Another Newbie;

To welcome newbies to ICR and help them settle into our big ICR family, to wish Happy Birthdays, congratulate people on post counts etc

Moderator: blondie

Another Newbie;

Postby jools113 » 10 Apr 2011 23:56

Hi to everyone from Devon, have been going to icmeler now for the past 15 years or so, and absolutely love it. The first time we went (in Sept and for 2 weeks) it rained day and night for 12 of the 14 days. So of course had to go back the following year to see what it would be like without rain. Went the same 2 weeks the following Sept, the best thing we had ever done, wall to wall sunshine. And from then on have been hooked. We just love the place.
I managed to get to icmeler 2 weeks ago for a week, was very sleepy, but i've had my fix for the time being, now counting down till sept.

Jools :)
jools113
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: Another Newbie;

Postby ochlynda » 12 Apr 2011 11:33

Hi Jools and welcome to the forum.

Lynda
ochlynda

Postby blondie » 12 Apr 2011 11:47

Welcome to the forum, Jools - glad to hear you love Icmeler, rain or no rain! :)
blondie

Postby dksbbs » 12 Apr 2011 21:23

Hi and welcome, please post about your last visit a few weeks ago, what did you find had changed.

Dave
dksbbs

Postby jools113 » 12 Apr 2011 23:00

dksbbs wrote:Hi and welcome, please post about your last visit a few weeks ago, what did you find had changed.

Dave

Hi, thank you all for your welcome wishes :)
first thoughts were, what a ghost town/village! we have all heard how sleepy our beloved icmeler is, its so true. Apart from the beach front being newly paved, lighted, and finished, the roads were still being block paved, the canal and canal stall area still looked like a building site, with lots of mud and rubble. It was also fairly quiet with business's, only a few were actively beavering away getting ready for the season. As you all know Florida and Bonjour were open, Harrys steakhouse opened up on our last night, went in for a gorgeous peppered steak, Harrys has had a bit of a refit, the kitchen is now in the restaurant, so you can see your food being cooked to order.
Cafe Ann (opposite the old Elvis bar) was closed for the first few days that we were there, boo hoo, for a refit (had been closed for the past 2 months for this), this now looks lovely, they have extended out to make more indoor seating, with glass panels and doors all the way round, they still have outdoor seating though. Next door to Cafe Ann is a tatto/henna tatto shop, next door again is a gift shop (i think this shop was De Ja Vue-clothes shop originally) The roof was going onto the new dream 3 bells? (the one opposite pizza tomato or the romance palace bar). And saw lots of concrete lorries delivering there stuff!! So as i said was fairly quiet, but still nice to be there.

Didnt get as far as the old village this time, as the weather was not really on our side, but hey i was in heaven after all.

And as i stayed just around the corner from Barnie at Robin Hood, never saw her only the workmen........ Still may see her in Sept and be able to thank her personally for her photo's and updates.

Jools
jools113
New User
New User

• Advertisement

Return to ICR Welcome Area