Recommend Travel Insurance

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Recommend Travel Insurance

Postby jonesyx3 » 09 May 2014 18:39

Would some of you nice people help me out please :?
I require travel insurance for myself and my two daughters. Could anyone suggest a good reliable company for travel insurance. Pray I wont need to make a claim but if i do, I dont want to be caught out and find im not covered for the usual hospital treatment,delays etc. You do hear some horror stories where people thought they were covered and due to small print the company riggles out of it.
I have Googled Travel Insurance but there are so many to choose from.
Thanks people. :)
jonesyx3
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: Recommend Travel Insurance

Postby jayjay1950 » 09 May 2014 18:45

Hi, we have always used "Insure and go"
jayjay1950

Postby Eatock08 » 09 May 2014 19:04

I use AXA Insurance, they were really good last year when my dad was Ill in the Dominican. As long as you declare all your medical conditions and have your necessary vaccinations you shouldn't have a problem with any insurer.
Eatock08

Postby steve.crowe » 10 May 2014 01:16

We've stuck with insure and go but last week they phoned me up for my renewal and caught me at a vulnerable time, £253 ! ouch. Next day I did some comparisons and decided to cancel. Next day they phone and offer me exactly the same policy for £131. Just shows, compare and be aware of prices before you agree a policy with them.
steve.crowe

Postby jayjay1950 » 10 May 2014 08:58

steve.crowe wrote:We've stuck with insure and go but last week they phoned me up for my renewal and caught me at a vulnerable time, £253 ! ouch. Next day I did some comparisons and decided to cancel. Next day they phone and offer me exactly the same policy for £131. Just shows, compare and be aware of prices before you agree a policy with them.

We have never had any problems with them. Last year after we had bought the holiday insurance my OH was diagnosed with angina and had to have heart bypass. We got in touch with insure and go to inform them and they said as we had bought the insurance before he was diagnosed there would be no extra cost. This year the extra he did have to pay was still below anywhere else.
jayjay1950

Postby mks » 10 May 2014 09:06

We too use insure and go and find them very competitive. My partner has to disclose a medical condition which wont be covered but as its not something that will not come on over night, its not a problem. Although we have not had to claim yet. Fingers crossed that continues.
mks

Advertisement

Postby cmac » 10 May 2014 11:11

Do an google comparison. We got our insurance for £21 for two weeks in June/July. Unlimited medical cover, insurance for cancellations, baggage, personal money etc. We are 3 adults and 1 child so deemed a group booking even though we are a family, but still good value. You can tailor policies to your own requirements. the company is travelinsurance.co.uk
cmac

Postby Chris221273 » 11 May 2014 06:58

Flexicover is who we use.
Costs about £20 each for 2 weeks and very good cover for every eventuality.
Can't get over some of the prices people are paying on here for insurance!
Chris & Anita
Chris221273

Postby blondie » 11 May 2014 07:27

The prices some people are mentioning could be for annual policies rather than single trip - or cover medical conditions. Just because one person can get a policy cheaply doesn't mean that same policy would be suitable for another.
blondie

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.