Non Turkey related but any ideas would be helpful.

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Non Turkey related but any ideas would be helpful.

Postby Chris221273 » 30 Jul 2014 12:04

Hey all,
My stepson is off to Magaluf next week, and doesn't get paid till Wednesday (the day of his flight), so can't take all his wages out in time.
Is the exchange rate in general like Turkey and you'd get a better euro exchange rate in magaluf than you would here?
Thanks.
Chris
Chris221273

Advertisement

Re: Non Turkey related but any ideas would be helpful.

Postby Fuseman » 30 Jul 2014 12:45

Hi Chris, when you say he can't take all his wages out in time I'm presuming you mean out of his bank account due to the maximum daily limit imposed by his bank?
If this is the case he will presumably be using his debit/credit card in Spain to gain access to his cash, if so then he will fall foul of the banks cash withdrawal charge (mine charge 2.5% with a minimum of £2.00 for each withdrawal) and be withdrawing money in Euro's not Stirling? the exchange rate will be that of his banks on the day of withdrawal.
Hope this helps a little.
Fuseman

Postby Mandy Mo » 31 Jul 2014 08:23

Can't give an answer to your question soz - but just a thought for the future:- me and the Mr put £10 each religiously every weekend in a pot for our holiday spends - that way we don't have to worry about our spending money before we go - simples!!! Works well for us anyway :lol:
Mandy Mo

Postby Chris221273 » 31 Jul 2014 14:12

Same as us Mandy Mo, but he's 21 and knows everything so we don't even argue the point anymore!!!! :-D
Chris221273

Postby Fuseman » 01 Aug 2014 12:36

In my case its usually bank of dad to the rescue :(
Fuseman

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.