2012 hopefully

For all you holiday chat and to keep in touch with each other.
GOSSIP or slating of bars or workers in them is strictly forbidden
Advertising of travel agencies forbidden.
Advertising of Icmeler businesses forbidden.

Moderator: blondie

2012 hopefully

Postby beccabeep2011 » 10 Sep 2011 12:57

Hi,

We're looking to possibly go to Icmeler again next year and trying to plan how much spending money we possibly would need. It would be a family of four, we like our drinks especially cocktails and efes, possibly a couple of visit to the night clubs, eating any where we like and a couple of trips.

We did go this year but we are trying to plan it more next year as my mum came up with the idea of going Egypt all inclusive but I reckon we are better with Turkey as it'll give me and my friend more freedom.

Thanks in advance for the help
:)
beccabeep2011

Advertisement

Re: 2012 hopefully

Postby dragon » 10 Sep 2011 16:26

When planning how much spending money you need for next year, be aware that the exchange rate this year was 10%-20% higher than it usually is which can be a considerable sum for four people especially if you are self-catering. I'm not saying that the rate won't be as high next year as you never know, but based on the exchange rates that we've had in the last eight years or so the ones in 2011 have been excellent, especially since the beginning of July. I've only seen it this high during one year and that was 2006.
dragon

Postby beccabeep2011 » 10 Sep 2011 16:32

I understand that, what has it been other years you've been, as this was my first year and only seen the exchange rate for Turkey as 2.5/2.7.

It's only a roundabout figure to aim for and possibly get more as we have nearly a year to save up as I trying persuade my mum to let us go Icmeler as it gives me and my friend, both 17, a lot more freedom than if we went to Egypt.
beccabeep2011

Postby bluejoseph » 18 Jul 2012 20:11

hi
my wife and i go to icmeler every year for the past 5 years ad last year we worked out spending money at £60 a day but this year were spending £70 a day which works out at 200 lira a day which is ample
bluejoseph
New User
New User

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Chit Chat