marmite

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

marmite

Postby sancher » 17 May 2014 04:34

If i eat this horrible stuff will it help keeping the little flying blood sucking little s**ts away from me ? :( a friend said it will is he kidding me ? i think he just likes seeing the face i pull when i try it :lol:
sancher

Advertisement

Re: marmite

Postby mansy » 17 May 2014 05:30

You've gotta be kidding me, I know it tastes foul but never heard that one.

We just use Jungle Formula (to rub on, not eat :lol: ), never get bothered by the dreaded mozzies now.
mansy

Postby blondie » 17 May 2014 07:02

Some people swear by this (supposed to be the Vitamin B content in it), however, I am a mozzie magnet and a Marmite addict (I eat it every day) and it doesn't stop me getting bitten! When it comes to mozzies, what works for one person doesn't always work for anothr - I have tried almost everything known to man and the thing which works best for me is the Avon Skin So Soft (original dry oil spray) but I know that doesn't do the trick for everyone either. It is honestly a case of trial and error until you find something which works for you - especially if you are one of the unfortunate ones like me who they seem to love! I also react really badly to the bites and invariably end up on antibiotics - I still have the scars from bites I got almost 30 years ago in Spain.
Anyway, the moral of that ramble is - if you like Marmite, give it a go, it might just work for you...
blondie

Postby madazahatter » 17 May 2014 07:14

The best repellent I've used is Avon spray oil, must admit it probably tastes better than marmite but there's no need to eat this.
madazahatter

Postby Eatock08 » 17 May 2014 09:19

A lady at my work says eating marmite worked for her when she was in India last year but when she went to Thailand this year it didn't work.

I just use avons skin so soft dry oil spray and lemon & tea tree shower gel. If I'm somewhere with a lot of shrubbery I have a can of OFF in my bag and use that too :lol:
Eatock08

Postby sancher » 18 May 2014 05:22

what about rubbing it in like sun cream .me thinks this would be better than eating it :lol:
sancher

Advertisement

Postby ronsan » 18 May 2014 18:28

Avon skin so soft dry oil spray ( original one ) i use it and never been bitten while using it :D :D :D
ronsan
New User
New User

Postby sylvia » 18 May 2014 21:22

I take garlic capsules for 2 weeks before I go never been bittenfor a few years ,since I started to take them, hope this helps. :D
sylvia

Postby sancher » 19 May 2014 04:44

thought garlic keeps vampire's away .i wasn't aware it works on mozzies too . garlic also works on OH too :lol:
sancher

Postby worlass » 19 May 2014 12:13

I take vitamin B1 tablets . one a day for 2 weeks before i go and then one a day when on holiday. I also ut the Avon skin so soft dry oil spray at night.

I used to have my holidays ruined by mozzies but hardly a bite since i started this regime! RESULT......!!!
worlass

Postby cmac » 19 May 2014 13:17

Some people will go to extremes !! Anyway Marmite is delicious :-) , do not wear too strong a perfume or deodorant, and buy the local lemon repellent, nothing better and much cheaper than all the gimmicks
cmac

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.