CHATEAU DE VILLE

Feedback from holidaymakers on holiday related experiences

Moderator: blondie

CHATEAU DE VILLE

Postby JT » 06 Sep 2011 13:44

We had a marvellous time!

We also enjoyed a very nice meal at the Tandori Sizzler and we loved the comp cocktail - thank you ICR!!

The hotel was lovely although the bathroom didn't smell good at all and the AC dripped water - only minor bits but it was the honeymoon suite - would have been nicer if those things did not happen.

We will come again def.

Regards
Lavinia Kartel
JT
Admin
Admin

Advertisement

Re: CHATEAU DE VILLE

Postby JT » 06 Sep 2011 16:45

I'm not a first time visitor to Icmeler so have high expectations of service and customer interaction in this great resort where, This hotel proved very disappointing and to such and extent I had to move out mid way through my two weeks to a more suitable hotel.

The Chateau De Ville has some nice features, but is very basic, the bar is right on the main road, is very expensive compared to others and has very annoying conflicting sounds from the Apollo Bar next door (great bar by the way) and the Huge All inclusive Munamar Beach hotel right across the road.

There are some reasonable sized rooms, and some very small rooms, if your stuck in the wrong room it can be frustrating.

Our room was too small and very uncomfortable, with noisy doors banging and chairs moving (meant for a very uncomfortable nights sleep).

For me this hotel could not meet any of my basic holiday needs, Hot running Water (had one hot shower in a week), Flexibility, Good Customer Service, Good Wifi / Working space, Value for money, Security and comfort.
It failed on all accounts.

I will not return

Review submitted by Tony Gannon, Sun Jul 31, 2011
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby JT » 06 Sep 2011 16:47

This small hotel is ideal in many ways,the location cannot be faulted being situated straight across the road from the promenade,giving you a mere stroll to the many bars and restaurants.

At first glance on arrival we thought our room was quite small as we were given one of the top floor attic type rooms,but this turned out to be perfect,not having anybody above you has its advantages and the views over Icmeler bay were stunning.

Couple of minor issues I would mention,some of the patio doors [including ours] will not lock and the staff are not keen on guests bringing in food or drink [even water!]although the rooms have very good fridges included,they never actually said buy your stuff from us and it would be ok,which was quite strange!

The air con was very good [for Turkey]we could get our room down to 16 degree's when it was required!

This was our 3rd time in this area and I would definately use this hotel again,yes they are a wee bit dearer for drinks and the ocassional lunch,but the food and drink were of a very good standard.

Lovely hotel, handy for everything you would want to do on this type of holiday I recommend the C-D-V.
Review submitted by Johnny McMillan, Tue Aug 02, 2011
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby JT » 06 Sep 2011 16:48

Difficult to know how to rate this place.

We had a back room, so pretty small and very little storage space.

Bathroom needs update.

Pools looked fine but we use the beach although only used theirs twice as were constantly hassled and ripped off by the boy running the beach,so took our money further up the beach.

Didn't find the staff friendly or helpful apart from the tall skinny guy Ali who did the breakfast who was exceptional for the hotel although normally in Icmeler we have found the front of house staff to be excellent.

The bar is pretty much empty every evening but they make no effort to encourage you to stay there so we used the Apollon next door which was very good.

Good location and if you are lucky enough to get a front room it must be nice but their customer service is not brilliant at all.

Review submitted by Julie and Tony, Sat Sep 03, 2011
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby JT » 06 Sep 2011 16:53

Arrived at CDV and was greeted by the long curly haired manager, friendly enough.

We managed to get 2 seaview rooms and 1 rear of hotel which was slightly disapointing, rooms 105, 205 and 407.

Initial thoughts were it was a complete dump but once you get used to the size of the rooms they are fine but in my opinion, in much need of modernisation.

In our room (205) the door stop, toilet seat, shower holder, patio door latch and light socket were all broken but we lived with it and they did replace the toilet seat a few days in without us asking.

I have seen quite a few comments on the forum about people wanting sea views,believe me, after a few days you will wish you were at the back!

The noise from the Munamar opposite is deafening, especially on a thursday when it is eurotrash disco night.

The dolmuses travel all hours and it seems every one of them has to bib their horn at least 50 times as they go by!

The lads who run the bar and restaurant are lovely but they do not appear friendly when you first meet them, you work on them and they are fine.

The pool is small and was packed everyday by the same people, all running down about 0715 to put the towels out.

The breakfast is 'ok' but is just bread, olived, cucumber, dried up cheese, some ham type meat, and eggs, some mornings they did scramble eggs but it was just a block of egg, which was like a giant egg custard tart. Coffee, tea, juice etc all fine and stale cornflakes and strange little balls type cerial for the brave.

The walls are very thin in the hotel and the constant slam, slam, slam of the self shutting doors drove you mad.

Im so glad its going to be adults only as the kids up and down in the lift drive you crazy.

Mostly english when we were there but a few germans towards the end, who were as arrogant as the days were hot one even stirring some spilled egg into the jam which was nice...all in all i would not stay there again.

Erik
JT
Admin
Admin

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Feedbacks