Turunc Cowboy !!

For all you holiday chat and to keep in touch with each other.
GOSSIP or slating of bars or workers in them is strictly forbidden
Advertising of travel agencies forbidden.
Advertising of Icmeler businesses forbidden.

Moderator: blondie

Re: Turunc Cowboy !!

Postby Lee » 17 Jul 2012 15:10

Hay friend, we in icmeler also. I'm finding the sunbed cowboys and girls on icmeler beech.
One bloke said 15 TL, a woman wanted 6 TL... I feel we are having the p**s taken too.
Lee

Advertisement

Postby sunseeker2011 » 17 Jul 2012 15:29

Lee wrote:Hay friend, we in icmeler also. I'm finding the sunbed cowboys and girls on icmeler beech.
One bloke said 15 TL, a woman wanted 6 TL... I feel we are having the p**s taken too.

Don't you normally get sunbeds for free if you buy something from them? Or at least the bits that are associated with a cafe / restaurant?
sunseeker2011

Postby Fanny » 17 Jul 2012 17:42

Great shame that these idiots spoil it for the genuine traders/beach boys etc!! We too came across the icecream ripoff merchant last year in Turunc and like you we declined!

Having been to Icmeler so many times, we know when someone's trying it on and aren't afraid to vote with our feet - TL intact. Potentially though these **ck****s are putting people off returning esp if it's their first visit - makes me so cross

And breathe ..... :oops: :lol:
Fanny

Postby sunlover » 17 Jul 2012 18:02

Was caught out by this guy 8l for a slushie wish i had dumped it in his head. Didnt have the nerve not to pay wish i had dibe the same as you maybe he would get the hint.
sunlover

Postby noodles1609 » 17 Jul 2012 18:17

Urgh! I am another victim! 4tl for a 1tl ice lolly in May! Paid it and figured Turunc was just a bit pricey! Oops :lol:
noodles1609

Postby kirky » 17 Jul 2012 20:54

all years i been going icmeler always use beach at deniz karoke bar free beds great bunch lads ,guy in turunc selling expensive lollys i will give miss like guy selling grapes on icmeler beach :evil: :evil:
kirky

Advertisement

Postby bobbysgirl » 17 Jul 2012 21:07

Re sunbeds : there are notices at either end of the canal giving a telephone number to report anyone charging over the limit for sunbeds (I believe these are council notices).
bobbysgirl

Postby Roy » 17 Jul 2012 22:07

Where we stay I often treat the turkish family's children who live opposite to an ice cream of their choice & a Magnum costs less than a pound, more than worth it to see their reaction when offered, :D :) they're shy but so polite & grateful & never expect anything. Always ask their Mum first if it's ok. Our language exchange is fun in itself but does wonders for their confidence.
Roy

Postby waynesworld » 18 Jul 2012 21:36

Nice gesture Roy.
waynesworld

Postby DarrenDilnott » 26 Jul 2012 04:49

Well done Roy. Lovely thought.
Nice to end that disturbing article on a more positive note.
:D
DarrenDilnott

Postby Sami » 19 Oct 2012 13:25

I got done by the icecream guy who is located just as you get off the boats. I wanted a slush but I asked if I could have vodka in it as it is right next to a bar. My friend wanted one too and so the man said no problem. He immediately poured them and another of my friends had a lolly. In total he wanted 35 TL. Blimey! I was like, er, no. And put it back on the side. My friend said, hey I'll pay. But he promptly asked for a discount because that is expensive, think he paid 30 TL in the end which I think is still quite steep.
Sami

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Chit Chat