What do we take for a long term visit?!

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

What do we take for a long term visit?!

Postby jools » 23 May 2009 10:36

As most of you probably know, my friend and I have rented an apartment til the end of October in Icmeler.
Well, the time has surprisingly flown by and we're getting ready to go (Karen on 1st June and me on 14th).

We've been making list upon list of what we think we'll need to take with us, we've even got a little BBQ!!

There's bound to be some stuff we've not thought of that we might need, which we would be better to buy here before we go. I've checked out the list of holiday bits, and we've got most of that but I'm thinking about things which would be practical like...cling film for example.

So, my question to you is what do you recommend us taking with us??

Cheers guys! :D
jools

Advertisement

Postby Fanny » 23 May 2009 11:59

HI Jools, not long now eh??
may sound quite boring, but if you're on any prescription tablets, remember to take enough to see you through - unless of course, you know you can get them cheaper in Icmeler
re clingfilm etc, could you not get that in Tansas? am just thinking of your weight allowance
Col's started a holiday list thread which looks pretty handy
Fanny

Postby Colette » 23 May 2009 12:05

Going to put this in the tips area so you can get some advice and also we can make it into a list ( I do like my lists :lol: ) and be helpful for other members :D
Colette

Postby JT » 23 May 2009 12:28

2 bottles of Balvenie, 2 bottles of Chateau Neuf De Pape, Colemans mustard and a case of Guiness would be nice
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby jools » 23 May 2009 14:16

Thanks Fanny, no not long at all!
Fortunately, I think we'll be alright for prescription medication.

We've a fair bit of room in the luggage weight allowance at the moment, as we took most of our clothes over in April, so we're trying to get as many bits here as we can, particularly as Karen will be without an extra set of shopping arms for 2 weeks!

Regarding the BBQ (only 1.2kg, not bad eh?) I wondered if anyone had any idea where we would buy coal etc for the BBQ? I've never been into the Marmaris Tansas, so have no idea if we'll be able to get it there.

LOL I reckon I could stretch to a jar of Colmans for you lot if you'd like :) Didn't even think about sauces and condiments! I'm going to be in Asda next week buying up Nandos piri piri sauce like it's going out of fashion haha.
jools

Postby jools » 23 May 2009 14:18

I thought of another question to put to all you good people...

Can you buy tinned tuna in Tansas? I can live without it for a holiday, but it's essential for keeping up the slimming world healthy eating on a long term basis!

Can imagine these customs inspectors will have an absolute field day if they open my suitcase :lol: sauces, a BBQ, enough medical supplies to last a lifetime, tuna....
jools

Advertisement

Postby bec » 23 May 2009 18:35

Yeaa you can buy tinned tuna in Tansas....me n my boy used to do barmcakes for us to take the beach n that hehe....
xx
bec

Postby Erik The Viking » 23 May 2009 20:35

bec wrote:Yeaa you can buy tinned tuna in Tansas....me n my boy used to do barmcakes for us to take the beach n that hehe....
xx

That's a roll or butty to anyone south of Watford!! :lol:
Erik The Viking

Postby jools » 23 May 2009 20:56

Erik The Viking wrote:
bec wrote:Yeaa you can buy tinned tuna in Tansas....me n my boy used to do barmcakes for us to take the beach n that hehe....
xx

That's a roll or butty to anyone south of Watford!! :lol:

I was going to ask what the hell that was! :shock: :lol:
Thanks Erik for clearing that one up, I've learned something new today! :lol:
jools

Postby Jozzyd » 23 May 2009 21:27

Up North it's a T-cake (minus the currants) Hubby is from Essex and says T-cakes have currants in :shock:
Jozzyd

Postby LynnJenny » 24 May 2009 00:17

t cakes has to have currents in :lol: :lol:
LynnJenny

Advertisement

Postby dinky_cath » 24 May 2009 05:49

You can get charcoal ın tansas. I would thınk hard about what you want to brıng - Clıng fılm ıs not an essentıal however nıce toıletrıes and haır products are dıffıcult to get and expensıve. Erm theres not much I mıss at all lıvıng here to be honest, you get used to ıt after a whıle. Make sure you brıng any luxurıes that you wıll defınıtely mıss but basıc thıngs are all readıly avaılable ın tansas.
dinky_cath

Postby Erik The Viking » 24 May 2009 07:38

bring ice cubes....they are dodgy over there..... :wink:
Erik The Viking

Postby bec » 24 May 2009 12:16

bec wrote:
Yeaa you can buy tinned tuna in Tansas....me n my boy used to do barmcakes for us to take the beach n that hehe....
xx

That's a roll or butty to anyone south of Watford!!

Hahaha didnt know barmcakes had other translations....so what u call the baps :? that you put burgers into when doing a bbq??
to me-Barmcakes?
haha
bec

Postby jools » 25 May 2009 10:47

dinky_cath wrote:You can get charcoal ın tansas. I would thınk hard about what you want to brıng - Clıng fılm ıs not an essentıal however nıce toıletrıes and haır products are dıffıcult to get and expensıve. Erm theres not much I mıss at all lıvıng here to be honest, you get used to ıt after a whıle. Make sure you brıng any luxurıes that you wıll defınıtely mıss but basıc thıngs are all readıly avaılable ın tansas.

Cath, quick question - do you work at the Prestij?
Excellent, good to know that charcoal is available.
I'm going to stock up on toiletries in Boots at the airport once my suitcase is all checked in so they don't weigh me down!

Jozzyd - where I'm from teacakes have currants in them. They're like hot cross buns, without the cross!
jools

Postby dinky_cath » 25 May 2009 12:57

Nope not me - Im just a full tıme Mummy!!
dinky_cath

Advertisement

Postby jools » 25 May 2009 13:55

Ahhh ok, we met a lady who lives with her husband in Icmeler and her name was Cath too.
One other thing...if we need to buy anything for the house in terms of kitchenware or cleaning products, where's the best place to get them? Would it be Tansas again?
jools

Postby dinky_cath » 25 May 2009 14:59

Yes you can get most thıngs ın Icmeler Tansas and ıf not then defınıtely ın Mıgros or Kıpa. Anythıng else you thınk to ask just gıve me a shout and Ill try to help!!
dinky_cath

Postby jools » 25 May 2009 20:59

:D Thanks Cath, I really appreciate it!

Just notified my friend that she can get her precious tins of tuna and she's happy as larry now :lol: so thanks guys for making someone's day :lol:
jools

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.