New member and mum to be! :)

To welcome newbies to ICR and help them settle into our big ICR family, to wish Happy Birthdays, congratulate people on post counts etc

Moderator: blondie

New member and mum to be! :)

Postby MumToBe88 » 11 Nov 2010 12:19

Hi Everyone,

So, I've found out this week that I'm expecting my first baby next summer. I'm absolutely over the moon and so so excited but we've just spent a fortune on a holiday to Turkey for next christmas and now I'm worrying as the baby will only be about 6 months old :-s

Does anyone have any advice about travelling with little ones? I don't want to be the woman on the plane with the crying that everybody dreads sitting next to haha!

Thanks, Emma xx
MumToBe88
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: New member and mum to be! :)

Postby starchild01 » 11 Nov 2010 16:29

Congratulations on your news Emma. Last year the couple who usually come on holiday with us decided to take a little stowaway with them...unbeknow to them at the time. Alex was born in July. To be on the safe side, the new Mum and Dad decided against going with us last month, and leave it until next year. Really I suppose that it is a personal thing that only you can decide upon. Why not talk to your Doctor/Health Visitor nearer the time. Enjoy your waiting time :D
starchild01

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 12 Nov 2010 11:23

Welcome to the forum :)
i hope you find all the answers your looking for
congratultions too :D
xxxxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

Postby dksbbs » 18 Nov 2010 12:49

Congratulations.

Don't be worried about the baby crying on the plane a lot of us have been there.

The heat won't be a problem as you are going at Christmas so make sure you take warm cloths for the little one, also when buying your first pushchair think about the weight for when you are travelling, although most airlines allow pushchairs free of charge the fact that you are travelling makes a light weight version a lot easier to handle.

My two daughters have grown up so it's along time ago for me travelling with small ones but the one thing I recommend is if they are on milk formula make sure you take enough to last the holiday as you may not get the same brand there, also make up enough bottles to travel with taking in to account a possible delay (Upto 12 Hours), you will need to taste them at security but that shouldn't be a problem.

Enjoy you holiday with your baby, they grow up far to fast.

Dave
dksbbs

Postby MumToBe88 » 24 Nov 2010 12:37

Thanks so much everyone, I feel so much better after all your helpful comments!
It's starting to sink in a bit more now and I'm just looking forward to everything. Thanks for making me feel so welcome on the forum xXx
MumToBe88
New User
New User

• Advertisement

Return to ICR Welcome Area