Bacon!!

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Bacon!!

Postby ali nes » 09 May 2009 21:25

Can I bring bacon from UK into Turkey? done it before but don't know if it may cause problems this time? :? I wouldn't mind but I'm a veggie but hubby likes his pig sarnies!! :oops: :?
ali nes
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby mazz » 09 May 2009 21:59

I'm sure you'll be OK if you wrap it well and pack it in your suitcase, I know several people who have taken bacon over for friends who have restaurants out there!

Mazz
mazz

Postby Sue » 10 May 2009 17:44

If you put your bacon in the suitcase frozen you will find that it is still frozen when you get there.

we are planning on taking tins of cornedd beef and ham for our friends over there, could this be put in the hand luggage I am running out of space in the suitcase
Sue

Postby kirky » 10 May 2009 18:26

took bacon in april got from butchers vacum filled fresh not frozen .
kirky

Postby mazz » 10 May 2009 18:36

I took scones, strawberry jam and some real Devon clotted cream from a local farm over with me once as a Turkish friend had heard about the Devon cream teas.... what a disaster. I put the clotted cream in a cool bag in my hand luggage and when I arrived at my apartment it had turned to butter :lol: It seemed such a good idea at the time :lol:

Still, the scones and jam were very nice :D

Mazz
mazz

Postby Christabel » 17 May 2009 22:29

Sue, all food we took in our hand luggage last year was confiscated at Gatwick! I was gutted! Tins of M & S chilli, curry etc. They said it was because the scanner couldnt identify what was in the tins. In future it will go in the suitcases!

Christabel
Christabel

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.