Newbie needing conversation!

To welcome newbies to ICR and help them settle into our big ICR family, to wish Happy Birthdays, congratulate people on post counts etc

Moderator: blondie

Newbie needing conversation!

Postby RebeccaAx » 03 Nov 2010 21:19

[i]Hello!
My name's Rebecca, and i'm currently friendless on this website. I've just joined and dont have a clue how to use it.
Just a quick little post about introducing myself and wanting to get to know others, sharing stories and what not.
It'd be nice getting to know you all as we share at least one common interest - Icmeler! :)
RebeccaAx

Advertisement

Re: Newbie needing conversation!

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 03 Nov 2010 21:43

Hiya Rebecca :)
welcome to the forum
hope you have some advice to offer and hope if you ask any questions that people on the forum will be able to answer them :D
everyone here is very friendly so please dont hesitate to ask anything
xxxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

Postby Susi1962 » 04 Nov 2010 07:32

Hi Rebecca. Welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find your way around quite quickly and there's a lot of useful information on here you can access :D
Susi1962

Postby JT » 04 Nov 2010 11:02

Hi Rebecca,

Firstly welcome to the forum and we hope you will jump right in assisting people with the knowledge you have of Icmeler.

I do have a question for you though and that is.

One of our members Bigdaddydawg according to our software is actually using the same computer as you.

Is this your father or husband or maybe brother?
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby Chocoholic » 04 Nov 2010 12:43

Hi Rebecca, welcome to the forum. You are not friendless any more! :)
Chocoholic

Postby RebeccaAx » 04 Nov 2010 19:59

JT wrote:Hi Rebecca,

Firstly welcome to the forum and we hope you will jump right in assisting people with the knowledge you have of Icmeler.

I do have a question for you though and that is.

One of our members Bigdaddydawg according to our software is actually using the same computer as you.

Is this your father or husband or maybe brother?

Hello there, yes he's my father! Can't get him off this website. I'm sure i'll be the same in the next couple of days!
RebeccaAx

Advertisement

Postby RebeccaAx » 04 Nov 2010 20:02

Hey guys, thanks a lot!
Yeah it's a really usefull site, i'm looking forward to getting to know you all! What're your favourite places/things to do in Icmeler?
RebeccaAx

Postby RebeccaAx » 04 Nov 2010 20:05

Katiehutchinson_1991 wrote:Hiya Rebecca :)
welcome to the forum
hope you have some advice to offer and hope if you ask any questions that people on the forum will be able to answer them :D
everyone here is very friendly so please dont hesitate to ask anything
xxxx

Oh thankyou! Well if you need anyone to talk to about the joys of Icmeler i hope i'm first on the list.
Was just trying to book a flight to either Batman or Icmeler, but everything i'm finding is coming up aroung £700, I havent even been payed yet and i'm way ahead of myself haha!
Where abouts do you like to go? xx
RebeccaAx

Postby mark » 07 Nov 2010 11:47

RebeccaAx,Where abouts are you trying to get to.I see you are looking for flights to Batman.We flew out to the South East in March this year and had to go from Heathrow to Istanbul and then on to Diyarbakir.It was alot cheaper than flying to Batman.
mark

Postby RebeccaAx » 09 Nov 2010 18:10

mark wrote:RebeccaAx,Where abouts are you trying to get to.I see you are looking for flights to Batman.We flew out to the South East in March this year and had to go from Heathrow to Istanbul and then on to Diyarbakir.It was alot cheaper than flying to Batman.

Hello there Mark,
Well I was wanting to get to Batman or anywhere in that kind of area before christmas time
But flights are rather expensive on all the websites I'm looking on, surely there are cheaper flights!
But with my luck I'm having trouble finding a good one!
Was it a long journey for you?
Rebecca
RebeccaAx

Postby mark » 19 Nov 2010 19:39

We had a 4 hour flight to Istanbul with a 2 hour lay over,then a 2 hour flight to Diyarbakir.We stayed in Batman.We visited Hasenkyf.Also we stayed in Kurtalan and Mardin.Have a look on Tripadvisor for flights.Hope this helps. :D :D .
mark

Advertisement

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 20 Nov 2010 12:37

have a look on skyscanner also
:) hope this helps and i hope you can get a flight soon
xxxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

Postby Joan_Woodall » 21 Nov 2010 17:24

Hi Rebecca

Welcome to ICR and Icmeler.

Don't know how many times you have visited this beautiful place but hope its the start of many happy visits.

My husband and I have visited Turkey 19 times, many of them spent in Icmeler. We have at least one, but usually 2 hols to Icmeler every year. We have stayed at various apartments/hotels and tend to stay in the old village now as it is absolutely beautiful - like stepping back in time. If you have not been try Rosa's cafe for a drink or a meal and Captain Sinbad's (head for the mosque and you will see it signposted). Sidyk (the owner) will make you most welcome and I can guarantee you will have a lovely, home cooked meal.

We have met some wonderful people who have now become our friends and have never had a bad meal, a bad experience, nothing but good times. I also feel safe walking round on my own (which cannot be said for many tourist resorts).

We have already booked for next June and can't wait.

Whenever you visit Icmeler, ENJOY.
Joan_Woodall
New User
New User

• Advertisement

Return to ICR Welcome Area