online check in

For all you holiday chat and to keep in touch with each other.
GOSSIP or slating of bars or workers in them is strictly forbidden
Advertising of travel agencies forbidden.
Advertising of Icmeler businesses forbidden.

Moderator: blondie

online check in

Postby cockney boy » 14 Jul 2012 17:58

Hi again another question has anyone used this service before with tc and whats the procedure:showing passports /receiving boarding passes ets,i m not used to all this up to date malarky .Thanks. 8)
cockney boy

Advertisement

Re: online check in

Postby Eatock08 » 14 Jul 2012 18:05

I did online check in for the first time this year with Monarch! So glad I did as the queue at Manchester airport was horrendous!!

Was so easy, check in online and print your boarding pass, at the airport find the bad drop desks, give them your boarding pass, weigh your cases and you will get another boarding card.

You should be able the get the bag drop desk numbers from your airport website
Eatock08

Postby JohnJill » 14 Jul 2012 19:41

Cockney boy we used that company in April and paid for seats and online check-in, when we checked in and the link came up to print of the boarding passes no boarding passes appeared so we had to do a normal check in at the airport..........on getting on the plane and sitting in our seats the bloodly things didnt even recline apparently they were broken so moral of the story we paid £30 foe feck all :(
JohnJill

Postby Raynard » 15 Jul 2012 05:31

We have flown three times now with Jet2 and have had no problems with the on-line check-in. We even know our seat numbers for our holiday next May.

Another reason I like Jet2 is that on all the flights we have been on, none of the seats recline. Nothing worse than being on a plane and being unable to read or do a crossword because the person in front wants all the space.

Ray
Raynard

Postby noodles1609 » 15 Jul 2012 08:34

TC online check in is really straightforward, check in, print your boarding passes - don't be surprised if they take these off you and give you some new ones when you get to the airport. Walk straight past the queues to the bag drop lane, usually nobody waiting - drop your bags off (pretty much the same as when you check them in at the desk) then off you go. If your airport does fast lane security too, I'd really recommend it, Manchester is £3.50 each and you walk straight past these queues too! Then treat yourself to a lounge (have a sandwich and 2 pints and you're already in credit!) to start your holiday entirely stress free and feel like a bit of a rock star :lol:
noodles1609

Postby dps58 » 15 Jul 2012 09:15

Used on line check in june at TC Manchester and went through in 5 mins the ques at the other desks were very long and this was at 3am, when you come back at Dalaman you just que with everyone else no online check in coming back
dps58

Advertisement

Postby markthomson1 » 15 Jul 2012 10:19

I'm booked with TC to fly out next Saturday from Glasgow.The option is there to check in online only if you have paid for prebooked seats.If you have not paid for this then you must check in as normal at the airport and take your booking conformation with you.
markthomson1
New User
New User

Postby Stuholl » 15 Jul 2012 11:26

We have checked in online from Edinburgh airport with Easy jet.
Anyone done this?
First time having done this, want to be sure all is fine.
Got boarding passes printed off ok.
So do we just find the bag drop off counter and we get our destination tags for our baggage there?
Then go through security and basically that is it?
Any info would be good.
8)
Stuholl
New User
New User

Postby patsiej » 15 Jul 2012 11:36

Like Ray, we always use Jet2. always check in online, always prebook seats and the fact that seats don't recline is bliss!!
patsiej

Postby Fanny » 15 Jul 2012 13:56

Stuholl wrote:We have checked in online from Edinburgh airport with Easy jet.
Anyone done this? First time having done this, want to be sure all is fine. Got boarding passes printed off ok.
So do we just find the bag drop off counter and we get our destination tags for our baggage there?
Then go through security and basically that is it?
Any info would be good.
8)

Hi Stu, don't think they bother with destination tags anymore - I believe they were mainly for our own reassurance and ariport/flight staff use the barcode stickers as a ref point, you know, the ones they stick on the case and the ones they stick to your tickets/passport.

