Packing advice

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Packing advice

Postby Joules » 09 Apr 2014 14:38

Hi

6 weeks to go and I'm starting to sort my holiday clothes.

End of May, will I need a cardigan for an evening?

Generally speaking are there normally enough hangers in the wardrobes? We're over for 2 weeks. Should I bring some from home?

Are shower gel/shampoo/conditioner/sun lotion expensive in resort? Should I buy before we come?

The important one. Mosquitos....... In Spain they consider my wrists and ankles to be a special dish if I don't go armed. I usually have the plug in liquid stuff then buy a spray locally on arrival. Will I be ok?

Anything else u think could be useful will be appreciated

Joules
:D
Joules
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: Packing advice

Postby daisysun » 09 Apr 2014 19:40

I have never been in May before but I have heard other people say the temps in may are similar to tbose in Sept and we were there last in sept and we def didn't need a cardigan on a night time but not sure how similar those temps are. I suppose it wouldn't take up to much space to take one anyway and also wear one for travelling in so you have a couple with you.
We always say that there is never enough coat hangers and always promise to take some with us the next time but always forget so yes I'd say take some. We always take sun tan cream etc with us so we don't have to worry about shopping for them whilst there but I suppose its personal choice.
Like yourself I always get eating alive so always take plug ins and also something with a high deet content. The shops and markets also sell a lemon spray which I think is fantastic as a repellent and also if you do get bitten as a relief. Its also very cooling and relieving for sun burn. Worth buying some. Hope this helps a bit. Can't wait till we are sorting our holiday clothes etc
daisysun

Re: Packing advice

Postby blondie » 10 Apr 2014 07:26

We were there at the end of May last year and it was actually really hot - we certainly didn't need a cardi or anything at night. You can easily buy stuff like shampoos, shower gel etc in the supermarkets but I would probably take your sun cream with you, especially if you like a particular brand, as they can be quite expensive there.
As for the mozzies, you shouldn't have too much of a problem at that time of year - I am a magnet for the little blighters and find Avon Skin So Soft works well for me, but it doesn't for everyone. You can buy good repellents in the local shops - Sinkov and Off are good brands to look out for.
blondie

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.