Jet2 Extra Leg Room Cabin Removed

For all you holiday chat and to keep in touch with each other.
GOSSIP or slating of bars or workers in them is strictly forbidden
Advertising of travel agencies forbidden.
Advertising of Icmeler businesses forbidden.

Moderator: blondie

Jet2 Extra Leg Room Cabin Removed

Postby lostsoul » 23 Jan 2013 20:35

Just been looking on the jet2 website and it looks like Jet2 have removed the front extra leg room cabin from their aircraft. They are now standard seats.
On a different forum it states that Jet2 are standardising their fleet, with only emergency seats as extra leg room now.
lostsoul

Advertisement

Re: Jet2 Extra Leg Room Cabin Removed

Postby patsiej » 23 Jan 2013 22:52

Hi Lostsoul

This is very disconcerting to say the least.

I have booked two extra legroom seats and when I check the website the third seat on our row is a standard seat.

Do you think I will be getting a refund?

Patsiej
patsiej

Postby Fanny » 23 Jan 2013 23:22

might be an idea to email them and ask?? :wink:
Fanny

Postby Jay Trip » 24 Jan 2013 16:40

I thought all Jet 2 seats had good leg room compared to other charter airlines and was thinking of using them this year after travelling on the worst leg room plane ever last month.(TC)?
Jay Trip

Postby JenSto » 24 Jan 2013 19:42

Jaytrip, our Monarch flights last year got transferred to Jet2 (hadnt previsoulsy flown with J2) I could not believe how comfy I was during the flight. . .NO pins n needles and stretching you legs out - what a luxury without paying extra!!
Jen
JenSto

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 24 Jan 2013 19:55

I was looking at booking Jet2 yesterday and couldn't get leg room seats other than at an emergency exit, which are no use to us as my husband is disabled and therefore not allowed to book them. This information now seems to explain the reason why! I liked flying witbh Jet2 because we could be guaranteed leg room seats but seems that's no longer an option. We have tried TC and after a terrible experience wouldn't use them again. Getting to our beloved Icmeler just seems to be getting more expensive and more difficult! I feel quite depressed at the thought of not being able to get there :( .Any advice welcome.
sunlover loch lomond

Advertisement

Postby lostsoul » 24 Jan 2013 21:22

Hi patsiej, yes you should get a refund.
If you book emergency exit seats they are now priced at £20.99, the extra leg room seats were
When the flights were first released cheaper than this.
Guessing they may wait till the last Minute to offer refunds so people cannot request to change seats to the emergency exits for the original seat purchase price?
JET2 standard seats are a little thinner due to the removal of the recline mechanism; this gives a little more room.
All but 2 of their 757 fleet have this style of seat.
The removal of the extra leg room cabin allows all their 757 to now hold the same number of passengers as when a plane became grounded that did not have the extra leg room cabin and a replacement flight was sent that did have extra leg room cabin, not all passengers could fit on the flight (if it was initially a full flight).
Gutted all the same.
Jet2 have changed flight times for the worse on my flight as well from originally booked.
lostsoul

Postby sunseeker2011 » 25 Jan 2013 08:29

I have booked with Jet2 also, last year we went with TC and the flight out had very little leg room. However the flight back was one of theirs that had no recliners and there was a lot more legroom.

Hopefully my flight times will stay the same as I know some airlines are renowned for changing flight times. One of the main reasons I went with Jet2 was due to the ideal flight times (will never do night flights again like last year).

Also, just looked on the Jet2 website and exactly the same holiday has just increased by £371.78 for the 3 of us. Glad I booked when I did...
sunseeker2011

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 25 Jan 2013 15:46

I have just spoken with Jet2 staff and was advised that the extra leg room seats at the front of the cabin have not been removed from all their planes. She agreed that it looks like all the Glasgow flights only have extra leg room seats at emergency exits.
sunlover loch lomond

Postby lostsoul » 25 Jan 2013 18:16

I don’t think customer services appear to know much, I sent an email got the following response

