Currency exchange. A question

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Currency exchange. A question

Postby andytaj » 16 Feb 2010 18:28

Hi all,

I know we can get a decent exchange from ICR, but I'm sure most of us look for the best exchange rates from any number of sources.

I've been looking at the Euro for a trip to Spain in June. Yes we are coming to Icmeler too, but not until September.

I was wondering if any of you had used Crown Currency Exchange. I've just looked on their web site and they are offering up to 1.174 Euro's to the Pound (Depending on when you want to travel)

I'm not advertising their web site or promoting it, I'm just wondering if this is too good to be true.

I will reiterate...The ICR rates are very competitive, so I will understand if this thread is locked if I am upsetting the applecart. Perhaps you could PM me with your comments, if you have any.

Cheers

Andy

Sorry, meant to post this on the Icmeler forum, but finger trouble stikes again :oops:
andytaj

Advertisement

Re: Currency exchange. A question

Postby JT » 17 Feb 2010 15:42

I use Crown myself if I know I have a USA trip booked so you can gamble on the rate and book ahead.

I also use Travelex if it is a last minute thing and order and pick up at the airport
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby andytaj » 17 Feb 2010 22:39

Just thought I'd mention,

Mrs Andytaj works for a High Street Bank and did some research today.

Crown Currency exchange don't offer much in the way of security for your transactions. The Independent financial advisor she spoke to doesn't recommend nor advise against using them, but said the risk is higher than the usual sources, particularly if ordering your currency months in advance.

Cheers

Andy
andytaj

Postby spannersmanner » 15 Mar 2010 14:21

What is the current exchange rate £ to Turkish lira, very poor in London at the moment 2.21, last year we got 2.40
spannersmanner

Postby blondie » 15 Mar 2010 14:42

According to the main Icmeler Online page, today's rate is 2.3119 (think that might be the Interbank rate).
blondie

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 15 Mar 2010 17:55

yeah it is the interbank rate thats shown on the homepage
if you take about 0.05-0.1 off of that rate you will know how much the rate is in resort right now
xxxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

Advertisement

Postby sheepy » 19 Mar 2010 23:51

GBP has taking a bit of a spanking in the last few weeks due to election jitters (They say). A gambling man may think that this might recover then after May 6th (as long as someone actually wins) - but I'm not a currency expert - you decide :lol:
sheepy

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.