Prickly heat injection.

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Prickly heat injection.

Postby joan1950 » 16 Apr 2009 09:05

Hi all
Could anybody please tell me if the chemist by the Tansas supermarket is still doing injections for people who suffer from prickly heat and if so how much does it cost this year.

Many thanks Carl and Joan.
joan1950

Advertisement

Postby reesy1959 » 16 Apr 2009 09:06

Not sure Joan, but I remember reading a thread about this last year, try having a search via the search button at the top.
reesy1959

Postby reesy1959 » 16 Apr 2009 09:09

I just had a quick glance through the search facility, but couldnt find what the thread was that I was referring to.

You should get your replies later when more people are about.

Its getting exciting now, not long until we start to get all the stories and reviews on Icmeler.
reesy1959

Postby joan1950 » 16 Apr 2009 09:45

we put the tread on last year but just want to know if they are still doing it this year best thing out made my holiday no more itching
joan1950

Postby swc24 » 16 Apr 2009 11:07

Hi Joan
http://www.icmeleronline.com/forum/view ... ickly+heat
this might be the thread your looking for

Steve
swc24

Postby Colette » 16 May 2009 12:25

joan1950

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:38 am Post subject: Prickly heat injection

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if anyone is going in next few weeks can they enquire at the chemist by Tansas supermarket if they are still doing the injection this year for prickly heat and how much it is please we are flying on 7th June for 3 weeks had it last year and worked brilliant thanks

cindy1504

Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:46 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what is this injection you talking about it sounds good

joan1950

Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:06 pm Post subject:

my partner suffers really bad with prickly heat and as tried everything but he heard about this injection and went and had it last year and never suffered the whole 3 weeks we were there he also uses piz buin 1 a day lotion ...we were wondering if they are still doing it

Chris

Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:08 pm Post subject: prickly heat injection

I suffer with prickly heat every year,once it even came up on my face it was horrendous,last year someone recommended to me Magicool plus,as soon as the lumps started I sprayed it on,fantastic!!lumps went down so another alternative to the injection.

blondie

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:14 am Post subject:

The Magicool Plus is very good - my daughter gets quite bad prickly heat and we tried the spray last year. She found it worked really well, but she did get prickly heat on the day she forgot to take the spray with her to the beach. Make sure you get the Magicool Plus one (orangey tin) rather than the normal one though.

Sue

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:15 am Post subject:

I swear by Magicool now I have discovered it, i dont have to use it as much now as the cause of my prickly heat was Piz Buin so stear clear of it

jonjon

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:37 am Post subject:

Sue

Will have to give Magicool Plus a go as i to suffer with prickly heat, but have to disagree with your comment " Piz Buin, steer clear".
Since i have used Piz Buin Allergy my prickly heat is not as bad, i swear by it, suppose each person is different.

Sue

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:46 pm Post subject:

sorry i meant to put that I stear clear of Piz Buin any brand of that suntan lotion brings on the prickly heat for me

salford_steve

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:06 pm Post subject:

I was talking to one of my friends at work, she has just got back from ut Goa. She was asying she used to get terrible prickly heat, but what she does now is take anti histamines a week before she goes, and also continues to take them while she is there, and she has never had trouble since. This was suggested to her by her doctor, and you can get them all over for under a quid a packet.
Colette

Advertisement

Postby feefee1970 » 01 Jun 2009 01:58

30 Days Allergy & Hayfever Relief Cetirizine Tabs

my pal swears by them found them on the web for 29p not sure how much P&P costs

i really need something as prickly heat ruins my hols
feefee1970

Postby KarenH » 01 Jun 2009 08:07

i work in a hospital, and from the onsite chemist i pay 35p for 7 of the cetirizine tablets....

wilkos also do them cheaply if you look for the ingrediant name, and not a well known brand name.
KarenH

Postby Sue » 02 Jun 2009 17:57

I went to that chemist last week and they were only selling tablets or Gel, they also sold some alo vera Gel which was fantastic for Prickly heat
Sue

Postby worlass » 05 Jun 2009 22:05

I also used to suffer terribly with prickly heat. It has not been a problem for the last five or 6 years though since i started to use 'PABA free' sun lotion. This was recommended in florida as most of our UK sun creams are wax based and block pores which prevents the skin from sweating (or perspiring for all of us ladies!!) These are quite difficult to find in the UK though but i now use Piz Buin OIL FREE lotion and it is brilliant. Also if i do get the occasional small patch starting i use Menaderm Simple lotion. Unfortunately this can only be bought in the pharmacies in Spain so i always stock pile it...............just in case - although as i say, i haven't needed it very much for a few years now.
worlass

Postby KarenH » 07 Jun 2009 07:37

boots last year did an PABA free suncream. cost about £4 i think in a bright orange square shape bottle.....there own make......

it didnt make any difference to me tho, and i use aloe vera......
KarenH

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.