I flew to Belfast last month and used online checkin, great I thought, no queuing! But when I got to the security queue, it was mahoosive - took so long that I ended up going to the front or I'd have missed my flight, complete 'mare esp as I was on my own !!!! Mind you it was the small terminal [3] at Manc and they're never as staffed up as the bigger terminals [1 & 2].
Fanny

Postby Stuholl » 15 Jul 2012 15:20

Cheers for the info Fanny.
Haven't been away for 4 years and never checked in online before.
We will put our name, destination on a tag anyway, just to be sure :wink:
Yeah we will arrive with plenty time just to be sure.
Bring on the sun.
8)
Stuholl
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby patsiej » 15 Jul 2012 15:55

As Fanny says - airports just go by the barcode stickers they put on your case. The bit they stick on your passport is your receipt.

I used to put tags on the outside of the case but more often than not they came off in transit.

I think it's more important that you ensure your name and address is inside your suitcase just in case anything goes wrong and your suitcase gets lost. There are so many suitcases that go astray and airport staff can't forward them to the owner as there is no address inside the case.
patsiej

Postby cockney boy » 15 Jul 2012 16:16

Hi thanks for the replys i wont be happy if i paid for the service and didnt get it johnjill,did you put in a complaint.Good idea about putting names and addresses in the case i wouldnt have thought of that thanks for the tip.We re not sure whether to book our seats on home coming or not i might keep an eye on how the planes filling up with online booking. Last time we came home we were separated,i suppose it depends on how long it takes to arrive at the airport,dont really want to think that ahead though 8)
cockney boy

Postby Stuholl » 15 Jul 2012 17:36

Patsie thats a good tip, will do that.
I also read that on Easy jet the first call for boarding after speedy boarding is families of four with 2 kids and 1 is 5 or under.
Does anyone know about this?
Stuholl
New User
New User

Postby Fanny » 15 Jul 2012 17:50

patsiej wrote: .........I think it's more important that you ensure your name and address is inside your suitcase just in case anything goes wrong and your suitcase gets lost. There are so many suitcases that go astray and airport staff can't forward them to the owner as there is no address inside the case.

Good reminder there Patsie - and the other one I used to do when I took a camera was to take a photo of a friend's name and number from the UK, with something along the lines of "if you find this camera, we would be very grateful if you please contact the person below"
That way if you lose it and SKS finds it, they'll know who to get in touch with to return it. And alternatively, if someone shady person finds it, they won't be able to rob your house while you're away on hol :wink:
Fanny

Postby gem2710 » 17 Jul 2012 12:25

patsiej wrote:Like Ray, we always use Jet2. always check in online, always prebook seats and the fact that seats don't recline is bliss!!

thanks for into im with jet2 this sep! would you know what are the best seats to pick? im terrified of flying so wondering what part of the plane is best?
gem2710

Advertisement

Postby cockney boy » 18 Jul 2012 18:22

Hi gem im also terrified of flying and ive been told that the best seats are nearer to the wing.I have booked my seats and this is where i will be sitting anyway 8)
cockney boy

Postby njskipper » 07 Oct 2012 11:41

Regaurding.....I think it's more important that you ensure your name and address is inside your suitcase just in case anything goes wrong and your suitcase gets lost. There are so many suitcases that go astray and airport staff can't forward them to the owner as there is no address inside the case.

I will add that when you pack your cases Do not pack a his and hers case Pack them with 50 / 50 in each case as well as youraddress ano or mobile phone number in each case. This way if one case gets lost only to be found at the end of the holiday or after your return...At least you will have Shorts and shirts/// Blouses and skirts each.
Better than being in a resort for a few days with only your long warm traveling cloths to wear!
njskipper
New User
New User

Postby sunseeker2011 » 23 Jan 2013 14:51

We have little plastic tags on our cases and just write name & destination going out and home address coming back on a piece of card and insert it under the plastic tag. It's not easy taking it off so no chance of it falling out.

I also put a note inside the case with names and telephone numbers on although someone would have to break the locks to get in the cases.

Also going to use online check-in at Leeds Bradford this year with Jet2 and have pre-booked seats in row 25 - around halfway somewhere near the wing. I don't have a problem with flying but when the plane banks I sometimes feel a little queasy unless I look at the wing lol
sunseeker2011

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Chit Chat