Cigarettes

For all you holiday chat and to keep in touch with each other.
GOSSIP or slating of bars or workers in them is strictly forbidden
Advertising of travel agencies forbidden.
Advertising of Icmeler businesses forbidden.

Moderator: blondie

Cigarettes

Postby toonarmybarmy » 17 May 2013 13:13

I know people have their favourite brands but (and I know this has been said before) prices in Icmeler are just as cheap or less than duty free.

Lambert & Butler are £2 a pack (genuine government sealed) and Marlborough £3. 28

Tim
toonarmybarmy

Advertisement

Re: Cigarettes

Postby MichelleSmith » 17 May 2013 21:05

Best to buy them on the plane, the ones in the resort can be fake, also some 'legit' ones are too strong and different to the UK ones.
MichelleSmith

Postby toonarmybarmy » 18 May 2013 04:23

MichelleSmith wrote:Best to buy them on the plane, the ones in the resort can be fake, also some 'legit' ones are too strong and different to the UK ones.

Fake cigarettes can be bought in the UK, but as long as you get them from a legitimate shop and not from "under the counter" they will be OK and it's the same in Icmeler.
In 12 years I have never been sold a fake pack of cigarettes in the supermarkets nor have I met anyone who has.
toonarmybarmy

Postby toonarmybarmy » 18 May 2013 12:03

OK, so here's a question for everyone. That should help others to decide.

Have you ever been sold fake cigarettes in Icmeler and if so, how did you know and where did you buy them?

Tim
toonarmybarmy

Postby annpiggott » 18 May 2013 13:04

Never bought a decent Lambett in Icmeler, most of the cigs there burn your throat off after 2 or 3 puffs, usuall buy Marlboro lights there are ok or buy them on the plane been going now for 8 years, and most of our crowd agree buy them on the plane
annpiggott

Postby JT » 18 May 2013 15:50

You cannot buy lambert and butler in Icmeler and if you see them for sale then they are fake

The export version of them are L&B same packets just different way of naming them and that is what yiu will see in the shops
JT
Admin
Admin

Advertisement

Postby toonarmybarmy » 18 May 2013 19:45

JT wrote:You cannot buy lambert and butler in Icmeler and if you see them for sale then they are fake

The export version of them are L&B same packets just different way of naming them and that is what yiu will see in the shops

Yes John that's what I meant L&B same thing made by the same company. Like I said, in 12 years I have never been sold a fake pack of cigarettes in a proper shop in Icmeler.

You hear so many times "I heard that.... " or "Someone told me that...... " so just wanted to know if anyone could say that they had ever, experienced being sold fake cigs themselves and how they knew.

Many people come to this forum for advice and recommendations, I believe that if you give advice it should be based on your own experiences rather than hearsay.

And so endeth the sermon for today.

:mrgreen:
toonarmybarmy

Postby Fanny » 19 May 2013 12:13

I smoke Superkings at home and have never managed to buy a pack of them anywhere in Icmeler that taste the same as the ones I get in the UK - maybe it's because they are a different composition or maybe they are fake, who knows?
Given the freely availability of "genuine fake" anything, I can't see that it would be hard to "fake" a govt seal .........

With that in mind, I buy cigs on the plane and when they've gone, I go for turkish brands instead - preferably menthol
Fanny

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Chit Chat