Going it alone

For all you holiday chat and to keep in touch with each other.
GOSSIP or slating of bars or workers in them is strictly forbidden
Advertising of travel agencies forbidden.
Advertising of Icmeler businesses forbidden.

Moderator: blondie

Going it alone

Postby Sigourney91 » 27 Mar 2013 15:06

hi icmeleronline folks! :D well im managing to get back to icmeler for 10 days on the 3rd - 13th May before i leave for America in August and im extatic! but quite nervous since im going on my own and im 22 :? i am meeting up with someone when i get there but he'll be working most of the time. But icmeler is a safe place and im positive ill find som way to entertain myself while im out there .... i hope haha! :lol: im staying at the Kapmar hotel, whats it like there? anyone i have to watch out for? ..... also ive not been this early on in the season, whats the atmosphere usually like? and of course whats the weather doing? but aslong as theres sun i dont really care! :D hurry up 3rd May!!! have a lovley day everyone :)

Sigourney xx
Sigourney91
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: Going it alone

Postby molly » 28 Mar 2013 17:37

I'm sure you will have a great time. I have travelled to Icmeler on my own many times (in my youth!) and had a great time. I found that you get less bother if you are on your own - especially shopping in Marmaris! Icmeler is lovely in May and you get a lot of older folk going who tend to take you under their wing - if you don't mind that is. Even going out to restaurants or doing some trips on your own is fine. Trips are good way to meet other folk as well. Haven't stayed at the Kapmar before so can't comment on that. I'm sure the weather will be fine and it definately won't be cold but there's always a chance of rain - just jump in the pool anyway and have some fun . Hope you have a great time and hope your friend doesn't have to work too much (still early in the season so shouldn't be too busy). Have fun.
molly
New User
New User

Postby diannne123 » 08 Apr 2013 14:43

Sigourney

I had the same worry as you in the past and bought a great gadget that certainly gave me peace of mind. If you go to the Suzy Lamplugh Trust website, check out the "Howsar Quick Lock" brilliant cheap lightweight gadget that works.

I have stayed at the Kapmar alone and had no problems.

I also bought a Door Wedge Alarm which i also find useful when travelling alone, these can be found on Amazon.

Hope you have a lovely holiday

Diane
diannne123

Postby JohnJill » 10 Apr 2013 20:01

Hi Sigourney im there from 30th April to 6th may staying at Ida hotel if your stuck for something to do any night your welcome to join us just facebook me :D
Jill McArthur
JohnJill

Postby mazz » 15 Apr 2013 18:23

You'll be fine Sigourney, epsecially at the Kapmar. I have stayed there on my own several times too - all the staff are lovely, it's like being amongst family :D You'll have a fab time!
mazz

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Chit Chat