Icmelerites Slimming Progress

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Re: Icmelerites Slimming Progress

Postby sunseeker2011 » 28 May 2013 09:58

Finally seeing some results (albeit small but on-target so far).

in one week I have lost 2.1 lbs so now weigh in at 186.7 :)

Still another 11.7 lbs to lose in 8 weeks & 6 days - shouldn't be too hard.
sunseeker2011

Advertisement

Postby sunseeker2011 » 03 Jun 2013 07:21

Lost another 1.5 pounds over the last week, now weigh in at 185.2 lbs, just another 10.2 lbs to go to my target weight :)
sunseeker2011

Postby ochlynda » 03 Jun 2013 12:55

Well done sunseeker :D My hubby has been eating sensibly and taking the dog out for walks,started back in March and to date he has lost 1st 10lbs. Mind you he is starting to do my head in,as everything I go to put in my own mouth it's do you know how many calories are in that,the fat content in that is ..... Would take the pleasure out of eating :lol: :lol:
ochlynda

Postby sunseeker2011 » 03 Jun 2013 15:30

ochlynda wrote:Well done sunseeker :D My hubby has been eating sensibly and taking the dog out for walks,started back in March and to date he has lost 1st 10lbs. Mind you he is starting to do my head in,as everything I go to put in my own mouth it's do you know how many calories are in that,the fat content in that is ..... Would take the pleasure out of eating :lol: :lol:

Lol, yeah I know what he means though, I still enjoy my food but I'm looking forward to eating/drinking to excess on holiday lol. Although I will be walking and swimming a lot.
sunseeker2011

Postby sunseeker2011 » 10 Jun 2013 07:40

Another week on and still going in the right direction, another 1.8 lbs lost so now weigh in at 183.4 lbs (A total loss of 5.4 lbs since 20th May)

so 8.4 lbs to go in exactly 7 weeks (1.2 lb per week) for my target weight of 175 lbs (12.5 stone)

Also started to notice my trousers don't feel as tight round the waisline now lol :lol:
sunseeker2011

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 11 Jun 2013 21:05

You are doing well sunseeker and should have no probs getting to target at the rate you are losing. Well done and keep it up.
sunlover loch lomond

Advertisement

Postby sunseeker2011 » 12 Jun 2013 06:45

sunlover loch lomond wrote:You are doing well sunseeker and should have no probs getting to target at the rate you are losing. Well done and keep it up.

Thanks for the support but I had a bad day yesterday and 'treated' myself to a doner kebab and chips. I'll put that behind me now as I know it was a bit naughty - kinda felt a bit guilty afterwards lol

onward and upwards :)
sunseeker2011

Postby sunseeker2011 » 17 Jun 2013 07:13

Well the Doner kebab didn't seem to do any lasting damage, lost another 1.6 lbs this week, now weigh in at 181.8 lbs.

Am now under 13 stone which has been a long while since I was that. Just another 6.8 lbs to go to my target weight which at this rate should be easily achieved. Who knows, I might even go past my target weight... :)
sunseeker2011

Postby sunseeker2011 » 24 Jun 2013 07:16

Hmmm, bit of a bad week (popcorn at cinema didn't help either) :oops:

Put on 0.2 lbs so have gone up to 182.0 (13 stone). Still, if I put my mind to it I still reckon I can get down to 175 in 5 weeks - 1.4 lbs per week. I have started running again so that should help shed some of those pounds...

onwards & upwards.... :)
sunseeker2011

Postby sunseeker2011 » 01 Jul 2013 07:28

Lost a bit more wieght (just under 1 lb) now weigh in at 181.1lbs so another 6.1 lbs to my target weight (4 weeks to go til we fly).

