new family going to icmeler

To welcome newbies to ICR and help them settle into our big ICR family, to wish Happy Birthdays, congratulate people on post counts etc

Moderator: blondie

new family going to icmeler

Postby dan1090 » 29 Mar 2011 10:26

hi, its the allan family here, we are going to sun village icmeler on the 27thjune with our very good friends the pye's, they were there last year and loved it so much they booked it for this year again so we decided to tag along. we are so looking forward to it, i hate flying and dont know how i will get on with the sun but i have been assured that the bar's are under shelter so i think i'll get on fine lol x so everyone thats going to sun village at the same time i look forward to meeting you all. mandy allan xx
dan1090
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: new family going to icmeler

Postby blondie » 29 Mar 2011 10:46

Hi and welcome to the forum - I'm sure you will all have a great time in Icmeler and come to love the place as much as the rest of us do! :D
I wouldn't worry too much about the sun - like you, I don't do all that well in it, but there are plenty of bars, cafes and restaurants where you can take a break in the shade, and the beach has plenty of parasols as well. Personally, I find the heat and sun in Turkey a lot easier to cope with than I have elsewhere, for some reason.
blondie

Postby jnesbitt » 29 Mar 2011 12:34

Hi welcome to the forum, i am sure you will be fine with the sun just get high factor sunscreen. The bar area is shaded and the pool is a good size, also the family who own these apartments are very friendly, and it has a laid back atmosphere. The apartments are spacious, and if you get a ground floor they are very cool maybe you could request one :D
jnesbitt

Postby Marm » 29 Mar 2011 13:41

Hello welcome to the Forum. Been coming to Icmeler for about 15 years and introduced family to the resort and they all love. Youngest grandchild learned to swim in the sea there after much persuasion from his Dad!

I don't sunbathe - it's a family laugh than Mum follows the shade. I'm sure you'll all enjoy yourselves.

Marie
Marm

Postby alan1945 » 29 Mar 2011 18:13

hi and welcome to icmeler.You will love it. My wife and I have been 26 times and still cant wait. to go. With you being new to icmeler and me a seasoned visitor you have to buy me an efes ,pay it on at the romeo and juliet bar.
have a great time . we are hoping to go in may and july.
alan1945
New User
New User

Postby sue15 » 29 Mar 2011 20:34

mandy i keep telling you you are goin to love turkey its the best holiday destination ever lol x :D :D :P :P :P
sue15

Advertisement

Postby dan1090 » 29 Mar 2011 22:49

thankyou all for the welcome chat, looking more forward to it now, and for the couple that have been 26 times if i bump into you i will defo buy u an effie's. :D :wink:
dan1090
New User
New User

Postby tannedjulie » 31 Mar 2011 22:28

hi we were a new family last year going to icmeler and we loved it that much we are going back this year we travel on the 4th july and our apartments are directly across from yours they look nice, mind it was very hot when we went last year and couldnt walk much which we usually like doing, but their was a family at our apartments the dad and kids were in the pool all the time but the mam spent all the time under a brolly was told she didnt like the sun and she was very pale so looked like she would burn, forgot to say as well friends sayed at sun village last year and they said they loved it
tannedjulie

Postby dksbbs » 04 Apr 2011 17:54

Welcome to the forum.

There are two sets of apartments with similar name and has me confused in the past, I think Julie was referring to the Club Sun Village

Info for the Club Sun Village is at http://www.icmeleronline.com/apart.php?no=134

Info for the Sun Village is at http://www.icmeleronline.com/apart.php?no=4

Both sets of apartments have good reports with the Sun village being the smaller of the two and its slightly closer too the town centre.

You are going to have a great time and like the rest of us will return again.

Dave
dksbbs

Postby dan1090 » 07 Jul 2011 17:18

well just to update you all about our holiday,i wasn't really upbeat about going to turkey but as i was talked into it with my very good friends we went along. reasons: dont like flying and i defo dont like the sun. but now i have been i can tell you i have now put a deposit down on the apartments that we stayed in (club sun village) for 2 weeks next year lol. what an amazing place and holiday destination i had a ball. the flight was fine (although i nearly pulled my friends arm out of its socket when we took off lol and i did manage the sun, lots of shadey bits everywhere. the people were very friendly even though you dont buy anything from them. for anyone who is thinking about going do not hessatate just book up, also if you get a chance to go to the venice bar along the canal go u will have a ball great food and entertainment. well till next year i cannot wait. thanks for all your feed back guys u wern't wrong :D :D :D . mandy xx
dan1090
New User
New User

Postby reesy1959 » 07 Jul 2011 18:28

Glad you had a good time Mandy, we ALL knew you would :lol: Another Icmelerite!

My Sister tagged along with me also this year, her first time to Turkey, and like you she does not like to sit in the sun, but she loved it and has booked to come back with us next June too.
reesy1959

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to ICR Welcome Area