Book recommendations for this year?

For all you holiday chat and to keep in touch with each other.
GOSSIP or slating of bars or workers in them is strictly forbidden
Advertising of travel agencies forbidden.
Advertising of Icmeler businesses forbidden.

Moderator: blondie

Book recommendations for this year?

Postby sian24 » 30 Jul 2013 13:34

Hi all,

I remember there was a similar topic last year about books that people have read on their holidays! Was just wondering if anyone had any good reads to recommend for this year?

Will be spending a glorious 17 nights in Icmeler this year and will need a couple of good books to accompany the glass of vodka & coke around the pool ;)

I don't go for another 7 weeks and 6 days (who's counting?!) so have plenty of time to go book shopping!!

Thanks in advance guys!
Sian24 x
sian24

Advertisement

Re: Book recommendations for this year?

Postby bobbysgirl » 02 Aug 2013 16:36

Waiting for the new Lesley Pearse paperback 'Forgiven' to appear. Have recently read 'In Pursuit of Happiness' by Douglas Kennedy which was excellent. I am reading Dilly Court books at the moment and enjoying them. Hope you find something that you like and enjoy your hols :D
bobbysgirl

Postby Marm » 02 Aug 2013 16:42

Have you tried Anna Jacobs books. I always buy on Kindle then have to buy the sequel! Hope you enjoy your hols. We go on 24 Sept. :D
Marm

Postby sian24 » 06 Aug 2013 10:50

Thank you both for your responses! Myself and my aunt (who is joining me on my hols!) have both read a couple of the Lesley Pearce books - they are addictive!

I just bought myself the new Linwood Barclay - Trust Your Eyes. Not sure if I'll be able to hold off on reading it for another 6 weeks and 6 days though ;)

Sian24 xx
sian24

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Chit Chat