Superbex & family

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Superbex & family

Postby Jozzyd » 01 Jun 2009 18:58

My daughter and her partner & 2 girls are coming to Icmeler 4th September can anyone offer tips and hints other than the usual ones?? The swim nappies are an issue at the min as the baby will only just be one and is not allowed a luggage allowance! They are staying at Ekinci Palace, are they near enough launderette, shops, take away, supermarket etc. Thanks in advance to anyone else travelling with a 2year old with a one year old sister
Jozzyd

Advertisement

Postby DIANE C » 01 Jun 2009 19:46

Hi I dont think that you can buy swim nappies over there as we took some for the ICR girl (cant remember her name :oops: ) little girl last year.

Diane C
DIANE C

Postby ken the pen » 01 Jun 2009 20:06

:lol: ekinci palace is close enough to supermarket and shops so nappies should not be and issue. friends of ours stayed in this hotel last year and were well pleased with it. have a great time and enjoy icemeler
ken the pen

Postby ochlynda » 02 Jun 2009 08:26

You can buy the swim nappies over there but they are about twice the price than what you would pay at home. Know as we were stung for them last year

Lynda
ochlynda

Postby muchtyunited » 02 Jun 2009 19:15

We were lucky when our wee one was 19months we went to spain but were in a crowd so everyone helped us out and took some nappies for us so no help for you there...... but did buy disposable bibs from boots they were great and every little helps :)
muchtyunited

Postby muchtyunited » 02 Jun 2009 19:17

You could always try these vacum packed bags for the nappies at least they wont take up so much room .........but think thats probably the daftest idea yet

Oh well as they say down there for dancing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
muchtyunited

Advertisement

Postby Fanny » 02 Jun 2009 22:07

long shot, but do they sell them at the airport at this end? Manc has a Boots but not sure if their [limited] range extends to swim nappies?

can you get washable ones? or would that be impractical?
:oops: :oops: it's years since mine were small and such things hadn't been invented, so apologies if I'm way off the mark!
Fanny

Postby stevew » 03 Jun 2009 06:25

Fanny
I can only remember Terry`s and a Bucket. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve
stevew

Postby Not the weakest link » 03 Jun 2009 08:06

although its a few years ago when mine were in nappies we used to put them as a covering on bottom of suitcase, and use them to pad corners, then put them in the lid bit where you put shoes. Think we used to take about 2 bags of nappies with and usually used most of them.

Then we used to put quite a lot in hand luggage.

You'd be surprised what you fit in.

In those days we didnt have those swimming nappies, and do remember having quick dashes back to the room when they did more than a wee.

Eldest daughter remembers quite vividly one said trip. She's 17 now.
Not the weakest link

Postby Fanny » 03 Jun 2009 19:46

stevew wrote:Fanny
I can only remember Terry`s and a Bucket. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve

that's all I used for my first 3 !! aw, a washing line full of clean nappies - happy days :lol:

.........anyway, back to topic before Col chases me :oops:

you can get baby-life jackets which are great, much better than arm bands I think?
Fanny

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.