***UPDATE*** Travelfx will be no longer selling Turkish Lira

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Travelfx stopped selling Turkish Lira???

Postby Chris221273 » 08 May 2014 10:49

Just wonder if anyone else has noticed travelfx has taken Turkish Lira off of the currencies list that they offer!!!
Bit odd isn't it?!
Chris221273

Advertisement

***UPDATE*** Travelfx will be no longer selling Turkish Lira

Postby Chris221273 » 08 May 2014 11:09

I've just spoken to someone at Travelfx and they have stopped selling Turkish Lira for the foreseeable future as neither themselves and according to him most other exchange offices can't get hold of any.
He seemed to think it had something to do with the Turkish Government!!
Can JT or anyone shed any light on this?
Chris
Chris221273

Re: ***UPDATE*** Travelfx will be no longer selling Turkish

Postby daisysun » 08 May 2014 11:27

I dont know the reasons for it but when we went to get sone spending money changed into lira last weekend, we were told that "there was a shortage of it at the moment"?? that was from a travel agents (they had the best exchange rate) i asked if that was because they had had a lot of customers in to exchange money maybe before the rate dropped any lower?, and she said no and that everywhere seemed to be struggling to get hold of it??
daisysun

Postby Chris221273 » 08 May 2014 11:38

How strange daisy!
Chris221273

Postby daisysun » 08 May 2014 17:28

Chris221273 wrote:How strange daisy!

Thats what we thought. I don't understand how?
daisysun

Postby blondie » 08 May 2014 18:46

Have seen quite a few people saying they've found it really hard to get hold of Turkish lira here in the UK at the moment...
blondie

Advertisement

Postby Chris221273 » 09 May 2014 08:03

JT do you have any idea?
Chris221273

Postby bobbysgirl » 09 May 2014 13:38

A local Travel Agent has a notice in their window saying that they have stocks of the Lira but to obtain it quickly as there is a shortage of Lira in the UK. It must be all the people who changed money when the rate was very high lol!!
bobbysgirl

Postby Chris221273 » 09 May 2014 14:18

bobbysgirl wrote:A local Travel Agent has a notice in their window saying that they have stocks of the Lira but to obtain it quickly as there is a shortage of Lira in the UK. It must be all the people who changed money when the rate was very high lol!!

I spoke to someone yesterday who works for an exchange agency and they said they've only ever had a shortage in currency when a country is either trying to change the currency (ie joining the EU) or because a country is trying to lower the rate of inflation!
Guessing it would be the latter?!
Chris
Chris221273

Postby blondie » 09 May 2014 17:21

bobbysgirl wrote:A local Travel Agent has a notice in their window saying that they have stocks of the Lira but to obtain it quickly as there is a shortage of Lira in the UK. It must be all the people who changed money when the rate was very high lol!!

:oops: Guilty as charged there, m'lud! :oops:
blondie

Postby daisysun » 16 May 2014 21:02

Chris221273 wrote:

I spoke to someone yesterday who works for an exchange agency and they said they've only ever had a shortage in currency when a country is either trying to change the currency (ie joining the EU) or because a country is trying to lower the rate of inflation!
Guessing it would be the latter?!
Chris

I asked a travel agent yesterday why there is a shortage and they said it was because the turkish government have stopped lira from leaving the country as they are trying to rewrite the rules and regulations regarding releasing lira to European countries and until they have done that no lira is to be released. I dont really fully understand the ins and outs but thats what I was told
daisysun

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.