Fairly new here

To welcome newbies to ICR and help them settle into our big ICR family, to wish Happy Birthdays, congratulate people on post counts etc

Moderator: blondie

Fairly new here

Postby sunseeker2011 » 27 Jun 2012 10:48

I've been posting on John Toohey's pictures as he provides a link to here from the Holiday Truths forum but thought I would formally introduce myself lol.

I went to Turkey last year with my wife and stayed at Akyarlar near Turgetreis. It was our first time to Turkey and had heard good and bad comments about it and the locals.

When we got there I found that all the Turkish people we met could not be nicer (and funnier) - they were lovely people and we absolutely loved the hot weather. the hotel wasn't up to much but to be honest we didn't spend much time there, we went to Ephesus, Local Village Tour, A.I. Boat Trip, Bodrum Castle and Aqua Park and frequently went Into Turgetreis and Bodrum.

Anyway, this year my 15 year old daughter wants to come with us (she lives with my ex-wife who is petrified of flying) so we booked 11 nights in Grand Aquarium Hotel in Icmeler back in January and have been looking on here ever since. It's her first trip abroad and prior to this she'd holidayed in Withernsea and Skegness - it'll be a real culture shock I think lol.

It's almost here now - we fly on Tuesday 24th July so less than 4 weeks now and are all getting quite excited, really can't wait :)

Cheers
Justin (Lesley & Amy)
sunseeker2011

Advertisement

Re: Fairly new here

Postby JT » 27 Jun 2012 12:14

Welcome to the forum and you wont be dissapointed in the Grand as it has everything inside to keep you occupied

Tommys bar is just across the way and dolmus to town is on the corner

Maybe you could do a deal with the taxi driver always parked outside Tommys as he normally shouts to people get in here when he sees a few at the bus stop and will do the same price as bus would have cost
JT
Admin
Admin

Re: Fairly new here

Postby sunseeker2011 » 27 Jun 2012 13:52

Cheers for the taxi advice JT - a good idea!

What is Tommys bar like? I like meat as does my daughter but my wife is vegetarian but occasionally eats fish if it's not 'too fishy' < her words, not mine lol. Will there be much for her at the restaurants - she does like a nice salad. :D
sunseeker2011

• Advertisement

Return to ICR Welcome Area