Nervous first timer!

To welcome newbies to ICR and help them settle into our big ICR family, to wish Happy Birthdays, congratulate people on post counts etc

Moderator: blondie

Nervous first timer!

Postby BlondieMids » 04 Jul 2014 11:45

Hello!

I am booked to come to Icmeler on 25th September and its my first time going it alone on holiday! I do have a friend that lives and works at a bar in Icmeler (she married a local) so I have got a bit of support - but I do not want to hassle her the whole holiday therefore I am going it alone!

Is Icmeler safe and friendly for single women? I went to Tunisia a couple of months ago with friends and got absolutely hounded over there - it was a nightmare! I am by far a stunner but it was a case of anything with a pulse over there!

I would like to do some activities like horse riding and quad biking - is this something single women can do safely and has anyone done it? I'm stopping at the Verde, anyone recommend it?

And lastly I need to book a transfer to/from Dalaman - suppose it will have to be one of those shuttle bus thingies - for departure date do I put the time I want to be collected or the time of my flight? Jeeezz I'm confused!

Plus anyone going out there on 25th September for a week - would be nice to meet up?
BlondieMids
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: Nervous first timer!

Postby blondie » 04 Jul 2014 13:31

Firstly, hi and welcome to the forum to one blondie from another! I am sure you will have a great holiday - I would be quite happy about travelling to Icmeler on my own. Just make sure you take the same precautions with your personal safety that you would anywhere else and don't let your guard down just because you are on holiday.
The Verde is a very central hotel (although I've not stayed there myself), so you won't have far to walk, and I'm sure you'll soon get to know some of the other guests, etc. As far as the excursions are concerned, pop into the Icmeler Online office and have a chat with the girls - they will be able to advise you which ones are best and suggest what might be most suitable for you.
Transfers - yes, I think if you are a solo traveller, the speedy shuttle would probably be the best option for you. I think the ICR ones have a maximum of four stops, so shouldn't take too long!
Have a great time - and let us know how you get on!
blondie

• Advertisement

Return to ICR Welcome Area