suggestions for hand luggage

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

suggestions for hand luggage

Postby daisysun » 04 Apr 2014 22:07

Can anyone suggest some things that could be packed in kids hand luggage to keep them entertained? They don't want to take things like psp's or any electrical things in case they get lost or broken so apart from the obvious books magazine's pens pencils etc etc has anyone got any good suggestions? We are flying with jet2 this year and I've heard that they don't have tv's. Also what handy things do you adults pack in your hand luggage either for entertainment or just something that always comes in 'handy' I always seem to have a lot of 'stuff' with me that I never use :?
daisysun

Advertisement

Re: suggestions for hand luggage

Postby noodles1609 » 05 Apr 2014 07:23

You can "hire" a player on jet2 flights that has films and other programmes on. Last year they were £7.50 and I think you could have two lots of headphones for that but might be wrong :)
noodles1609

Postby Chocoholic » 05 Apr 2014 09:39

You can buy little travel games with magnetic pieces, great for adults as well as children. I used to love playing Ludo etc with my parents and grandparents and children now seem to miss out on them as it's all consoles etc. I am sure they will occupy kids for a couple of hours.
Chocoholic

Postby daisysun » 05 Apr 2014 10:58

I didn't realise that they hire out players. It will probably be worth getting one as at least one of us will probably want to watch it (ther will be 5 of us). And how could I forget about travel games I used to love playing these as well and im sure my older boys will as well. Ill def have a look around for some cheap travel games :) both of these suggestions sound great as like I say my 2 older boys don't want to take their tablets psp etc as they are worried they will get lost or broken (they took them last year) and they both love playing board games and watching films so will def do both of these. The thought of a 4 hour flight with 3 bored children isn good not to mention a bored husband as well :)
We will be taking little toys and a book or two for my youngest (2 and a half) but the older ones seem slightly harder to please as (especially my eldest who will be 12) he is kind of passed playing with toys but loves sitting next to the window but that will only entertain for short periods during the flight.
daisysun

Postby dragon » 05 Apr 2014 15:53

My daughter usually takes a portable DVD player for the children, which also comes in handy to check the DVDs that we buy. I know there's always a risk that it could be damaged but it's worth it for when they get bored of the books etc. Wrap it in bubble wrap before going in the hand luggage for extra protection.
dragon

Postby daisysun » 05 Apr 2014 17:48

The bubble wrap is a good idea. I'll definitely do this if they decide to take any electronics
daisysun

Advertisement

Postby Harrishawk » 06 Apr 2014 14:25

Hi
We usualy go to a stationary shop and you can buy any size padded envelope (Jiffy bag) you can imagine
But the size that fits your device and it can be used a few times
Hope this helps
Cheers
Harrishawk

Postby Harrishawk » 06 Apr 2014 14:28

That was supposed to say
Buy the size for your device lol
Harrishawk

Postby daisysun » 06 Apr 2014 20:28

Thats a great idea thanks. Think ive persuaded my eldest to take his psp, I've said I'll keep it in my bag for him as he's worried about loosing it and I'll definitely use one of those envelopes to protect it. Great idea.
daisysun

Postby pdbartlett » 08 Apr 2014 21:44

I'm not sure how old they are, but we started taking one or more of these when Sophie was younger:

http://www.elc.co.uk/Pocket-Scribbler/118162,default,pd.html

But in fact have carried on taking it ever since (and she's now 12!). Now we mainly use it as sort of a cross between Pictionary and Catchphrase (what song, film, Icmeler restaurant/hotel, etc. is this picture meant to be), but the waiters always seem to love drawing something as well :D

Good luck!

- Paul.
pdbartlett

Postby daisysun » 09 Apr 2014 09:25

Thanks. They are 12, 8 and 2and half. They all like doodling on them :) my youngest has one and the older two always seem to want to draw on it as well. Might be worth getting them one as well :)
daisysun

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.