Holiday Clothes

For all you holiday chat and to keep in touch with each other.
GOSSIP or slating of bars or workers in them is strictly forbidden
Advertising of travel agencies forbidden.
Advertising of Icmeler businesses forbidden.

Moderator: blondie

Holiday Clothes

Postby MistySunshine » 14 Jul 2012 06:51

I've been at silly o'clock to the Next sale for some last minute holiday clothes. When I got back I was rather pleased by my purchases but wondered how many outfits do you take on holiday? I know with luggage restrictions we are mindful that we could face excess charges but even 20kg is not enough for the average woman's holiday clothes!
So how many outfits do you take?
MistySunshine

Advertisement

Re: Holiday Clothes

Postby Gridders007 » 14 Jul 2012 07:16

You are lucky we only get 15kg and I tried out just the basics and was nearly over that! I tend to take a dress for every night, a different top each day, shorts and playsuits and then of course swimming costumes but you can never take too many :) :) :D :D :lol:
Gridders007

Postby MistySunshine » 14 Jul 2012 07:20

Totally agree with you, can never take too many outfits! That's why I tell the hubby he only needs a couple of pairs of shorts, t-shirts and shirts as I will need half his case too :lol:
MistySunshine

Postby Gridders007 » 14 Jul 2012 08:06

Not thought of doing that I will now! Might just nip to next lol :) :D :lol:
Gridders007

Postby debs154 » 14 Jul 2012 08:11

I'm hopeless - I still take so many outfits and don't wear half of them! I'm going for 3 weeks and have got 23kg plus 10 hand luggage - if I can't mange with that I'm in trouble!

It's all the other bits that take up the weight though - toiletries, jewellery, books etc lol!
debs154
New User
New User

Postby Chris221273 » 14 Jul 2012 09:24

Rule number 1........Don't forget there are launderettes out there!!!!
The young lad at the dilhan took our clothes to be washed, 5 of my t-shirts and about the same of Anita's and a few other bits, it all came back gleamingly clean & ironed, and cost us about £4.00!!!
Thats a lot cheaper than the per kilo over weight charges!!!
We both had 20kg's each last year.
Anita did the following, 5 pairs of shorts, and 2 tops to match each pair of shorts. Sandals & shoes that would go with each outfit.
A couple of dresses (it really is too hot for dresse,s unless they're thin strappy ones).
Hair dryer, make up, bikinis, shampoo etc etc girly stuff.
She weighed in i believe between 11 & 13 kg's.

Anita & Chris
Chris221273

Advertisement

Postby MistySunshine » 14 Jul 2012 09:27

Debs It's true about all the extras weighing quite a bit, I am always surprised when I put all the extras in just how much my case weighs! You should just manage :lol: with 33kgs.
MistySunshine

Postby MistySunshine » 14 Jul 2012 09:31

Chris I will have to come clean and admit its an excuse to go shopping and buy some more "necessary" holiday clothes :D
MistySunshine

Postby Fanny » 14 Jul 2012 10:46

debs154 wrote:I'm hopeless - I still take so many outfits and don't wear half of them! I'm going for 3 weeks and have got 23kg plus 10 hand luggage - if I can't mange with that I'm in trouble!

It's all the other bits that take up the weight though - toiletries, jewellery, books etc lol!

Couldn't agree more about the other bits debs- last year we went for 3 weeks and only had 15kg!!!! We just about managed it haha
We ended up putting shoes and electical appliances in case, and buying toiletries at Manc Airport Boots
Fanny

Postby noodles1609 » 15 Jul 2012 12:14

I took 2 litre bottles of Malibu in my luggage in May cause it was on a great offer at Sainsburys before we went - not doing that again! I ended up having to leave behind nearly a weeks worth of evening outfits! Plenty of room but the Malibu wrapped in bubble wrap weighed so much!!

OH had 10 tops for evening, 7 tops for day - he wore 1 day, 3 evening, so he's deffo only getting his hand luggage allowance in August and I'll have the 44kg for the 2 cases :lol:

I'm currently up to around 20 dresses, probably won't take them all, but if I can fit them in..... :D
noodles1609

Postby karens » 16 Jul 2012 10:58

Mmmmm a very debatable topic amongst the wifes & hubbies!!! I'm seriously reducing my clothes this year, have got 8 dresses, 2 pairs of shorts, playsuit, 3 strappy tops, bikinis & beach cover ups, but then shoes come into their own !!! how many, silver, black, white & orange sandals 2 pair of flip flops and what you travel in, I usually go in my fit flops. we have purchased the sub zero suitcases this year cos it allows you to almost use your full allowance in clothes, also we upped 2 cases to 20kg and kept the kids at 15 kgs so hopefully we will have plenty spare!!!
karens

Advertisement

Postby GG.CUT » 16 Jul 2012 13:06

Well thats me just finished packing our suicases :D We are flying with jet2 this time and get 22 kilo each , we are going for 10 days so i have 10 bikini's , 15 diffrent things to wear at night as couldnt decide what to take 10 diffrent sets for during the day, 2 pair of flip flops 5 pairs sandals 2 pairs of wedges,all this weighs less than my toiletries.4 more sleeps :D :D :D
GG.CUT
New User
New User

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Chit Chat