**** NON ICMELER CHAT THREAD.****

For all you holiday chat and to keep in touch with each other.
GOSSIP or slating of bars or workers in them is strictly forbidden
Advertising of travel agencies forbidden.
Advertising of Icmeler businesses forbidden.

Moderator: blondie

Re: **** NON ICMELER CHAT THREAD.****

Postby reesy1959 » 14 Aug 2011 15:22

Even though I knew quite a bit of Turkish, what I have written above is mostly through the links that JT and Teac sent to me. I am loving it and up to level 6.

Thats the only exciting part of my 45 minute each way to work journey, listening to Pimsleur :lol:
reesy1959

Advertisement

Postby JT » 19 Aug 2011 12:24

2 Stabbed to death in izmir.
by MichelleSmith » 19 Aug 2011 11:25 am

Just saw on the sun that two women from northern Ireland have been stabbed to death by a 17 year old Turk.

They believe the Turk to be a boyfriend of one of the two women.

Such sad news, Izmir Turkey.MichelleSmith

E-mail MichelleSmithTop
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sponsor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Stabbed to death in izmir.
by Chocoholic » 19 Aug 2011 12:13 pm

He is the boyfriend of the daughter of one of the ladies but as the sun has reported it you never know????? Very sad and a shame but very many murders happen here now in the UK, I know where I feel safer.
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby JT » 29 Aug 2011 20:48

knorr chille sauce
by kez&sue » 29 Aug 2011 07:07 pm

hi all i know this is a strange request but does anyone know where i can get the really small bottles of knorr chile sauce that all the places in icmeler give you when ordering the delicious chicken wraps we have tried tansas and back home at asda morrsons etc any info would be gratefully recievedkez&sue

E-mail kez&sueTop

Sponsor

Edit postDelete postReport this postWarn userInformationReply with quoteRe: knorr chille sauce
by swc24 » 29 Aug 2011 08:42 pm

Hi have you tried the knorr website you may be able to order direct from there.
This year I took a visit to the wholesale markets which are in the centre of Marmaris there was one wholsale stall that sold all types of sauces if your going back this year it may be worth having a visit. from what I remember the market is behind the main Tansas in the back streets in a very old building I am sure you will be able to get directions just ask for the fish and meat market.

Hope this helps

Steve
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby JT » 30 Aug 2011 19:41

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderator: Rami Off Work

Post a reply First unread post • 5 posts • Page 1 of 1 Edit postDelete postReport this postWarn userInformationReply with quote2012
by jayjay1950 » 29 Aug 2011 06:49 pm

After being home for just a couple of hours OH decided to book to go back to Icmeler again for 3 weeks next year, was not going to go next year due to us going to Australia jan/feb of 2013 but i am not complaining Roll on 17th August 2012jayjay1950

E-mail jayjay1950MSNM/WLMYIMTop

Sponsor

Edit postDelete postReport this postWarn userInformationReply with quoteRe: 2012
by norfolksantoman » 30 Aug 2011 10:50 am

May be in Icmeler the same time as yourself. You can't beat Australia, I was there for 12 months 1991-92 you'll have a ball. What part are you going to - WA was my favorite!norfolksantoman

E-mail norfolksantomanTop

Edit postDelete postReport this postWarn userInformationReply with quoteRe: 2012
by Jozzyd » 30 Aug 2011 12:12 pm

We have booked our accommodation for next year, we are just waiting for the flights to be released now. 4th August for 3 weeks Jozzyd

E-mail JozzydTop
by jayjay1950 » 30 Aug 2011 05:52 pm

norfolksantoman wrote:
May be in Icmeler the same time as yourself. You can't beat Australia, I was there for 12 months 1991-92 you'll have a ball. What part are you going to - WA was my favorite!
We are going to Melbourne,thats where my sister and her family livesjayjay1950

E-mail jayjay1950MSNM/WLMYIMTop

by norfolksantoman » 30 Aug 2011 06:28 pm

I only stayed in Melbourne for about 3 weeks. Thhought it was a good place but managed to set myself up with a few months work in the Blue Mountains just North of Sydney so had to leave quick. Have you been out there before?
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby Jozzyd » 30 Aug 2011 19:54

Hmmmmmm my post was definitely Icmeler :shock: :shock:
Jozzyd

Postby blondie » 31 Aug 2011 10:53

Well, on a different note entirely, my son was at Edinburgh Castle yesterday to take his oath of allegiance before joining the army as a junior soldier. He leaves a week on Sunday for army foundation college in Harrogate, and then the day after that, his dad and I are off to Alanya for a week (couldn't get booked for Icmeler for the dates we needed!)
blondie

Advertisement

Postby jayjay1950 » 31 Aug 2011 14:13

Never been to that part of OZ norfolksantoman,only Melbourne.Saw a bit of Lakes Entrance area and the Grampians while i was there as well
jayjay1950

Postby Jozzyd » 31 Aug 2011 21:05

No problem norfolk xx :D
Jozzyd

Postby blondie » 02 Sep 2011 09:57

He's only 16, so he'll be going to army foundation college at Harrogate to begin with, then he hopes to join 1Scots, part of the Royal Regiment of Scotland.
blondie

