Ephesus I day excursion

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Ephesus I day excursion

Postby nuttynurse59 » 20 Jun 2013 06:25

Coming back to Icmeler Aug/Sept and taking 78 year old mother with us and we fancied the Ephesus excursion can anyone tell me how far it is and does it involve a lot of walking as not sure how far mum could walk in the heat .thanks
nuttynurse59
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: Ephesus I day excursion

Postby JT » 20 Jun 2013 09:13

I would imagine it will be very hot and involve a bit of walking as it is a tour of old ruins
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby nuttynurse59 » 20 Jun 2013 18:59

Thanks JT any idea of how far from Icmeler is this ?
:D
nuttynurse59
New User
New User

Postby michelleICR » 21 Jun 2013 10:25

From Icmeler Ephesus is about 4.5 hrs travelling, and as JT has mentioned there is some walking involve and in August it is going to be hot.
michelleICR

Postby dksbbs » 21 Jun 2013 11:51

I really enjoyed Ephesus but I did the two trip together with Pammakale.

You spend about two hours walking around Ephesus, you need to buy water before you go in and make sure you take enough as once in the site there was no where to purchase extra.

When we went, we went in the top entrance and left at the bottom entrance so it was a slight down hill walk, the paths are uneven as you are walkng on ruins. Would I take my 78 year old mother, yes I would, she has had a knee replacement and walks with a stick but as long as she took it slowly and I had hold of her (in case of trips) I think she would be OK, however I would only take her in May or after the end of September as otherwise it would be far too hot for her.

Dave
dksbbs

Postby nuttynurse59 » 21 Jun 2013 17:19

Thanks very much for all your replies .I will see what she says but agree with you that it may be a bit hot for her ,plus 4.5 hrs on a bus isn't my idea of fun especially not in the kind of temperature we see in September when we visit . Thanks again
nuttynurse59
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby kentcabbie » 24 Jun 2013 11:08

You have to remember its a long coach trip BOTH ways plus a 2 hr walk around the site with a lot of other visitors in 40* heat,we did it a couple of years ago in September from Bodrum which is a shorter coach trip and that was a long ,hot day.Rog.
kentcabbie

Postby nuttynurse59 » 24 Jun 2013 18:45

Thanks Rog my son is keen to do it so think will leave him to do it with younger ones me and mum can relax at the pool with a long cold lemonade haha.Appreciate feedback
nuttynurse59
New User
New User

Postby kentcabbie » 24 Jun 2013 23:19

Probably the best thing to do, its certainly worth seeing, but a long day, i,m sure your son will love it.Rog.
kentcabbie

Postby sunseeker2011 » 25 Jun 2013 07:03

kentcabbie wrote:You have to remember its a long coach trip BOTH ways plus a 2 hr walk around the site with a lot of other visitors in 40* heat,we did it a couple of years ago in September from Bodrum which is a shorter coach trip and that was a long ,hot day.Rog.

We did it in September in 2007 from Bodrum area too and although it was worth doing it was extremely hot as there is nowhere to escape from the relentless sun as it is very open, the heat reflecting off the marble didn't help either.

I'm glad we did it but yes, it was a very long day and like kentcabbie says, it's quite a bit further from Icmeler/Marmaris area. I fell asleep on the coach on the way back - I was truly exhausted :)
sunseeker2011

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.