newby hi all..... i NEED Restaurant advice please x

To welcome newbies to ICR and help them settle into our big ICR family, to wish Happy Birthdays, congratulate people on post counts etc

Moderator: blondie

newby hi all..... i NEED Restaurant advice please x

Postby jojo72 » 28 Jul 2010 14:27

Hello- i am staying end of August in Hotel Aqua...sounds lovely. It is All Inclusive but we love going out for a few meals- so will be taking enough extra dosh for some nice meals out the hotel..maybe 3 or 4 nights out ( i find it breaks the monotony of eating in one spot...even where the hotel food is lovely) Can anyone advise? i like the sound of Istanbul and The Lighthouse... One of the evening meals will be for our 15th wedding anniversary so it would be nice to have somewhr a bit posh for that!! and advice will be welcomed...Jo
jojo72
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: newby hi all..... i NEED Restaurant advice plz x

Postby blondie » 28 Jul 2010 14:51

I would say definitely try the Lal - it's a traditional Ottoman style restaurant in a lovely traditional setting, which has fabulous food. You can eat under a traditional canopy and there's a live Turkish musician to add to the ambience. We loved it - definitely one of our new favourite places to eat now.
blondie

Postby jojo72 » 28 Jul 2010 15:10

Thanks--- are children welcome at the Lal..my daughter is 12 years old..
jojo72
New User
New User

Postby blondie » 28 Jul 2010 15:12

jojo72 wrote:Thanks--- are children welcome at the Lal..my daughter is 12 years old..

Oh yes, not a problem - all ages welcome! One night when we were there, there was a couple with a little girl of around five or six - she appeared to be having a great time and was up doing her best Turkish dancing to the live musician.
blondie

Postby jojo72 » 28 Jul 2010 15:32

Brilliant- i will hopefully be going out 3 or 4 times...so have u any others to recommend? x
jojo72
New User
New User

Postby blondie » 28 Jul 2010 15:35

To be perfectly honest, I've never had a bad meal anywhere in Icmeler - everyone seems to have their own favourites though, so I'd suggest having a look at some of the threads on here and seeing what different places people recommend. You'll find that children are welcomed everywhere though.
blondie

Advertisement

Postby ochlynda » 29 Jul 2010 13:24

Children are very welcome at the lal. Only problem is the menu doesn't cater for them as they won't do half portions and all ther food is turkish. The only thing they could offer us was grilled chicken for our daughter when we were there at the beginning of July. We loved it but Niamh who is 13 wasn't impressed.
Selam and Lighthouse are also lovely

Lynda
ochlynda

Postby ajgaj » 29 Jul 2010 13:35

Hi when I was at Lals I could not decide what to eat - too much choice - so both times I went I had a selection of 3 and 4 dishes from the starter menu as my main meal
Last edited by ajgaj on 30 Jul 2010 16:05, edited 3 times in total.
ajgaj

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 29 Jul 2010 21:03

loveboat for your anniversary its lovely
more expensive than the rest but worth it for a one off
xxxxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

Postby nursynewcastle » 29 Jul 2010 21:11

Sorry for imposing on your thread, not been to icmeler yet so cant offer advice, but wondered do lal do pide ? As that would suit my 11 year old :wink: He totally loves pide, would happily eat it all week lol
nursynewcastle

Postby Sara » 30 Jul 2010 10:19

You can get really good pides and lahmacuns at Ugur Pide. You will find it easily if you know the bakery behind Tansas, you just keep going the same road forward and soon you'll see it on your left. Maybe 200 meters from the bakery. Pides cost around 4-6 TL and you always get some fresh salad free of charge. They prepare the pides in wood oven and they were always delicious. My favourite is the one with chopped meat and you can ask them to use either little or lots of spices ( chili). Service was always really friendly.
Sara

Advertisement

Re: newby hi all..... i NEED Restaurant advice please x

Postby tandoori sizzler » 11 Dec 2010 19:40

jojo72 wrote:Hello- i am staying end of August in Hotel Aqua...sounds lovely. It is All Inclusive but we love going out for a few meals- so will be taking enough extra dosh for some nice meals out the hotel..maybe 3 or 4 nights out ( i find it breaks the monotony of eating in one spot...even where the hotel food is lovely) Can anyone advise? i like the sound of Istanbul and The Lighthouse... One of the evening meals will be for our 15th wedding anniversary so it would be nice to have somewhr a bit posh for that!! and advice will be welcomed...Jo

Tandoori Sizzler has chinese and ındıan food wıth lots of diffrent set meals,if u want specıal nıght 15th,thats the place :wink: bottle of wine will be my present for the special nıght...
tandoori sizzler

Postby starchild01 » 12 Dec 2010 09:19

Must admit, have only had one bad meal in Icmeler, but that restaurant is now a supermarket! Cupids and The Chef are very good :)
starchild01

Postby Bev & Mandy » 13 Dec 2010 17:00

I can recommend Bonjour & Charlies Restaurant but most of the restaurants we have eaten at for the 13 visits we have had have been great :D
Bev & Mandy

• Advertisement

Return to ICR Welcome Area