided we'd go there again. Went for steak this time which was lovely and shared some starters of onion rings and garlic mushrooms not long after stuffing our faces with some lovely bread and meze. Yum Yum. Onto a night in Havana bar though it was very quiet as i assume people have gone home we got to see 2 different robot shows. Now though I've seen them all so many times they were actually very good. Ok so the 'kids' were tired and headed to bed early. Lightweights! I rolled in at 4.30 this morning and I'm not feeling half bad. May need a cider to get back on par. Lol. Hmmm where to eat tonight. . . .life is full of difficult decisions lol.
Sami

Postby Sami » 28 Sep 2012 05:53

we decided to eat at sidik's family restaurant last night which was definitely a good call. Very quiet but excellent food and service as usual. Lamb casserole went down very nicely. Back to the apartments so the 'kids' could play pool. I meanwhile had a couple a glasses of red wine, very nice too. Had an early night which was probably called for but felt like a waste. Possibly a visit to marmaris tonight, hmmm not sure because i don't much like it there but maybe a nice meal by the harbour will be good. Then back for a few drinks in Havana me thinks, gotta get my Emre fix!
Sami

Postby Sami » 28 Sep 2012 06:55

btw the kids i refer to are my brother and his girlfriend. They're not children at all just bantering! They've not been to marmaris before so its all new for them. I suppose that's the difference when you've seen it all before.
Sami

Advertisement

Postby mark » 28 Sep 2012 08:32

Hi Sami.Could you ask Tolga to make sure the Efes is cold for tonight please. :D :D :D :D :D
mark

Postby Sami » 28 Sep 2012 10:06

what time do you get here mate? I can assure you the Efes is cold coz I'm drinking one right now!
Sami

Re: Sami's last visit of this year. . .

Postby stevew » 28 Sep 2012 10:22

Hi Sami,
If you're going to Marmaris marina, try the " Jan De Wit " Resturaunt, its round the corner of the Marina, opposite the " Fishermen with Nets and catch" statue. We had an excellent meal there at a very reasonable price, and Efes was 5lira, service was good. Take a camera just to photograph the power yachts, that are all lit up from below water level...........Worth a lot of money... :mrgreen:
Also dont forget the Dancing Fountains either.....
Enjoy Steve
stevew

Postby JT » 28 Sep 2012 14:15

Deniz restaurant next door to Natalies steak house in the marina for the best calamari in the region
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby Sami » 29 Sep 2012 06:41

got the dolmus into marmaris last night. I'd warned my brother and gf about the hassle but my god. It was bad! We walked along the harbour looking at some of the gorgeous boats and while doing that deciding on where to eat. Of course all of them telling me their chef is the best. Eventually chose zest as I'm heard a good review. Had a drink and looked at the menu. Can't say it sounded that wonderful to be honest and after having a good look through we decided against it. Drank up and promptly left. We got the dolmus back to icmeler and went to chef restaurant round by love boat. It was a really good choice and reasonable too. Headed over to Havana bar and had a good laugh in there. Rolled in early hours of this morning and feel surprisingly well this morning. Ultra muggy today and i am sweating out all of last nights alcohol! A dip may be needed and out of our room by 12. Oh well, have enjoyed my week though its a pity it has come to an end so quick. Pick up at 6 tonight and on our way.
Sami

Advertisement

Postby Sami » 29 Sep 2012 13:19

now sat in the bar at Rhodes apartments after popping into town to eat something and say our goodbye's. Ate at Eges and had a chicken wrap which was gorgeous. Really good value too. Diet coke went down a treat. Popped to Havana to say bye to the lads. Totally miss them already and i wish i was staying for another week, oh well roll on may 18th. :)
Sami

• Advertisement

Return to Blogs by Real Holidaymakers