hello

To welcome newbies to ICR and help them settle into our big ICR family, to wish Happy Birthdays, congratulate people on post counts etc

Moderator: blondie

Re: hello

Postby kentcabbie » 30 Mar 2010 00:20

Hi Oscar.. we,re going to the LETOILE in may for our 2nd visit , liked it so much the 1st .time, as stated its right on the beach and ideally situated for the town centre and canal area. rooms are nice, maids clean every day, reception friendly, food good with pleanty of snacks and drinks during the day, i,m sure your,ll love it there.
kentcabbie

Advertisement

Postby tired mum » 30 Mar 2010 09:03

hello
Its a really nice site always someone who knows the answers to your question which is handy for us 1st timers :D
tired mum

Postby oscarnorwich » 30 Mar 2010 09:27

I've been made to feel really welcome,when do you go and how many of you are going.Only me and hubby this year,it will be our first time away from 16 year old for 2 weeks,he's off to Florida for 3 weeks with his girlfriend and her parents so I doubt he'll miss us as much as we miss him.
oscarnorwich

Postby redrhino12 » 30 Mar 2010 10:06

Wellcome to the Forum T.

Gene
redrhino12

Postby MARKCAV » 30 Mar 2010 11:58

Afternoon mate - enjoy the forum. Some very nice people on here with all the info you could ever want.
MARKCAV

Postby bevd » 17 Apr 2010 17:54

Hi We too are going to the L'etoile this year, it is our first time in Icmeler. We went to Marmaris last year, our first time in Turkey, we also went to Icmeler for the day, to the market, and loved it. I don,t know if anyone could help me, and I know this may be a really silly question, but does anyone know if the pool at the L'etoile has a shallow end, as I cannot swim but do like to go into the pool! Thanks x
bevd
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby oscarnorwich » 17 Apr 2010 21:44

Hi bevd,I can't answer your question but just want to say that somebody will probably give you an answer soon,welcome to the forum,they seem a friendly bunch on here.When are you going to L'etoile? T.
oscarnorwich

Postby kentcabbie » 18 Apr 2010 02:07

Hi Oscar, we will be back at Le,toille in 5 weeks for the 2nd time, nice hotel, and you wont starve during your stay as the food is good and plenty of it, snacks through the day,so if you,re off on a morning trip and miss lunch theres always something on the go when you return, rooms good, and clean, pleasant reception, and above all on the beach and a short stroll to town centre, think you,ll love it we do ,or we wouldn,t be returning
kentcabbie

Postby oscarnorwich » 18 Apr 2010 08:20

Hi kentcabbie,can you answer a question for bevd please ,she wants to know if there is a shallow end in the swimming pool,I told her ,in the post above my last one that somebody will have the answer,thanks.Hope the airspace clears soon,it is making life difficult for lots of people.Will you post a review when you've been on holiday please? T.
oscarnorwich

Postby bevd » 18 Apr 2010 20:52

Hi Oscar, we are going to L'etoile on 2 July for two weeks. Have read some really good reviews so we are really looking forward to the holiday. The pictures look really nice too. This forum looks very friendly. Hope someone will let me know about the pool. Thanks. Bev
bevd
New User
New User

Postby kentcabbie » 19 Apr 2010 08:56

In answer to Bevd, sorry never went in the pool prefered the beach, but remember seeing adults standing in pool so assume its not too deep,hope this helps.
kentcabbie

Advertisement

Postby starchild01 » 19 Apr 2010 12:30

Hi bevd. My hubby says that yes, L'etoile swimming pool does have a shallow end. Like yourself, I am a non swimmer so I haven't been in the pool :(
starchild01

Postby bevd » 19 Apr 2010 18:55

Hi Starchild and kentcabbie, thanks for the info. I may be able to paddle my little feet after all! Can't wait for July. x
bevd
New User
New User

Postby totallymo » 19 Apr 2010 19:26

Hi Oscar. Note that you are going to L'Etoile this year. We stayed there last July and loved it although the food at the end got a bit boring and we decided to eat out quite a bit. Entertainment is not up to much and the bar closes at 11pm sharp (not a minute later).
Bevd asked about the pool.I am also not a swimmer and the pool has a shallow end. think it is about 1.5 metre. Watch out for the water volleyball which used to take place virtually every afternoon for an hour.

I have never been back to the same place for a holiday but guess what : after our first visit to Icmeler last year we are back there end of July . this time staying over the road from the hotel at the Prince Apartments. Daughter is now 13 so would have to pay adult price for her at hotel so this year going self catering.
Everyone is so friendly, weather hot, food and drink cheap. What else would you want ?
totallymo
New User
New User

Postby oscarnorwich » 19 Apr 2010 21:59

Thanks,totallymo,it's good to hear from somebody else who's been to this hotel,I think any hotels' food becomes boring after a few days,if its good you tend to eat too much and need a rest ,if its bad you get fed up of the few things you can eat.Don't think you can win really.The hotel we stayed at in Cyprus last year had really good food and we all put on weight,thats not good either,we were glad,in a way to eat ordinary food when we got home.We picked this hotel because we thought it is very reasonable and eating out in Turkey was very cheap when we went in October,so much better value for everything than Cyprus,trips are a fraction of the price,we paid £120 for a jeep safari,3 adults no lunch in Paphos,you could get similar in Marmaris,including numerous cold showers with lunch for about £10 each.Guesss why we're going back to Turkey!!!!
Do you know if there are fridges in the rooms please,I've heard different answers ,one yes and another says no,thanks again,Tina.
oscarnorwich

Postby totallymo » 20 Apr 2010 17:22

Hi Tina. No fridge in room but just a chiller ( which wasnt that cold ). Also there are no tea or coffee facilities in room. Had to sneak drinks into bedroom as this was frowned upon.
One good thing is that hotel supplies pool towels for a small deposit which is refunded at end of holiday. So every morning you get nice new towels to use.
We are only staying across the road and as we dont leave until 11th August, we could meet up.
Security is very good and if you at not staying at hotel, you will have a job to pass the guard. We may try and sneak past if only to say hello to the lovely waiters and Cem in the jewellers.
If you email me, I will send you few photos and more tips if you want.
Cant wait to go back
totallymo
New User
New User

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Previous

Return to ICR Welcome Area