Might not quite reach my target weight but I'm feeling pretty positive about the weight loss so far (7.7 lbs total)
sunseeker2011

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 01 Jul 2013 18:55

Sunseeker. You are doing well and the main thing is that when you go off the rails you get back on the track. I have just returned from Icmeler and have put on 7lbs so I will need to be taking my own advice. Good luck - it's not easy!!
sunlover loch lomond

Advertisement

Postby sunseeker2011 » 12 Jul 2013 06:50

A bit of a late one this week but again a positive result - especially afer our weekend away in Wolverhampton - they had a fantastic indian restaurant next door and I also consumed a few pints of fizzy :) That was Saturday evening, then out visiting family and out to the pub for a big sunday lunch...

So getting on the scales this week was a daunting task - imagine my surprise when I found out I had lost almost another lb - 180.4lb - very happy with that.

I now have just over 2 weeks (fly date is 29th July) to loose a few more pounds.

Total weight loss is now 8.4 lbs - the big question is, can I loose 5.4 lbs in 17 days to reach my target weight of 175lbs?
sunseeker2011

Postby daisysun » 04 Feb 2014 12:37

Is anyone else starting a diet/healthy eating this year before going on their holidays?
I have just started trying to loose weight on yesterday. It is something which i should have done ages ago but have never quite getting my head around it, SO i now feel in the right frame of mind and feel i have the determination (just about :) ) to give it a go and hopefully loose a few lbs and more before my hols in July.
I have cut out all the junk like chocolate, crisps etc which has been my main downfall for a long time, i am starting to walk more and i have an excersize dvd which i am going to try and do at least once a week.
It would be nice to hear if anyone else is doing/planning on doing the same?
daisysun

Postby LaneyICR » 08 Feb 2014 10:27

Hi Daiseysun, I am sure there are many people now starting or thinking or starting diets ready for their hols. I may not be going on hols, but making sure I can fit into my works uniform for the beginning of the season is my aim :) I started my diet second week in January and weight is heading slowly in the right direction. I also have got a fitness workout but it's with the Nintendo wii and the first couple of weeks it was out to kill me, but I am winning the fight.
I'll admit my diet is not strict and does not involve avoiding certain foods, but it's working at the moment so I see no reason to change something thats working.
Lets hope some more people join and give some ideas or even recipes to healthy eating and exercise.
LaneyICR

Postby bobbysgirl » 09 Feb 2014 11:50

Hi Daisysun and Laney - got to my target recently with Slimming World and desperately trying to keep within the 3lb either side so good luck with your eating plans and exercise. :D
bobbysgirl

Postby LaneyICR » 10 Feb 2014 10:16

Well done bobbysgirl & good luck maintaining it. I've actually been using some of the slimming world recipes just because they sounded and tasted really nice. I am just 2 kilos from my goal (not ideal) weight, but as I said it's slow going.
LaneyICR

Advertisement

Postby bobbysgirl » 10 Feb 2014 22:50

Hi Laney - well tomorrow is weighing in day - don't think I have had a good week, I find when it is very cold ,I need sweet food! However, I will get back to the plan hopefully and might be surprised that I haven't gained lol!
bobbysgirl

Postby daisysun » 21 Feb 2014 14:13

Hello. Well i have managed to loose 8lbs (still a long long way to go) and as of Wednesday have joined my local slimming world, so this is only day 2 on slimming world but i am finding it ok so far. Good luck to you both (and anyone else doing the same)
daisysun

Postby LaneyICR » 28 Feb 2014 16:10

Well I reluctantly weighed this morning and was very pleased to find I had lost another kilo so that is 4 kilos lost in total. Winter is always hard, because when the weather is horrible outside you just want to stay in and eat comfort food. Fingers crossed we will all get there by the summer. :D
LaneyICR

Postby daisysun » 05 Mar 2014 13:12

well done Laney. I agree that winter is a hard time to loose weight as your right - just need sweet comfort food, but im dreading not loosing the weight i'd like to before hols (when i can no longer hide behind winter clothes :oops: )
I lost another 2lbs last week but have had a rubbish week this week as there have been two birthdays and i haven't really stuck to my "healthy eating plan" never mind, thats behind me and hopefully im back on track for a good week ahead
daisysun

• Advertisement

PreviousNext

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.