Hello forum peeps

To welcome newbies to ICR and help them settle into our big ICR family, to wish Happy Birthdays, congratulate people on post counts etc

Moderator: blondie

Hello forum peeps

Postby pops » 21 Jul 2010 12:29

I'm a bit new to this particular forum, so i thought I'd do a bit of an intro.
I'm "Pops" (48) and my good lady is "Scarylady" (54) (she may appear on here from time to time)
We have been to Turkey a few times now....Marmaris (not keen) Gumbet (enjoyed) and Icmeler (Brill)
We were last in Icmeler in 2008 and had a GREAT holiday. We missed our "fix" last year but had a great time in Greece nonetheless, the Euro however, killed our finances somewhat. so it's back to Icmeler for us again this year and we can't wait for September 20th to arrive.
Have been scanning the forum off and on for a few months and my only real concern is the mention of quite a bit of redevelopement (building sites) in the resort. Has anyone found this to be a problem or is it just something and nothing, ie...minor disruption? Also has there been any progress with the "Marina" area? It was a bit desolate in 2008 to say the least.
May well have a few more questions before September. It's always handy to get answers from holidaymakers who have just returned.
Thanks in advance People.
Pops. :D
pops

Advertisement

Re: Hello forum peeps

Postby tamii » 21 Jul 2010 13:23

Hi Pops and welcome to the forum. Sure you'll find out anything you need to know here :D
don't worry about any renovations - these were all completed before the season started so you won't have any disruptions. you'll prob notice quite a few changes in the last 2 years since you have been but don't worry, it's still the same amazing place and i'm sure you'll have another great trip! :D
tamii

Postby John V » 21 Jul 2010 13:27

Hi pops,
Welcome to the Forum.
Have no fears of finding building work in progress and unfinished jobs in Icmeler during the season, all redevelopment and upgradings came to an end at the 1st of May.
All the new changes that we saw during our last visit in May - June were all for the better and help to enhance our favourite resort and keep it fresh.
John V

Postby Vikki » 29 Jul 2010 11:17

Hi Pops welcome to the forum :D
Vikki

• Advertisement

Return to ICR Welcome Area