Essential Items We Take on Holiday

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Re: Essential Items We Take on Holiday

Postby truth » 01 May 2010 16:01

I am looking for a Kipling bag can you please tell me which one you have Cheers
Hi i just want to say that i have brought a Jeti bag in mint very nice looking forward to using it in June while in Icmeler thank you,
Last edited by truth on 18 May 2010 13:37, edited 2 times in total.
truth

Advertisement

Postby dinky_cath » 01 May 2010 16:10

truth wrote:I am looking for a Kipling bag can you please ell me which one you have Cheers

Kipling bags are fab - I have lots :lol:
dinky_cath

Postby Susi1962 » 02 May 2010 08:05

truth wrote:I am looking for a Kipling bag can you please tell me which one you have Cheers

Hi - I have three (all bought on holiday in the States - can't afford them here LOL!)

There's the Candy - which is good for everyday and can convert into a tiny backpack - it'll hold a large paperback plus room for a lot of other stuff (but it's my least favourite as I don't like the shape); the Eldorado (that's the one I'm taking) - it's really small and slim but it holds credit cards, cash, tissues, hand sanitiser (well there isn't always any lemon spray stuff available), sunglasses and digital camera.

The final one I haven't seen for ages (and can't remember the style, sorry) but it's an across body one and it's enormous - I've actually taken it as hand luggage before!

The main advantage is that all the nylon ones weigh practically nothing, and will hold enormous amounts. They also all tend to have organiser type stuff inside - credit card pockets or key-clips for example.

If you want one wearing day to day on holiday then I'd go for the Eldorado - you don't need a separate purse and it'll still hold a ton of stuff for it's size.

Good luck with the search!
Susi1962

Postby truth » 02 May 2010 10:27

Thank you so much Susie1962 for the reply i will have a look at them .Cheers
truth

Postby Susi1962 » 02 May 2010 10:34

truth wrote:Thank you so much Susie1962 for the reply i will have a look at them .Cheers

No problem - hope you find one you like. The trouble is - it's impossible to stop at just one!!
And just remembered the name of the big cross body bag - it's called Jeel - absolutely perfect for hand luggage - good luck with the search
Susi1962

Postby missingthesunshine » 10 May 2010 20:17

i think i've finally managed to minimise the amount on essentials i take leaving more room in my suit case for goodies coming home.
avon skin so soft fresh scent ,the blue one, (not only a great mosturisor but also was used a one point my american military as mossie repelant and it does work)
travel adaptor and extention cord (plug extension cord in with adaptor giving you more sockets for other electeic essentials)
mini travel toiletries (for the first day then go straight down tansas for full size ones)
always take my own face wash not worth trying a new one out there and having it cause a breakout
immodium & antihistamin (always found the chemists really good for anything else)
use a moisturising shampoo to wash clothes in (works as fabric softner as well then)
comfy metalic sandals in different colours can be worn both day and night
dresses always pack smaller as well
pasmina or two can be worn on plane and in the evenings if its chilly
missingthesunshine
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby Colette » 14 May 2010 10:43

Pasminas are great aren't they, I always buy one over there as I am always boiling on the plane cos I get stressed out :lol:
Colette

Postby blondie » 14 May 2010 10:54

Well, I've gone and bought myself an itsa to take with me this year. Ordered it on Tuesday, arrived on Wednesday, so looking forward to lying on the beach with all my bits and bobs safely stowed in it and easily to hand when I need them - my book, iPod, suncream, etc etc :D
blondie

Postby fin54 » 14 May 2010 12:29

Itsa's are brilliant, only problem with them is they are heavy for packing in your luggage, I have one but tend to transport it with my hand luggage
fin54

Postby blondie » 14 May 2010 12:42

fin54 wrote:Itsa's are brilliant, only problem with them is they are heavy for packing in your luggage, I have one but tend to transport it with my hand luggage

I bought one of the lightweight ones - and they've got some on special offer at the moment, so they're cheaper too. As my hubby usually has loads of space in his case anyway, we usually stick the beach towels in his, so I'll just do that again. It doesn't seem to weigh any more than our usual beach towels, which were quite thick.
blondie

Postby oscarnorwich » 15 May 2010 21:28

I'm going to cheat,too and put both of ours in hubby's case,T.
oscarnorwich

Advertisement

Postby madazahatter » 26 May 2010 18:49

Always take my vitamin C tablets, the best hangover cure I have known. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
madazahatter

Postby Susi1962 » 28 May 2010 12:23

madazahatter wrote:Always take my vitamin C tablets, the best hangover cure I have known. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

A lot of people seem to take Berocca for the same reason ...
Susi1962

Postby laura180306 » 31 May 2010 15:11

We normally go self catering, but this year we are in a hotel, bed & breakfast. Sometimes at lunch time we just have some bread & cheese in our room, but as we don't have a kitchen this year, we have no crockery. Any advise on taking plastic glasses, plates & cutlery?? Will this be OK in the case and will this be allowed??
We are staying in the Efes Inn this year! :D
laura180306

Postby blondie » 03 Jun 2010 17:34

Definitely an Itsa convert now - loved mine. It was great having my book, sun cream, water etc all in the pockets at the side then you just roll it up into the bag and carry it back from the beach - genius idea! People were even coming up to me on the beach to ask where I got it. I love how it's long enough to cover the entire beach sun lounger - normal towels don't and usually slip down anyway.
blondie

Postby jambogarry » 24 Jun 2010 20:49

Spill the beans blondie!!!!! ]

Where in Edinburgh or Midlothian can we find them??

only 6 days to go :D
jambogarry

Advertisement

Postby blondie » 24 Jun 2010 21:21

Think you can only buy them online, garry - but I ordered mine one day and it arrived the nect!

The address is:

www.theitsa.com
blondie

Postby John V » 28 Jul 2010 06:32

I always have in my case a pocket size torch and batteries, needles and threads, sellotape and a small tube of superglue,you never know when things are going to come unstuck.
John V

Postby dragon » 27 Apr 2011 21:26

I always take a rubber bath mat as they're much safer by being non-slip and I always leave it behind on coming home. Bought one today in Argos for £2.49.
dragon

Postby mickyq » 15 May 2011 11:58

pair of shorts
lots of EFES tokens
and a good sence of humour!! your gona need it lol :lol:
mickyq

• Advertisement

PreviousNext

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.