holiday deposits

For all you holiday chat and to keep in touch with each other.
GOSSIP or slating of bars or workers in them is strictly forbidden
Advertising of travel agencies forbidden.
Advertising of Icmeler businesses forbidden.

Moderator: blondie

holiday deposits

Postby MUSTAPHABUN » 19 Feb 2013 14:53

what has happened to cheep deposits,or even normal [ 100 quid a head ] deposits.I have just been quoted eight hundred pounds on a thousand pound holiday. Even if you manage to get a low deposit the price of the holiday went up by over three hundred pounds. :shock: :?
MUSTAPHABUN

Advertisement

Re: holiday deposits

Postby JT » 19 Feb 2013 15:36

That deposit will take into account your full payment for the flight so you are fully covered by Atol should the flight part go bust

The agent is covering theirs and of course your back
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby sunseeker2011 » 21 Feb 2013 07:59

MUSTAPHABUN wrote:what has happened to cheep deposits,or even normal [ 100 quid a head ] deposits.I have just been quoted eight hundred pounds on a thousand pound holiday. Even if you manage to get a low deposit the price of the holiday went up by over three hundred pounds. :shock: :?

Jet2 still do a £60 per person deposit.
This is what I did and I got an ATOL certificate at the time of booking.

I've just got £500 left to pay (which will be fully paid in a couple of weeks) then start saving for spends :)

Justin
sunseeker2011

Postby JT » 21 Feb 2013 08:29

Justin we have done this before and unless I am wrong then this info is a bit misleading

If you have paid just £60 deposit then you cannot have an Atol certificate for the full reimbursement of the flight money only for the money already paid

The flight portion will have nothing to do with the accommodation money paid so on the Atol receipt how much of your money is actually covered and every time you go in and pay MORE money does this certificate get updated with a new amount paid or just the original (if it shows any amount)

If it does not show an amount nor get updated then if the company goes bust, who is to say they paid the rest of your monies to Atol

I am just making up a scenario here and certainly not meaning a certain company
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby sunseeker2011 » 21 Feb 2013 09:54

John,

It states on the certificate:

You are protected from when you were given this certificate to the end of your trip.
If jet2 Holidays stops trading, the passengers named above will either:
1 complete their trip and return to the UK; or
2 receive a refund.
Your protection depends on the terms of the ATOL scheme (available at www.atol.org.uk).

Although I know what you are saying, I certainly don't want to see anyone out of pocket but just thought I'd mention cheaper initial alternatives.
sunseeker2011

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Chit Chat