Postby JT » 02 Sep 2011 12:16

JT
Admin
Admin

Postby reesy1959 » 02 Sep 2011 19:51

The baby pool is more than enough for me :D
reesy1959

Advertisement

Postby blondie » 04 Sep 2011 12:26

Thanks - he's always been pretty fit anyway, but he's really stepped up his fitness since embarking on the recruitment process, so I've not really got any worries on that score. He knows it won't be easy, but his cousin recently joined the Scots Guard so has been through it all too, and has given him a lot of good advice. Fingers crossed it all goes well for him, as it's what he really wants to do.
blondie

Postby jayjay1950 » 08 Sep 2011 12:51

JT wrote:Anyone fancy playing on the water

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... hFAeNdiEiA

Is this something new to book for through ICR John :?: :lol: :lol:
jayjay1950

Postby JT » 10 Sep 2011 00:16

Re: Hurricane Katia
by reesy1959 » 09 Sep 2011 08:14 pm

dragon wrote:
Hope no-one is flying out on monday if the weather forecast is correct. The hurricane has changed direction and is heading straight for us and there are no land masses on the way to slow it down. Just hope that it changes direction again before then as warnings have already been issued for Scotland, Northern England, Wales, Northern Ireland and some parts of the South West.

Looks like a day at home with the heating on, just watching all the stupid Xmas adverts - bah humbug reesy1959

E-mail reesy1959Top

Edit postDelete postReport this postWarn userInformationReply with quoteRe: Hurricane Katia
by blondie » 09 Sep 2011 08:39 pm

I am blondie

E-mail blondieTop

Edit postDelete postReport this postWarn userInformationReply with quoteRe: Hurricane Katia
by reesy1959 » 09 Sep 2011 08:54 pm

Hope you have a smooth flight Blondie reesy1959

E-mail reesy1959Top

by sunlover loch lomond » 09 Sep 2011 09:38 pm

Fingers crossed Blondie that it does not reach us and you go on to have a great holiday.sunlover loch lomond

E-mail sunlover loch lomondTop

by jack » 09 Sep 2011 10:12 pm

log burner lit again then ? due to fly 07.15 tue morning
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby Sami » 21 Mar 2012 16:09

A totally non icmeler thread but ultimately it will be for Icmeler. Anyone trying to diet for their hols this year? I have gone back to weight watchers to try and shift a few pounds. Started a military work out and hoping to get down to my goal weight for May. Would be interested to hear of anyone else trying to be good and maybe swap notes.

My weight loss so far is 5 lbs.
Weight I need to lose is 13 lbs to go.

Good luck to anyone dieting right now!
Sami

Postby JT » 13 Oct 2012 10:55

What has happened to the UK

I arrived home yesterday and went into Liverpool town centre and thought there were a lot of accident claim places, people jumping on you everywhere to sign this and that, tin rattlers, people with silver sprayed sheets on them standing still on boxes, Romanian gypsies playing accordions, trunpets, men playing guitars with dogs at their feet and everyone with a sad look on their faces.

Just had a walk through my local town centre and it has turned into Royston Vasey

Every bookie in the land now has a shop there, 3 different £1 shops, buskers, charity shops, closed down shops and people asking about ppi or something.

The same grey looking people standing in the same pub doorways puffing on rollies and talking about the same stuff they have always gone on about.

I popped in for a quick Guinness, kept my head down and promptly finished up and jumped in a cab home.

It makes me feel very happy to be in Icmeler most of the year
JT
Admin
Admin

Advertisement

Postby Sami » 13 Oct 2012 13:36

JT wrote:What has happened to the UK

I arrived home yesterday and went into Liverpool town centre and thought there were a lot of accident claim places, people jumping on you everywhere to sign this and that, tin rattlers, people with silver sprayed sheets on them standing still on boxes, Romanian gypsies playing accordions, trunpets, men playing guitars with dogs at their feet and everyone with a sad look on their faces.

Just had a walk through my local town centre and it has turned into Royston Vasey

Every bookie in the land now has a shop there, 3 different £1 shops, buskers, charity shops, closed down shops and people asking about ppi or something.

The same grey looking people standing in the same pub doorways puffing on rollies and talking about the same stuff they have always gone on about.

I popped in for a quick Guinness, kept my head down and promptly finished up and jumped in a cab home.

It makes me feel very happy to be in Icmeler most of the year

Depressing eh JT. So glad I'm booked up enough with something to look forward to.
Sami

Postby kentcabbie » 13 Oct 2012 14:26

Thats why so many people have a smile on their faces when they,re in Icmeler JT....Rog.
kentcabbie

Postby sueles810 » 16 Oct 2012 03:55

Ah but you are one of the very lucky people JT, us poor beggers dont get the chance to be in Icmeler nearly enough as we would like to be :( , ah well there is always the lottery :lol:
Sue
sueles810

Postby JT » 16 Oct 2012 07:19

For some reason I dont know why but people assume because you work in Icmeler you are in bars on the beach soaking up the sun all day :cry:

Far from it, I arrived back in the UK without a tan and then get the usual comments jeez why you white you been there all year.

Because I am not in holiday I don't do the holiday kind of stuff, don't get time to really

Evenings are good if you have the energy to bother getting showered and dressed and go to a bar as you at least meet some of the people who have booked with you and see old friends

This year I missed lots of people as the days were tiring so never bothered going out in the evening
JT
Admin
Admin

• Advertisement

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chit Chat