hi to everyone

To welcome newbies to ICR and help them settle into our big ICR family, to wish Happy Birthdays, congratulate people on post counts etc

Moderator: blondie

hi to everyone

Postby purple-cat » 06 Apr 2010 17:15

Hi to everyone

found your forum recently and I have been having a good read and a laugh on your friendly forum. I have learnt so much about Icmeler from you all and it feels like home already. We have never been to Turkey before,however, all is about to change as this year we are going twice. First at the end of May for 5 days for our wedding anniversary and then at the end of July for 7 nights with our 2 youngest, daughter 19 and son 16. I am really excited and counting the sleeps just like the rest of you. 55 sleeps for us. We will be staying at the Aqua and am hoping it is as lovely as everyone has said. Am also looking forward to visiting some of the wonderful restaurants that you have all mentioned. Finally can't wait to see the beautiful bay that first tempted me to book this beautiful place.

Helen
:D
purple-cat
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: hi to everyone

Postby jayjay1950 » 06 Apr 2010 18:21

You wont be dissapointed. It was our first trip last year to Icmeler and we are back this year and waiting for flights to come out to book again next year. Like you i got all my info from all the friendly people on this site. Enjoy your holiday and welcome to the Icmeler family :D
jayjay1950

Postby travelingscot52 » 06 Apr 2010 18:34

Welcome Helen We visited Icmeler for the first time last year and stayed at the aqua I am sure it will live up to your expectations, We are going back again in May and i think you will get the bug and return again.the members on this forum are realy helpfull so any questions you have ask away and I am sure someone will have the answer. Have a look at this map it might help I wish I had found it before i went.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6091

Have a great holiday
Rab
travelingscot52

Postby Erik The Viking » 06 Apr 2010 18:47

Greetings and salutations purple cat. :)
Erik The Viking

Postby reesy1959 » 06 Apr 2010 19:02

Hi and welcome, you will soon be as addicted as we all are to Icmeler.
reesy1959

Postby purple-cat » 06 Apr 2010 19:11

thanks to you all for a warm welcome and accepting me into the fold. Thanks also to Rab for the map. Found the Aqua on it, looks amazing.
purple-cat
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby kentcabbie » 06 Apr 2010 21:02

Hi there, we came out for the 1st time 3 years ago , and are back for 4th time and our anniversary end of may, love the place,and i,m sure you will too,
kentcabbie

Postby polly » 06 Apr 2010 21:38

Hi Helen, welcome to the forum.
My sister and her family are going to the Aqua at the end of July, 29th I think.

Polly
polly

Postby LynnJenny » 06 Apr 2010 21:47

hi and welcome you are going to love it and want to keep coming back for me happy holidays :D
LynnJenny

Postby mugla » 07 Apr 2010 20:54

you are about to experience the holiday of a lifetime..welcome to heaven you will never want to go any where else :D :D :D
mugla

Postby purple-cat » 07 Apr 2010 21:33

Hi

reading everyone's comments has just made me feel even more excited than ever about going to Icmeler. I know the build up to your holiday is all part of the holiday experience but this time it just feels so much more special. You have all made it sound so fabulous and I just can't wait to sample the wonderful hospitality of the Turkish people. Am really looking forward to finding one of those lovely restaurants you have all mentioned to celebrate our anniversary with a special meal and a great evening out- one to remember!!!!! Thanks to you all :D :D :D
purple-cat
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby Christabel » 07 Apr 2010 23:10

I hope you realise that after your holiday you won't want to go anywhere else every again!! I first went to Turkey in 2000 and that was it for me - have been dozens of times since then - it is a second home to me.

Christine
Christabel

Postby MARKCAV » 08 Apr 2010 07:48

Welcome to the family!!
MARKCAV

Postby John V » 08 Apr 2010 08:37

Keep coming to Icmeler twice every year, May -June and September - October it is a terrific holiday.

We also go to other places during the winter but Icmeler always gets booked as soon as holiday details become available.

Hope this continues and we are able to do it for along time to come, enjoying the place and its people......
John V

Postby reesy1959 » 08 Apr 2010 15:21

We are off to Salou 2 weeks this monday, just for a cheap weeks getaway, and even though we have already booked for June and October to Icmeler, I cant get rid of this gnawing feeling that I wish we had booked a week to Icmeler instead of Salou. I miss the old place so much.

Dont worry, you will absolutely love the place and the people.
reesy1959

Postby Frankiel » 08 Apr 2010 16:43

Hi Helen, My sister and I are staying in the Aqua for two weeks from 17th May, so hopefully we will bump into you there at some stage. We stayed in the Aqua last October and it is in a lovely hotel in a great position - the beautiful gardens back on to the promenade and beach and the front of the hotel is practically in the town centre. Although we have booked half board we still enjoy trying out the many fabulous restaurants in Icmeler in the evenings. You won't be disappointed. :D

Frances
Frankiel

Advertisement

Postby purple-cat » 08 Apr 2010 21:06

Hi Frances we go on the 31st May. Will you still be there??? Would be great to meet up with you and put faces to names. Your description of the Aqua sounds lovely and I actually spent ages trying to pick a hotel so it sounds like I have made a good choice. It is always good to hear first hand comments from people who have stayed in them and to have such good things said about it makes you feel alot better for choosing it. Don't suppose you know if the gym was fully equipped as my husband is a bit of a keep fit fanatic lol :lol: and was wondering what is what like??? Couldn't really tell by looking at their photo's on the site.

Thanks Reesy 1959 for your reassurance, I'm sure we will fall in love with Icmeler. Hopefully Salou will be just what you wanted a quick and easy one week holiday, a getaway in the sunshine and it will make you appreciate Icmeler even more when you finally get there. :D

We have been going to Cyprus for years, staying in Limassol and Larnaca and we love the Island but this year I wanted a change and Icmeler really did seem to be the place!!!! :D :D :D
purple-cat
New User
New User

Postby travelingscot52 » 08 Apr 2010 22:02

Helen the aqua has a fully kitted Gym with the free sauna and turkish baths beside it there is also a small indoor pool so hubby can cool off after a workout if you want any more details pm me

might see you there as we arrive on the 22nd May till 4th june But we are staying at the bonjour booked with ICR of course :D
Rab
travelingscot52

Postby jnesbitt » 09 Apr 2010 12:43

Hi Helen and welcome to our forum, i went to Icmeler in 2000 and havent been anywhere since! sometimes visiting two or even three times a year. :D
jnesbitt

Postby blondie » 09 Apr 2010 13:00

travelingscot52 wrote:Helen the aqua has a fully kitted Gym with the free sauna and turkish baths beside it there is also a small indoor pool so hubby can cool off after a workout if you want any more details pm me

might see you there as we arrive on the 22nd May till 4th june But we are staying at the bonjour booked with ICR of course :D
Rab

We arrive at the Bonjour on the 27th, so we might bump into you, Rab! :)
blondie

• Advertisement

Next

Return to ICR Welcome Area