Turkey Travel Insurance Europe or Worldwide

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Turkey Travel Insurance Europe or Worldwide

Postby jonesyx3 » 11 May 2014 00:31

Went on Axa Travel insurance for a quote. Select Country,Turkey, this comes up as Europe.
Went into Thomas Cook for a quote,Turkey comes up as worldwide. T.C. quote came out £70 pound more.
I questioned this and was told some companys class Turkey Worldwide others Europe. Take care when booking,if you select the wrong one and pay you will not be covered. Its best to select Turkey and let the company say what they class it as. :?
jonesyx3
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: Turkey Travel Insurance Europe or Worldwide

Postby Chris221273 » 11 May 2014 06:55

jonesyx3 wrote:Went on Axa Travel insurance for a quote. Select Country,Turkey, this comes up as Europe.
Went into Thomas Cook for a quote,Turkey comes up as worldwide. T.C. quote came out £70 pound more.
I questioned this and was told some companys class Turkey Worldwide others Europe. Take care when booking,if you select the wrong one and pay you will not be covered. Its best to select Turkey and let the company say what they class it as. :?

£70 more?!
Good lord who do you use?
Our insurance is about £19.00 each!
Try Flexicover.
Chris & Anita
Chris221273

Postby blondie » 11 May 2014 07:25

Some companies class Turkey as Europe, but more and more are now categorising it as worldwide, so check carefully before you buy. And Chris, the cost of travel insurance can vary enormously, especially if you have medical conditions to declare. Cheapest is not necessarily best - you have to make sure you are comparing like with like and read the small print carefully.
blondie

Postby Chris221273 » 11 May 2014 17:58

blondie wrote:Some companies class Turkey as Europe, but more and more are now categorising it as worldwide, so check carefully before you buy. And Chris, the cost of travel insurance can vary enormously, especially if you have medical conditions to declare. Cheapest is not necessarily best - you have to make sure you are comparing like with like and read the small print carefully.

Yeah blondie I did think of that afterwards.
And yeah know what you're saying with regards to cheapest. It always best, just have used the ones we use a few times now and they are spot on for our needs :-)
Chris221273

Postby jonesyx3 » 11 May 2014 23:44

Blondie,toatally agree with you,just because its cheap doesnt mean its the best.
I could have got it a lot cheaper but want to make sure we are insured for what we want.
Chris, the £70 pound more was with Thomas Cook. I went into there shop. That said,the quote from Axa classed Turkey as Europe and Thomas Cook classed it as worldwide hence the differance I guess. This was single trip insurance.
jonesyx3
New User
New User

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.