Unreal Moment

To welcome newbies to ICR and help them settle into our big ICR family, to wish Happy Birthdays, congratulate people on post counts etc

Moderator: blondie

Unreal Moment

Postby Raynard » 28 Jun 2012 10:59

Last Friday morning I was walking from the old village towards the town centre with my wife when a car drew up to pavement about 20 metres in front of us. Three men got out of the car and went to the car boot and opened it.
The three men then together, picked up a large, trussed-up struggling goat, and carried it into the back garden of the house. I didn't feel that what they were doing was wrong, but it was just something I have never seen before.
Raynard

Advertisement

Re: Unreal Moment

Postby silverbeard21 » 28 Jun 2012 12:24

I think that's one of the reasons we go to different countries and continents. To see and experience different cultures. That's one of the reasons why we love Turkey - it's different.

David
silverbeard21

Postby Raynard » 28 Jun 2012 13:14

I had visions of these guys holding the goat down and cutting it's throat but it cannot be worse than what happens in our abattoirs.
Raynard

Postby JT » 28 Jun 2012 14:33

Halal I think is the word

Hung upside down from a tree and throat cut to clear all the blood from the body.

Sometimes done for births etc for a blessing but it will all be eaten
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby diamond » 28 Jun 2012 17:23

Raynard wrote:Last Friday morning I was walking from the old village towards the town centre with my wife when a car drew up to pavement about 20 metres in front of us. Three men got out of the car and went to the car boot and opened it.
The three men then together, picked up a large, trussed-up struggling goat, and carried it into the back garden of the house. I didn't feel that what they were doing was wrong, but it was just something I have never seen before.

Not something I would want to see.
diamond

Postby jnesbitt » 04 Jul 2012 22:06

Same here diamond i can only look at it on a plate or in a field ! cant think about the bit inbetween
jnesbitt

Advertisement

Postby Roy » 04 Jul 2012 23:10

When I first saw this a week ago I thought this could be anything from the goat having been sold & transported to new home, being moved for grazing or maybe mating purposes but the slaughter is less likely to be so public even although this is Turkey. If killed hopefully done humanly & may well involve the local butcher, from one of the two shops I mean!!
Roy

• Advertisement

Return to ICR Welcome Area