Advance Passenger Information

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Advance Passenger Information

Postby Sue » 23 Jan 2010 12:48

I have read on another site that we have to register before we go to Turkey, has anyone else heard of this
Sue

Advertisement

Re: Advance Passenger Information

Postby stevew » 23 Jan 2010 13:24

Hi Sue
Take a look at this
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7306&hilit=passenger

Steve
stevew

Postby Sue » 23 Jan 2010 13:48

http://www.thomascookairlines.co.uk/adv ... tion.asp#1

according to this we need to register, when i booked my flights they asked for the date of births, does this mean i have registered
Sue

Postby stevew » 23 Jan 2010 16:38

Hi Sue
Reading that, I think you have to provide info nearer the time of departure, i.e. Going in June, need to provide info
during March. 3 months before and no later than 7 days before. So unless you are going early April, I would say no you haven`t, unless T.C. will forwrd the info nearer your departure time.
Steve
stevew

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 23 Jan 2010 16:39

yeah if your flying to dalaman, antalya, bodrum or izmir then you have to provide advanced passenger information between 3 months and 7 days before departure
each company will have their own specific website for entering the information
xxxxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

Postby Sue » 23 Jan 2010 16:49

I have just emailed the company i booked with to ask them if i need to do it as I am sure i have provided this info when i booked
Sue

Advertisement

Postby Susi1962 » 31 Jan 2010 10:35

Hope this helps - copied from Th**** C**k website
"Advanced Passenger Information
A new European Union Directive has just come into effect, which means over the next 12 months all flights booked to European Union States, from the UK and Ireland, will require the Passport number, Nationality and Date of Birth to be attached to the booking prior to travel. Currently, this information is only required for Easyjet flights to Spain, Cyprus, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Italy, Malta, Morocco, Netherlands, Turkey and the UK and BMI Baby flights to Spain, therefore we are only requesting the information for these bookings.

This information must be provided for all passengers travelling, including Children and Infants. "
Susi1962

Postby juju » 13 Feb 2010 15:37

Advance passenger information came into effect last March for Turkey, and as I have friends who regularly fly to Spain and provide the info thru their airline on line,I was concerned that I could find no way of doing it myself.No problems departing as they were doing it at check in...onur air.It didn't seem to take any longer than normal.Later on we flew to Cyprus and again they must have done it at check in as there was no way we could do it ourselves.With the friends who fly to Spain the airline instructs them on what to do when they book their flights on line.Again for this year with Aegean flying onur air there hasn't been any instruction from them so will be done at check in presumably.The onus is on the airline or travel agent to collect the info and it would only be a problem if people refused to give the info when asked to do so.
juju

Postby icmeler1sttimer » 08 Apr 2010 11:56

Hi - we are going to Icmeler in August and have to supply API to T***** C*** online - I have tried to do this but it seems you have to go through actually paying to choose where you want to sit on the plane (both there and back which would cost me £97.00) rather than just being able to submit the Advanced Passenger Information - having not been abroad for almost 10 years can someone tell me if you do need to purchase your seats or can you just get allocated at the airport? Also how I can submit the API information without buying seats? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks
icmeler1sttimer

Postby tamii » 08 Apr 2010 12:13

icmeler1sttimer wrote:can someone tell me if you do need to purchase your seats or can you just get allocated at the airport? Also how I can submit the API information without buying seats? Thanks

you don't have to purchase seats unless you want to be 100% guaranteed to be sitting with the rest of your party - although I have never had any problems with before. Alway been seated together

If you go to https://managemyflight.thomascookairlin ... okuk/login you should be able to submit the information - this is how I done mine
tamii

Postby Dannii_89 » 08 Apr 2010 17:12

Your advanced passenger information is not just your date of birth but also passport expiry date, passport number, country of issue and your nationality.

I am flying in july and did my API last week. took literally 2mins to do...easy peasy!

icmeler1sttimer - i have never pre-booked seats in my life and have always been sat together with the rest of the family...so if i was you i wouldn't bother (rip off) Once you have booked your flight you will be provided with your booking reference number, you use this along with your surname to log sonto the flight company website and manage your booking (ie add baggage, choose seats ect) it's on there that you provide your API for each passenger. I booked with jet2 and i could provide mine from the time of booking up to 5 days before departure. Some companies however only let you provide the info 3 months before departure...each company is different. Hope this helps
Dannii_89

Advertisement

Postby icmeler1sttimer » 09 Apr 2010 17:59

Hi Tamii and Dannii_89

Thanks for your help. It seems that I wont be able to provide API until 3 months before departure.
icmeler1sttimer

Postby CHUCHTER » 09 Apr 2010 22:50

When we flew last year we completed API on the plane, forms were handed out and collected by cabin crew, maybe it was just a new thing out then and that was the reason for it.
CHUCHTER

Postby JT » 10 Apr 2010 07:40

Last year those forms that were given out where for that swine flu fiasco
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby CHUCHTER » 10 Apr 2010 10:02

oops sorry for the confusion.
CHUCHTER

Postby mazz » 23 Apr 2010 20:20

I filled a form out on the plane too last year, but guessed that was due to the swine flu issue.

It seems API can be collected by swiping your passport though the computer system at check-in, but I think it depends who you're flying with. Nothing was mentioned about this when I booked my next holiday to Icmeler and I vaguely thought it only applied to certain European member states anyway (which wouldn't include Turkey)

Mazz
mazz

Advertisement

Postby Dannii_89 » 24 Apr 2010 16:19

I was told that if API is not provided at least 3 days before departure you will have big trouble checking in! Guess we will all know more once the season kicks off and more people start flying out.
Dannii_89

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 25 Apr 2010 11:18

i went through dalaman airport last week and didnt hear anything about any problems to do with advanced passenger information
i guess all the people on my flight must of filled theirs out
i know i did it
wouldnt want to take a chance
its not that much information they need anyway
xxxxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

Postby mark » 25 Apr 2010 11:43

Did mine last week. :)
mark

Postby janette » 25 Apr 2010 12:05

I've had e-mail asking me to fill mine in as we go in 3 weeks,but we are waiting for grandaughters passport to come back!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
janette

• Advertisement

Next

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.