Luggage Labels

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Luggage Labels

Postby muchtyunited » 01 Jun 2009 20:48

Can anyone tell me what they do for luggage labels when they book flights online?
We booked flights online before but it was th....ns so just poped into the local shop in high street and they gave us labels

Not sure what everyone else does have seen basic labels in the high street chemist you know the ones next to all the wee holidays gadgets but always think you want the ones that stand out a wee bit more and have travel company on them.....
Not sure if i would be able to contact flight company to enquire about this any ideas would be great :)
muchtyunited

Advertisement

Postby dksbbs » 01 Jun 2009 20:54

I always supply my own and have done for years since booking DIY.

Dave
dksbbs

Postby mazz » 01 Jun 2009 20:55

You can pick up labels at some airports at one of the service desks.

Your name and flight number will be printed on the sticker they put around your case at check in which is probably why most TOs have dispensed with providing luggage labels.

I always write my name, accommodation, resort, phone number and flight number etc on a large sticker and stick to inside lid of my case just as a precaution and tie something bright to the case so it's easy to spot when collecting from carousel!

Mazz
mazz

Postby juju » 01 Jun 2009 20:56

Hi I have bought ordinary luggage labels from the post office and used them before.When your cases are checked in they put those stickly labels around them and they give all the flight details so really the labels are for our benefit so you can check its your name on when they come round the carousel.I have been told at the airport that you dont need labels on.....but I always feel better with them! I have some off last year that I will be using....and I customise the cases with ribbons!Julie :)
juju

Postby muchtyunited » 01 Jun 2009 20:56

Do you just use the basic ones Dave and has your luggage always been ok ? We are going with Gl......n new to flying to turkey this year from Scotland so here`s hoping they will be ok :?
muchtyunited

Postby muchtyunited » 01 Jun 2009 20:58

Yes Juju we customise cases too oh always puts bright coloured electrical tape round handles........

Not lost them so far 8)
muchtyunited

Advertisement

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 01 Jun 2009 21:54

you can normally pick the luggage labels up at the desk where you check in at the airport if you ask them im sure they will give some to you
hope this helps
xxxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

Postby dksbbs » 01 Jun 2009 21:58

We just use the standard brown labels available at Tesco's.

As other have said I customise the case so it's easy to recognise, for me it's yellow insulation tape around the feet and handle.

I also agree with putting a piece of paper inside the case with my details and destination just in case.

And finally as someone has said the label they put on the case handle with the flight details and bar code also has your name printed.

Never had a problem while on holidays, had the odd hicup when flying on business and having to change planes halfway through the journey where I have made the connection but the luggage hasn't, but always got it by the following morning.

Dave.

There is a label printing tool on the holiday truths web site.
dksbbs

Postby blondie » 02 Jun 2009 07:05

muchtyunited, we're also flying from Scotland with the same people, but I've always used my own luggage labels anyway. As others have said, even the basic ones will be fine.
blondie

Postby dotty » 02 Jun 2009 09:19

I make my own on the computer, print them off, cut them out then laminate them. Punch a hole through and attach a large elastic band - sorted!

I have fun making them up, put pictures of our hotel on the outward ones and picture of our house on the return ones - it passes one of the long winter days.
dotty

Postby muchtyunited » 02 Jun 2009 18:45

Good idea Dotty will need to get the teenagers on to that as they are soooo much better on the pc than us adults :lol:

thanks for all the tips its been really helpful you guys really are the fountain of all holiday knowledge :D even having answers to a silly question like mine.................
muchtyunited

Advertisement

Postby andrea m » 02 Jun 2009 18:59

Also tend to do my own which amuses my brother but it kept me busy at work when I had not a lot to do :)

Dotty never thought about adding picture of accomodation to them will need to do that for September.

Andrea
andrea m

Postby salford_steve » 02 Jun 2009 20:18

You can print them off from HT. I will provide the link if I am allowed, I will wait for Colletes authorisation before I do it.

Steve
salford_steve

Postby Colette » 03 Jun 2009 07:37

Hey Steve, no problem linking to HT , it's one site we do allow as there a wide base and great for helping holiday makers :D
Colette

Postby salford_steve » 03 Jun 2009 18:08

Thanks colette.

This link allows you to create printed luggage labels. http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/LuggageLabel/step1.php

Steve
salford_steve

Postby muchtyunited » 03 Jun 2009 20:52

Thanks Steve thats very helpful
put your feet up and have a cold one ......cheers :wink:
muchtyunited

Advertisement

Postby salford_steve » 03 Jun 2009 21:25

No probs, always happy to help.

Steve
salford_steve

Postby Colette » 04 Jun 2009 08:25

I wonder if Rami could do some Icmeler Online ones for you to print off etc ? :D
Colette

Postby salford_steve » 04 Jun 2009 18:08

I would use them.

Steve
salford_steve

Postby stevew » 04 Jun 2009 18:19

Me also. Easy to see other icmelerites, and easier for transfer.
Steve :D
stevew

• Advertisement

Next

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.