First time in icmeler and turkey

To welcome newbies to ICR and help them settle into our big ICR family, to wish Happy Birthdays, congratulate people on post counts etc

Moderator: blondie

First time in icmeler and turkey

Postby weeyin » 19 Apr 2012 12:51

Hi, my partner and i are due to come to icmeler on 11th june this is our first time in turkey and would love to know wher the best places are to eat as we are going b&b.

many thanks

Elaine & john :D
weeyin

Advertisement

Re: First time in icmeler and turkey

Postby silverbeard21 » 19 Apr 2012 13:20

Hi, welcome. You won't be disappointed with your choice of holiday. There are loads of very good eateries in Icmeler infact you are spoilt for choice. A couple of my favourites are - The Tandori Sizzler, The Venice & Nefis Pide. You will find your own favourites very quickly.
I'm sure that others will be along and advise you of their favourites.

Have a great time

David
silverbeard21

Postby teac532s » 19 Apr 2012 14:12

Hi. As Silverbeard says there are loads of places and you will find your favs very quickly. Icmeler is quite easy to walk around and I suppose it depends on where you are staying , old village or main town. Lots of places in town and quite a few in the village. We are also arriving on the 11th June. Where are you staying and travelling from?
teac532s

Postby linsw » 19 Apr 2012 19:29

Hi Elaine and John, you will have a great time,we are also going on the 11th our 3rd time,last year i took a list of recomendations that i made from this forum and we did not have a bad meal, Lynn.
linsw
New User
New User

Postby Chili » 20 Apr 2012 11:33

Hi Elaine & John,

We are also visiting Icmeler for the first time this year, but we arrive 16th August. Would welcome any tips and recomendations when you get back also. I think we have picked well having read the great reviews from everyone :D

Keri x
Chili
New User
New User

Postby weeyin » 21 Apr 2012 07:57

teac532s wrote:Hi. As Silverbeard says there are loads of places and you will find your favs very quickly. Icmeler is quite easy to walk around and I suppose it depends on where you are staying , old village or main town. Lots of places in town and quite a few in the village. We are also arriving on the 11th June. Where are you staying and travelling from?

Thank you for your reply we are staying in the miray hotel which friends of ours has stayed in so we will see how things go im a bit nervous of going to turkey as we always go to cyprus but the other half wanted a change, :),so we will see we are travelling from glasgow scotland.

Thanks again

Elaine & John
weeyin

Advertisement

Postby linsw » 21 Apr 2012 11:24

Hi Elaine and John,it took me years to get my husband to go to Turkey but now he loves it,we have been to Cyprus and the Greek islands but Icmeler far surpasses them,Turkey is a beautiful country, last year friends hired a jeep from ICR and took us off the beaten track literally , the scenery is outstanding.You will have a lovely time xx Lynn
linsw
New User
New User

Postby weeyin » 21 Apr 2012 16:31

Hi, thanks for all your replys, just another wee question has anybody stayed in the miray as that is were we are staying in june.

thanks
Elaine & John
weeyin

Postby jayjay1950 » 21 Apr 2012 19:16

Welcome Chili and weeyin. We have never had a bad meal anywhere in Icmeler. There is plenty of choice of both food as well as places to eat,spoilt for choice. I am sure you will enjoy your holiday and become an Icmeler lover just like us. Looking forward to reading your review and seeing your photo's
jayjay1950

Postby LynnJenny » 26 Apr 2012 00:09

hi elaine&john welcome you are going to love icmeler i was the same first time we came but keep coming back love the people and icmeler is so pretty
LynnJenny

Postby starchild01 » 26 Apr 2012 07:34

The Chef, Bonjour, Cupids, Venice, and the Harmony Bar to name just a few. Loads more I know but these are our favourites. Enjoy your holiday :)
starchild01

Advertisement

Postby livelyjenny » 29 Apr 2012 13:12

Hi all, another newbie to Icmeler here, been to Marmaris and Bodrum before but loved the look of Icmeler, we usually go to Portugal every year, we have our own timeshare there but have decided to pass it back , the crime rate there has really got bad the last couple of years, with lots of muggings and hold ups at villas, last year my daughter hired a villa with her 2 children and they were burgled. so hopefully none of this in Icmeler, really looking forward to a holliday where you are not frightened to go out and walk about during the evening, have never seen anything on this forum with regards to crime etc, hope i have got it right .
Will be arriving September 14th for 10 nights and staying at the Faber apparments, also bringing my sister and brother in law and my 82 year old dad, we know we have to walk into the town at night and hopefully this will not be a problem like it was in Portugal , got to the point where we stayed close to our apartment at night with the fear of being mugged, so you can imagine we are a bit anxious about Icmeler , hope you can put our worries to bed for us and tell us what a fantastic time we will have.
livelyjenny

• Advertisement

Return to ICR Welcome Area