“Good morning
Thank you for contacting Jet2holidays.
I am sorry to hear that the seats have been reconfigured in the cabin.
Unfortunately due to unforeseeable circumstances operational changes can happen.
I can confirm that you will received a reduction of £40 in total off each outstanding balance on both your bookings and a revised confirmation will be sent to you when this has been actioned.
If we can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.
Kind Regards
Georgina
Pre Travel Services Advisor”

I do not know what the unforeseeable circumstances were as it is a planned phase out over the next few months. Still the same plane reg on the route but with the new configuration.
Everyone I know who has checked their flights have seen the extra leg room cabin removed Manchester, Glasgow, Newcastle etc.
lostsoul

Postby Jay Trip » 25 Jan 2013 23:39

I have always found Thomson OK for leg room as the planes we have flown on for the last couple of years have had the new Recarro seats.
These are slimmer seats and have the magazines behind the headrest so making a bit more room for your knees.
I just though Jet2 were better than Thomson so will maybe take a chance.
Jay Trip

Advertisement

Postby madmackem » 30 Jan 2013 22:31

I must admit we love Jet 2 seats plenty of legroom and no recliners. I wish all short haul flight we non reclining, there is not much room between your face and the back off the seat in front and when the person in the seat in front reclines theirs it can feel very clostraphobic. We had this problem on an E*** J** flight last year and politely asked the person if they could put their seat back up, only to get a mouthful and to be told by the stewards that as the person had paid for the seat and it had a reclining facility then it was their right to recline. Damn inconsiderate I say. rant over .

Mads other half
madmackem

Postby sunseeker2011 » 31 Jan 2013 07:01

madmackem wrote:We had this problem on an E*** J** flight last year and politely asked the person if they could put their seat back up, only to get a mouthful and to be told by the stewards that as the person had paid for the seat and it had a reclining facility then it was their right to recline. Damn inconsiderate I say. rant over .

Especially worse if you're unlucky enough to get the seats at the very back of the plane (they don't recline) so you can't even recline your own to compensate for the person reclining in front of you.
sunseeker2011

Postby patsiej » 03 Feb 2013 09:18

I emailed Jet2 and have received a reply............

I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise that your extra leg room seats have been changed to standard seats due to an aircraft change. I do appreciate how disappointing this must have been for you and I regret any inconvenience this will cause. Please be advised I have processed a refund of £82.00 back to the payment card used to make your booking. This amount represents the difference between the extra leg room and the standard seat charge and will take up to 5 working days to clear. ............................

I wonder what will happen to passengers who are unaware of the change in seating. Will they be informed and refunded before their holiday or just get surprise when they board the plane?
patsiej

Monarch Legroom

Postby MichelleSmith » 04 Feb 2013 22:22

Hi,

My friend has a voucher which is a discount off for £75 per person. I was wondering does that discount voucher work for buying extra leg room.

It says this: "In light of this long delay, as a good will gesture we would like to offer you a £75 discount voucher per person which can be used towards a future Monarch Scheduled flight."

Does that mean it won't work for leg room discounts?

Thanks
MichelleSmith

Re: Monarch Legroom

Postby kentcabbie » 05 Feb 2013 00:14

By future flights i would assume off of total cost of flights including extras,ie seat luggage meals,but not against flights or extras already booked.
kentcabbie

Advertisement

Postby MichelleSmith » 05 Feb 2013 13:30

Thanks for getting back.

But I thought I'd do the easy way in the end and phone them. Monarch said that they do allow legroom discounts from this voucher.
MichelleSmith

Postby kentcabbie » 05 Feb 2013 23:28

Well done, at least that sorted it quickly.
kentcabbie

Postby majie » 06 Feb 2013 07:44

anyone help with an email address for jet2 flights. not very good at advertising it... just their premium rate telephone numbers.... odd that !
majie

Postby sunseeker2011 » 06 Feb 2013 13:02

majie wrote:anyone help with an email address for jet2 flights. not very good at advertising it... just their premium rate telephone numbers.... odd that !

I've emailed them a couple of times and they have been prompt with their reply so far (same day) - I used this email address: [email protected]

They also have a 'live chat' window on their website that pops up so you can 'speak' to a rep.

Just out of curiosity, what is it you want to know?

Good luck.
sunseeker2011

• Advertisement

Next

Return to Holiday Chit Chat