Wasps - buzz off

For all you holiday chat and to keep in touch with each other.
GOSSIP or slating of bars or workers in them is strictly forbidden
Advertising of travel agencies forbidden.
Advertising of Icmeler businesses forbidden.

Moderator: blondie

Wasps - buzz off

Postby sunseeker2011 » 19 Mar 2013 09:11

We had a bit of bother with wasps last year (not enough to spoil our holiday and a quick blast of mozzie spray soon sorted any visiting wasps).

I'm thiking of getting a 'Waspinator' as they mimic wasps nests and as wasps are territorial they will not go near it as they think it's another wasps nest (they would get attacked if it was).

Will this work in Turkey or do the wasps have different behavioral patterns (i.e. different style of nest, habits etc.)

This is the link: http://www.waspinator.co.uk/faq.html
sunseeker2011

Advertisement

Re: Wasps - buzz off

Postby sunseeker2011 » 20 Mar 2013 07:39

No one seen / used one of these before then?

I thought a good idea (if it works).
sunseeker2011

Re: Wasps - buzz off

Postby dotty » 23 Mar 2013 08:11

I think I saw one of these on either Amazon or Ebay, don't know how well they work but would imagine if they work here then they'd work in Turkey.

I was reading recently that chrysanthemum oil is a good deterrent for wasps, think you can buy it online but I haven't looked into this as yet. Seemingly you need to mix it with a carrier oil then apply to your skin. Again not sure how well it would work.

When we were on a boat trip last September there were loads of wasps, then the captain put instant coffee granules in the ashtrays and lit it, the smoke off this kept the wasps away whilst we had our buffet. It was really effective.
dotty

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Chit Chat